According to an IGN report: Xbox, Nintendo, and Sony won't be part of E3 2023

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
so, no Hope for xbots? or they will wait eternity now till the next E3..?! 😂
Read the article, they'll be in LA at about the same time as E3, just off-site. They actually did this for a year or two before Covid temporarily killed E3. So its just back to normal for them.

P

peter42O

It's getting to the point where his show feels like a better E3 than the actual E3. Dude just needs better announcements for the show, though last time had some decent stuff in it.

Agreed. While I know Keighley will usually save the best for The Game Awards, Summer Game Fest for E3 and Gamescom have been pretty good the last two years. Only 2020 was weak because it was so spread out and very little good content due to everyone doing their own thing.

24 Jun 2022
It's getting to the point where his show feels like a better E3 than the actual E3. Dude just needs better announcements for the show, though last time had some decent stuff in it.

Summer Games Fest 2022 was boring AF. The TGAs were a lot better. I think Keighley needs to "consolidate" (hehe) the two into one show, or copy the TGA format for Summer Games Fest in some way.

Like have the actual dev teams present the game reveals, and group them up into main Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo virtual conferences. Host their conferences but work with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo more to integrate the presentations into SGF. Give Keighley a themed physical/virtual set to walk around and explore while going from presentation to presentation/game to game.

I just want the next SGF to not be as bad as last year's, but I know he can't copy-pasta the TGA format for two shows, either. Hope they find a balance.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Honestly, I wish the TGAs were just an award show. Save the trailers for something else and present all of the awards on stage (because its not like there's many of them.)

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Diablo 4 Release Date 6/6

E3 date 13/6

To busy playing D4 to worry about E3

D

Deleted member 417

E3 died when they banned booth babes. Prove me wrong

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
the average nintendo direct we have nowadays is better than any e3 conference i remember back in the day. and we get one of those every few months. we're really spoiled now.

state of play, too.

and now xbox has their bootleg direct.

e3 just isn't needed.