A Year Since Its Release, Sony Seems to Have Abandoned PlayStation VR2 - IGN

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Shuhei Yoshida confirmed Sony is examining the possibility of PSVR2 to be made compatible with PC systems. Therefore it will live, but I could see this being the last Gaming VR headset we see from Sony. What they also could do use their VR technology for other industry sectors e.g. silence, medicine, engineering etc.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Since you keep harassing me, here you go

GT7
RE Village
Horizon COTM
Switchback
RE 4 Remake
Synapse
C-Smash VRS
Crossfire Sierra
Before Your Eyes

And we can include that dud Firewall Ultra too

That's 10, but like I said yesterday, you already knew of these but are desperate to spread FUD.

AAA doesn't really apply to VR, VR as a whole is not big enough to warrant huge budgets. But the exclusives we've gotten thus far are 100x better than what you can find on Quest and Steam
If only Ryan McCaffrey could understand that. PSVR2 has a lot of games.

Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We know alot of this pseudo news article are hot takes but it's just to ferment discussion. I would agree though that PSVR2 is definitely not on top of Sony's top initiative pole and execs have alluded to as much. I want to see just one or two AA/AAA games a year, thts all I ask for. Also that they put a VR mode in most games. Doesn't have to be built for VR but add a mode.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The writing has been on the wall. A total disappointment and a sales failure. It's costing Sony just to sell the thing. Offload the unsold stock to PC and then let it fester off and die in 2 years fully.

Will probably be discontinued next year.
I can’t wait for PSVR3 to be announced and your doom and gloom FUD campaign will start all over again 🤣😂

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
We know alot of this pseudo news article are hot takes but it's just to ferment discussion. I would agree though that PSVR2 is definitely not on top of Sony's top initiative pole and execs have alluded to as much. I want to see just one or two AA/AAA games a year, thts all I ask for. Also that they put a VR mode in most games. Doesn't have to be built for VR but add a mode.
It would be nice to get one or two AAA PS5 games a year.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It would be nice to get one or two AAA PS5 games a year.
I agree. But PS5 isn't suffering from what PSVR2 is. PS5 at leasemt has some good AA/AAA third party exclusives coming out and PSVR2 generally does not. Idgaf where a game comes from as long as I get diversity and yes some of that diversity is not just a good game but also one with mid to high production values.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
What a ridiculous hot take, they are even putting PSVR2 on PC how the hell is that abandoning it
The hardware isn't selling because the software is scarce and inadequate for the $600 price of the peripheral.

So instead of making PSVR2 as a PS5 peripheral more appealing by releasing 1st-party games for it (or even just adapting the regular PS5 1st parties to run on PSVR2), they're making is more appealing by letting people just connect it to a PC and use it there.

I'm probably buying the PSVR2 as soon as it's available on PC, by the way.

Reactions: AllBizness