Aaron Greenberg said "Nobody cares about Banjo-Kazooie", according to Spanish YouTuber and personality 'Puerta al Sótano'

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Spanish youtuber and personality "Puerta al Sótano" was recently at a Flight Sim event. Aaron Greenberg was there too and apparently asked fans which games they wanted to see again.

"Puerta al Sótano" answered "Banjo-Kazooie" and apparently Aaron said "Nobody cares about Banjo Kazooie".

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
They had Toys for Bob that could do one but they kicked them out

FJ4hqI1WQAQbvSA.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Aaron isn't wrong. Banjo isn't going to do anything or make Microsoft any money. It's done. Let it rest in peace.

Reactions: Infinity

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Aaron isn't wrong. Banjo isn't going to do anything or make Microsoft any money. It's done. Let it rest in peace.
Disagree.

Banjo on Nintendo & PS would easily sell 5+ million.

Banjo on Xbox & PC will sell less then 500K if there lucky. From a financial standpoint making banjo will solely be to make it for the fans & good pr because it won’t sell + gamepass numbers won’t go up

• haha
Reactions: Infinity

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It wo

it would still be a good point for fans. And would probably make a million sales Multiplatform at least. More on Nintendo platforms too.
Why keep it dead? Its not like a movie where it spoils the previous story. So much good platforming to have

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Disagree.

Banjo on Xbox & PC will sell less then 500K if there lucky. From a financial standpoint making banjo will solely be to make it for the fans & good pr because it won’t sell + gamepass numbers won’t go up
5+ million seems extremely generous for a Banjo and Kazooie reboot.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
5+ million seems extremely generous for a Banjo and Kazooie reboot.

Yeah Id say 1-2 million first year. And then if its really well received, climb the sales to 3+million. Sales will be good especially with Nintendo fans and if its multiplatform

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The first games sold over 3 million without counting the re releases 🤷🏻‍♂️

It is a better investment than 90% of Xbox first party titles.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Disagree.

Just not worth it in the grand scheme of things. I do think that Banjo would sell best on Nintendo. I don't think that it would do anything on PlayStation/Xbox.

it would still be a good point for fans. And would probably make a million sales Multiplatform at least. More on Nintendo platforms too.
Why keep it dead? Its not like a movie where it spoils the previous story. So much good platforming to have

I'm an Xbox fan but Banjo was a Nintendo/Rare IP back then. Rare has moved on to far better things and in all honesty, the last thing I want to see from another studio is a Banjo remake or new game. I get it in a way for the fans but at the same time, I just don't see it being worth anything and I want more new IP's which is what Microsoft has been giving me. It's bad enough that they're going after all of these licenses but to then start doing remakes and what's next? Remastering everything? Nah.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'm Spanish and never heard about this youtuber. But I watched the video and the guy sounds as he's telling the truth, doesn't seem to be lying.

And well, I could see Aaron thinking that. Which in reality, it's somewhat true: a new Banjo wouldn't sell a shit unless it would be a Switch exclusive published by Nintendo. Basically because Nintendo fans buy whatever Nintendo throws at them.

But MS releasing it as a timed Xbox console exclusive? It would tank super hard.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm an Xbox fan but Banjo was a Nintendo/Rare IP back then. Rare has moved on to far better things and in all honesty, the last thing I want to see from another studio is a Banjo remake or new game. I get it in a way for the fans but at the same time, I just don't see it being worth anything and I want more new IP's which is what Microsoft has been giving me. It's bad enough that they're going after all of these licenses but to then start doing remakes and what's next? Remastering everything? Nah.

But Xbox can now cater as a publisher to other fans like Nintendo fans. It doesnt need to be an expensive game to develope, a good game that is a nostalgia cash grab is fine.
MS can make new ips, they are with Avowed, Indian Jones and others. They have enough money to make a nice simple platformer that is guaranteed 1-2million sales on all platforms if the game is good. Or sell the ip if your not gonna do anything with it, it is a more Nintendo like IP as thats where it came from

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I agree with Fatso Burger.

It's the kind of game Phil would wear on his XXXL t-shirt like Hexen or StarCrap Ghost but nobody cares about it in the real world besides Klobrille/toilet seat and his mindless morons xbots.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
But Xbox can now cater as a publisher to other fans like Nintendo fans. It doesnt need to be an expensive game to develope, a good game that is a nostalgia cash grab is fine.
MS can make new ips, they are with Avowed, Indian Jones and others. They have enough money to make a nice simple platformer that is guaranteed 1-2million sales on all platforms if the game is good. Or sell the ip if your not gonna do anything with it, it is a more Nintendo like IP as thats where it came from

They could do that. I just don't think that they will. Any chance of it happening ended when they let Toys For Bob become independent. Never say never but I would be very surprised if Microsoft was to make a Banjo remake as I think that would be much more likely than a new Banjo entry.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
If we accept the Gamepass model will always be there. A small studio churning out a Banjo game every 2 years is new content. It is also new content for kids and kids of the 90s who played the OG. Remake the original with the new engine as a starting point. No need to go ultra realistic with enhanced fur mechanics.

Once you get over the first game, the sequels are dirt cheap in comparison. You have most of the assets and just reuse most of it in a new way.