Alan Wake 2 - PlayStation 5 DF Tech Review - Remedy Raises The Bar Yet Again

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
even many non UE5 games run poorly on PC....
You must be talking about game releases that were unoptimized at launch. Many games this year that released on PC are now running optimally with the exception of some that still don't support DLSS FG (i.e. Callisto)

Reactions: ethomaz

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The aliasing and noisy reflections on the PS5 make me happy that I got this on PC. But both versions look like a proper next gen game thankfully.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
You must be talking about game releases that were unoptimized at launch. Many games this year that released on PC are now running optimally with the exception of some that still don't support DLSS FG (i.e. Callisto)
of course, most games don't stay unoptimized forever, but they shouldn't be releasing like that to begin with....

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Unreal Engine 5 happened.

It basically killed 60fps games in 99% of PCs.
What I think happened with UE5 is poor use of resources management.

Lumen's illumination still requires designer works, but it uses a lot of resources for accuracy, which is nowhere to be seen. Combined with accurate RT, basically hardwares killing.

Nanite's hardly improve draw distance and object LOD, something that better AO has solved long ago.

It's just improvement for sake of improvements

Reactions: ethomaz

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Can you list some? Unless it is very bugged at launch.

Last big one I saw was Baldur's Gate 3 and it runs pretty well.
A bunch of UE4 games ran poorly like Jedi Survivor and Hogwarts Legacy, but Unreal Engine aside there's Elden Ring, Wo Long, Forza Motorsport, TLOU Remake, Forspoken, Wild Hearts, Warhammer Darktide, Cities Skyline 2 just this week, you can even throw Starfield into the mix......and these are just the ones off the top of my head

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Well, that's the nature of development. As long as the game is fixed over a small period of time, we can declare PC iterations as the best way to play these games (assuming people have the money to shell out for a good build).
Releasing broken games is the nature of development? 😂😂

• haha
Reactions: SLB1904

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Was looking at videos of the game last night, the atmosphere is absolutely stunning.

• Shake
Reactions: Frozone

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
The main character in this game man

im back keanu reeves GIF

• haha
Reactions: Frozone