Activision-Blizzard executive tweets that Jimbo said "I don't want a Call of Duty deal, I just want to block your merger"

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Both parties are pathetic at play here.. All of these things should be discussed professionally and internally, not over the fucking internet cross-road that is twitter.

Activision being cry babies on twitter acting like children that Sony doesn't want to agree to anything
And Sony being like little kids crying over a candy that's not really even being taken away from them in the first place. Microsoft should just let CoD go, yeah its a big thing, but so is owning Blizzard and the other companies that come with Activision with it. CoD was a Microsoft thing back in the 360 days, they should of done something back then, but now its too late and they are trying too see what they can do to have it marketed it on their platform.

By Sony acting like this, they're essentially burning future bridges for any exclusive third party deals with Activision. They are just making it worse for themselves and painting themselves badly for the rest of the industry. Regardless of the outcome, this will be very interesting for the industry as a whole. Exciting and interesting times ahead for sure.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Both parties are pathetic at play here.. All of these things should be discussed professionally and internally, not over the fucking internet cross-road that is twitter.

Activision being cry babies on twitter acting like children that Sony doesn't want to agree to anything
And Sony being like little kids crying over a candy that's not really even being taken away from them in the first place. Microsoft should just let CoD go, yeah its a big thing, but so is owning Blizzard and the other companies that come with Activision with it. CoD was a Microsoft thing back in the 360 days, they should of done something back then, but now its too late and they are trying too see what they can do to have it marketed it on their platform.

By Sony acting like this, they're essentially burning future bridges for any exclusive third party deals with Activision. They are just making it worse for themselves and painting themselves badly for the rest of the industry. Regardless of the outcome, this will be very interesting for the industry as a whole. Exciting and interesting times ahead for sure.
I think the message is quite clear:

You don't mess with Play Station.

D

Deleted member 417

Source: angry npc twitter lady.

If she doesn't have proof, is she opening herself up for legal consequences? Making shit up about the CEO of a major company, while painting him a bad light, can't be legal, can it?

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

If she doesn't have proof, is she opening herself up for legal consequences? Making shit up about the CEO of a major company, while painting him a bad light, can't be legal, can it?

I don’t know why but has always struck me as a very disingenuous person. She might be getting a cut from the deal or something.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

it dosen't matter. This makes Jimbo a Giga Chad.

8BiTw0LF

VWPVe88.gif

• haha
Reactions: FIREK2029

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023

Yeah it can be a legal issue if there is no actual written evidence of what they said. So anything like an Email or a piece of paper would work. I highly doubt she would spout something like that though, you have to realize there is a reason why these people got to the positions that they're in. You can't be stupid to be in a position like that, but then again these people are making a scene on twitter, go fucking figure.

As someone who practiced real-estate in the past and have done legal contracts in the state of Florida, a written agreement is absolutely everything and will be and can be taken to court if there is some sort of a legal issue going on. There is a ton of lawsuits going around all the time, but usually most of them don't end up in peoples favor, because people are dumb when they sign contracts.

There was this one incident in California that I read about, where this couple bought a home over the internet and when they moved in they started complaining that the realtor didn't tell them that their backyard had a lot of flying insects. They tried to sue them for mispresenting the house. Well, to her "surprise" obviously the lawsuit didn't go through, because the insects outside of the property have NOTHING to do with the house whatsoever. If there was a termite issue or an actual infestation inside the house or a bad inspection then that'd be different. But they were complaining about what is essentially the outdoor life which has NOTHING to do with the housing. Basically, many buyers are fucking dumb.

Also if a seller knows there is an issue with the house and doesn't disclose and an inspection happens then that can also cause a ton of problems for the seller. Basically, the point I am trying to make here is, don't fucking lie when you are doing business on either side. You are just asking for trouble.

I have no experience or knowledge of how lawsuits would work in this particular case, but written evidence is just as is important if someone tries to sue them for it. Dunno if it will go that far though, they're probably too busy dealing with other phone calls during all this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

I don’t know why but has always struck me as a very disingenuous person. She might be getting a cut from the deal or something.
She is getting a cut.
it dosen't matter. This makes Jimbo a Giga Chad.
It doesn't sound like something he or Sony would say or be accepting about. Jim Ryan doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to be so emotionally unstable as to say this to a woman who is on twitter having meltdowns every other day.

Yeah it can be a legal issue if there is no actual written evidence of what they said. So anything like an Email or a piece of paper would work. I highly doubt she would spout something like that though, you have to realize there is a reason why these people got to the positions that they're in. You can't be stupid to be in a position like that, but then again these people are making a scene on twitter, go fucking figure.

If Jim Ryan said it, I expect a company like Sony to take him to task. If they haven't, or don't I believe she is unhinged and lying, which given past evidence...

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
It doesn't sound like something he or Sony would say or be accepting about. Jim Ryan doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to be so emotionally unstable as to say this to a woman who is on twitter having meltdowns every other day.
what makes you believe he was emotionally unbeatable. Jim is and Executive.

and he is savage. (david jaffe interview with days gone directors)

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Losing almost 15% of your revenue and about 50% or so of the COD playerbase wouldn't be good for Activision....

I mean, they are pretty much going 'all or nothing' at this stage for the deal....which seems really shortsighted.