Activision-Blizzard executive tweets that Jimbo said "I don't want a Call of Duty deal, I just want to block your merger"

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Something tells me PS will be fine without them. They just need to buckle down And invest in some more games. Both 1st party and go hardcore on taking away 3rd party games from MS like they done with Bethesda and will do with Activision. Fair is Fair.

Then make Bungie games exclusive to PS just like MS will do with Activision games and done with Bethesda.

MS is gambling big time, spending 80billion in hoping they take PS customers away

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Love Lulu!! And no surprise that Sony/Jimbo want to block the ABK deal. When you're not willing to accept a 10 year deal for something that you won't own and have no right to whatsoever, it becomes obvious that all they care about is trying to get the deal blocked. What would be hilarious though is if they succeed and then ABK goes to Microsoft with an offer for COD to make it exclusive for Xbox/PC. I would laugh my ass off if that were to happen.

I'm sorry Peter, but this comment just shows how ill-informed you are.

First and foremost, not only is Lulu openly stocking the flames on an acquisition she stands to gain from, showing how shit she is as a professional, but she is also leaving key information out of the equation. Even with all the redacted stuff, it's very easy to understand why Microsoft's "deal" is only a tactic to try and make them look good in the public eye. A poison pill, if you will. Microsoft would be better just admitting that they have no interest in having CoD / ABK games on PS consoles, instead of sneakily trying to propose deals whose only point is to force Sony to either not offer something or to have to increase prices so that they can compete (or take in the deficit):

CuTexUu.png

Tw6gi3W.png

kxgBzL6.png

I will agree that Sony wants to get the deal blocked, as they should, because this deal will not benefit anybody except for a company that has consistently trailed behind the others in offering us, gamers, what we want: Quality games.

Now, if you think Activision will be offering Xbox anything if the deal is struck down... You really don't understand business. Lulu, as well as the whole E-Suite at Activision, have a vested interest in the sale going forward: Their stock were probably granted at a much lower price when compared to the acquisition, meaning they stand to gain monetarily for it. They don't give two fucks if it's Microsoft, Sony, or the Arab Prince for Oil Endeavours.

When / if the deal fails, all of them will get the boot and will be replaced by new leadership that will surely try and secure Activision's best interests: To have an ongoing partnership with the best-selling platform.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Sony is absolutely demolishing their relationship with Activision over this lmfao..

It is actually way around. Activision demolishing relationship. First and foremost, she can't speak as m$ employee yet, she also can't speak about the contract because it suppose to be confidential info, did she just tell us that m$ and activision breaking laws? 😂

In the end of the day, where they will go with CoD? No one else will offer the better terms than Sony.

This is ridiculous spin from you and others like you. It is part of the case about m$ and sony. Activision should have never interject into this conversation, it is highly unprofessional.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Wait… given past evidence?

Yea, at this point she's getting compensated in some way or form in how her PR presence has been. Either Directly through AKB or through another way behind the scenes by a third party.

If you are primarily a PR person for a company, your job is to be pro whatever the company is trying to do. The pay out thats on the line for execs/ceo's and old guard share holders who want out because of the ongoing scandal/court case need this deal to go through.

If it doesn't they dont get the payout, and their shares will probably be worth less since announcement shares plummeted to like 66 something then went back up to 79. Where its stayed. When the scandal hit in 2019, they had a low point of 46$ a share. And after Modern warfare 2019 launched and warzone it shot back up to a high of 100 even with the ongoing scandal. But information had not reached its peak on that.

Then in summer of 2021 it hit hard, and shares plummeted. Thats when MS swooped in and talked to them, and negotiated 95$ share price. Which is insane. mostly for over a year they have hovered around 79$ a share. If this deal closes, they will be getting a premium of 95$ a share. Thats a insane market value for anyone who owns stock.

Which surprising Wedbush Michael Pachter's firm and himself own a fairly decent amount of including also stock in Microsoft. Which is why he was used for PR about how the deal should go through.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This girl is a know bullshitter in the twitter... Jimbo didn't say that.

Said that of course JImbo rejected the deal.. it is not in Sony interest to have that weird deal... the merge is bad for Sony... that means that eventually every and all game published by Activision Blizzard won't release on PlayStation.

Jimbo made a lot of bad decisions in the past but not accepting that bullying deal is not one of them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
That’s not what was said at all. She’s being a cry baby on Twitter like always.

The fact that some of you are believing this is funny.

• they're_right_you_know

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
That’s not what was said at all. She’s being a cry baby on Twitter like always.

The fact that some of you are believing this is funny.
I mean regardless that's Sony position. They don't want to Microsoft own Activision. I bet if was any other company than Nintendo and ms they would be fine

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
I mean regardless that's Sony position. They don't want to Microsoft own Activision. I bet if was any other company than Nintendo and ms they would be fine

How can you shrug off a lie in a regulatory process like this? Context matters.

Of course Sony doesn’t want MS to buy Activision. As they shouldn’t and there’s very good reasons. Nobody should want MS owning Activision.

The point is Jim Ryan did not say those specific words. You can’t boil down a larger argument to something simple like that. She is fucking crazy and just wants to get paid. I hope she gets fired after the deal fails.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How can you shrug off a lie in a regulatory process like this? Context matters.

Of course Sony doesn’t want MS to buy Activision. As they shouldn’t and there’s very good reasons. Nobody should want MS owning Activision.

The point is Jim Ryan did not say those specific words. You can’t boil down a larger argument to something simple like that. She is fucking crazy and just wants to get paid. I hope she gets fired after the deal fails.

I don't think its a lie. I believe obviously in a better formatted way of saying it, Jimbo behind closed doors probably said like I hinted at, that the bigger talking point was the deal in itself.

COD was just a talking point for media blitz since COD is the biggest IP in the ABK deal. But playstation knows Microsoft owning ABK means not just no deals for COD, but for other titles they have had deals for. Like Crash, Skylanders, Tony hawk, Overwatch, Diablo WOW.

Jimbo is not working this hard just for COD. He knows the whole picture he knows Sony's finances, knows where other sectors are money wise. He knows ABK money they see a cut from is super important to nor just Playstation but the industry.

People forget Activision has been around before Playstation before Nintendo.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Both parties are pathetic at play here.. All of these things should be discussed professionally and internally, not over the fucking internet cross-road that is twitter.

Activision being cry babies on twitter acting like children that Sony doesn't want to agree to anything
And Sony being like little kids crying over a candy that's not really even being taken away from them in the first place. Microsoft should just let CoD go, yeah its a big thing, but so is owning Blizzard and the other companies that come with Activision with it. CoD was a Microsoft thing back in the 360 days, they should of done something back then, but now its too late and they are trying too see what they can do to have it marketed it on their platform.

By Sony acting like this, they're essentially burning future bridges for any exclusive third party deals with Activision. They are just making it worse for themselves and painting themselves badly for the rest of the industry. Regardless of the outcome, this will be very interesting for the industry as a whole. Exciting and interesting times ahead for sure.
it amazes me how someone who brags about how he knows about the industry can write stupid shit like this XD

• haha