Alan Wake 2 reportedly runs at 840p60 FPs/1260p30FPS on the PS5 Pro (TLOUSPTII 1440p, Ratchet 1800p)

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
yeah it's really annoying.
Lazy devs just take the pc version of a game and slap "low and medium" on it. oh and let's make it 720p with fsr2 upscaling to 4k...
While fsr2 is so expensive, the game could have 10% higher base res without it and using some normal nice TAA....

yeah the pro aims to attack JUST THIS ISSUE which is exactly exactly exactly what I hoped for !
Yep, the development is getting broadstroke instead of hardware specific. No longer properly optimised for the closed box. But as we agree, pro is the solution. Can’t wait.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem and rofif

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Remedy games are low resolution since Alan Wake for the 360. But compensated adding 4x MSAA.

Only the 4090 can have high native pixel counts, playable frsmerates and full ray tracing settings/path tracing. Remaining hardware has to make concessions.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
The timing and description of the leak suggests that it would release sooner rather than later.

Playing PS4 games natively and PS5 games scaled down doesn't make sense in 2027 or 2028.

That's literally the Switch, Slightly above PS2 and below PS3. I think this could extend the longevity of PS4, but by now we should be able to see PS5 games running at base* 480-720p upscaled to 1080p with an ARM Snapdragon chip or an ARM AMD.

EDIT: Corrected.

Last edited:
Reactions: mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
That's literally the Switch, Slightly above PS2 and below PS3. I think this could extend the longevity of PS4, but by now we should be able to see PS5 games running at native 480-720p upscaled to 1080p with an ARM Snapdragon chip or an ARM AMD.

I mean if they're running at 480p they're not native, but I get your meaning.

The reason why I say it would run native PS4 games is because it means that nothing has to be done to get the games at least working on the unit. This allows devs to consider whether to do a patch for the PS5 games to work or focus on new games.

Hogwarts Legacy is a perfect example. You can just leave the PS4 version as is or you can patch down the PS5 version but that requires a bit more work.

Then there are the rare PS5 exclusive games.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
They don't actually have access to a PS5 Pro, they were just supplied video from. Mark Cerny that doesn't really paint a full picture.

Remedy's community manage has responded with comments regarding Alan Wakr 2 on PS5 Pro

I had to check Era during weekend Lol. Remedy's games and resolution discussion pops up every once in a while. Image quality matters more than resolution, not that I'm confirming anything.

We'll drop some details on the PS5 Pro version of Alan Wake 2 in the coming weeks with some assets too. I think the version will be a pleasant surprise, but hard to tell these days.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem and FatKaz

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
They don't actually have access to a PS5 Pro, they were just supplied video from. Mark Cerny that doesn't really paint a full picture.

Remedy's community manage has responded with comments regarding Alan Wakr 2 on PS5 Pro

Oh no! He posted on forum on Sunday! He only uses forum for work!
Fkn servers then right using era as shill forum. Aw2 was woke and they work with Sbi.
Anyway, sounds like he is already apologetic which means the upgrade sucks

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Alan Bore 2 was the worst industry circlejerk I have ever witnessed, good thing the consumers at least showed the trash its place. Multiplatform game can't even clear 70 million in euros in a year lmao.

Reactions: rofif and Bo_Hazem

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Alan Bore 2 was the worst industry circlejerk I have ever witnessed, good thing the consumers at least showed the trash its place. Multiplatform game can't even clear 70 million in euros in a year lmao.
Must mean, SP games are dead... How is that for argument?
🤭

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem