According to Jason Schreier, Horizon online game is not among Sony's cancelled projects

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Unfortunately. We can safely say goodbye to guerrilla as a single player games studio.

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
They were never canceling that.
Horizon Gaas is not as expensive as TLOU GaaS project and IIRC, it was trying to chase the Fornite formula.

It's definitely coming out.

Unfortunately. We can safely say goodbye to guerrilla as a single player games studio.

That's why you have Horizon Remaster in the works. 😉

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Guerrilla's not a single player studio. Theyve made some excellent multiplayer games.

They patched an entire multiplayer mode into Killzone Liberation nearly a year after it launched:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Guerrilla's not a single player studio. Theyve made some excellent multiplayer games.

They patched an entire multiplayer mode into Killzone Liberation nearly a year after it launched:
This.

Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 MP are among the best I ever played.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
They were never canceling that.
Horizon Gaas is not as expensive as TLOU GaaS project and IIRC, it was trying to chase the Fornite formula.

It's definitely coming out.

That's why you have Horizon Remaster in the works. 😉
I want Horizon 3 since 2 ended on a cliffhanger. IDGAF about a remaster.

I'm pretty sure your brain lacks oxygen. Every single game of theirs ever released was single player, with some of them having multiplayer modes. Horizon Online is an online only game.

But good try, now go back to port begging.

Edit: To make it clear - All of their games were single player games with an optional online component. This makes them single player games, not multiplayer games, or online games. Uncharted 4 was not a multiplayer game. The Last of Us was not a multiplayer game.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Im looking forward to this it tht carton u art style thry showed before was off putting to me so hoping it didn't stay.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
they’ve alrdy said horizon 3 is in development what r u talking about.
Horizon Online will come first. This kind of game will take a full studio to support (as Naughty Dog basically explained when informing us about the cancellation of TLOU Online).

If you think H3 will come out if this game releases... You're for sure more hopeful than i.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Killzone1-2-3-4 all had multiplayer. Only 2 out of the last 6 games they’ve made had no multiplayer.
A game having a multiplayer component doesn't make it a multiplayer game. I was very clear about that distinction. But you clearly lack the reading comprehension and just want to be a contrarian.

Edit: To be even more explicit - When I say multiplayer, I mean online multiplayer. Just in case there are any doubts on these definitions, which there shouldn't be.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Are The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 multiplayer games? Or are they Single Player games with a multiplayer component?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's going to bomb if it releases.
Guerrilla titles always performed well, and the Horizon titles sold like crazy. This is an Horizon title, but wih MP coop like Monster Hunter and Helldivers 2, who are also big sellers.

Guerrilla did a great job with the Killzone 2, 3 and Liberation games. The game director, between working in this game and Killzone 2 MP was the director of Rainbow 6 Siege, which was a huge success.

Apparently this game has everything it needs to be a huge hit, I think it's almost impossible to see it bombing.

Are The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 multiplayer games? Or are they Single Player games with a multiplayer component?
They are both single player and multiplayer, but their main focus is their single player campaign.

they’ve alrdy said horizon 3 is in development what r u talking about.
Horizon Online will come first. This kind of game will take a full studio to support (as Naughty Dog basically explained when informing us about the cancellation of TLOU Online).

If you think H3 will come out if this game releases... You're for sure more hopeful than i.
Guerrilla grew some years ago to be able to develop multiple games at the same time. They oficially said to be working at the same time in Horizon 3 and Horizon Online.

Horizon 3 is being developed by the Horizon 2 / Burning Shores team.

This Monster Hunter-like MP game (I assume targeting mostly console but also PC) is being developed by a different Guerrilla team since at least 2018, with at least some of the people who worked in their previous MP modes of the Killzone titles before working in the Horizon IP.

A small Guerrilla team did support and overviewed Firesprite to make Horizon CoM. Pretty likely this team would be the one now suppporting and overviewing the Horizon MMORPG (apparently targeted to mainly mobile -but also PC and maybe console- mostly Asian market) being developed by NC Soft.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
i would never refer to naughty dog as "a single player games studio", after Last of Us Factions. I've been anticipating more Last of Us online since I rolled credits on Pt2. The cancellation of Last of Us Online hurts bro. I still don't want to believe it.

• sad
Reactions: Kokoloko