Alex Donaldson from RPGSite/VG247 says developers at Gamescom are absolutely slamming XSS off the record

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Bout time, that thing never belonged as a part of this generation...

The fanboys capped for it and pointed to the CPU but the GPU is really what the console depends on most and S is decidedly last gen there.

Plus the memory is a disgrace.

Should be added to last gen sales numbers (Xbone) and deducted from this gen sales numbers.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Whatever executive thought the XSS was a good idea, needs to be fired

Reactions: JAHGamer

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I cant blame them, the Series S was underpowerd even when it was initially released.

But Xbox desire to make The Game Pass and Series S more accessible to people worldwide is more appealing to them than making things easier for development.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
It's not surprising that some devs are crying about the Series S... there's games running at sub 1080p on PS5 and Series X targeting 60fps :LOL:

Maybe they need to start optimizing their shit better.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's not surprising that some devs are crying about the Series S... there's games running at sub 1080p on PS5 and Series X targeting 60fps :LOL:

I agree that Devs need to optimise much better, especially when you have 1080p games on new hardware that should run much better (just look at ratchet and Spiderman on the PS5).

However, no amount of optimisation will make the series s a good console, and one that can have "feature parity" with the series X and the PS5. It simply lacks the ram and the bandwidth to do anything better than last gen.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

At this point it's no longer funny. Another one for the block list. I really did try because resistance on a forum is good. But this is just pathetic. back to colt's echo chamber with you.

Also, careful now. By asking for better optimization, you're directly criticizing Xbox studios as their game have issues with the Series S as well. Won't look good on your ambassador record. They have a zero tolerance policy on criticism. Wouldn't want you to lose out on that occasion free month of GP now, would we.