AMD can't win against NVidia in the PC space, so they should stop making discrete GPU's

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Still for the same price AMD is extremelly competitive, but most people lile you will just go with Nvidia no matter what.

It's just like with Intel, AMD had to completelly crush them to get recognition, but against NVidia iit'sgoing to be hard to ever pull that off.

Yeah, I never quite understood why the RX 470/480/570/580/590 werent crushing pascal equivalent cards. At the very least they should have been as popular as the 1060.

When you look at the most popular cards in steam survey you typically could find stinkers like the 1650, 1060 3 GB, 1030 and no equivalent AMD cards to be seen.

It has to be the AMD bad driver myth. Nvidia is the one with CPU overhead now.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Yeah, I never quite understood why the RX 470/480/570/580/590 werent crushing pascal equivalent cards. At the very least they should have been as popular as the 1060.

When you look at the most popular cards in steam survey you typically could find stinkers like the 1650, 1060 3 GB, 1030 and no equivalent AMD cards to be seen.

It has to be the AMD bad driver myth. Nvidia is the one with CPU overhead now.
It's undoubtedly the driver myth which has severely hampered their business for years and hasn't been a problem iin what feels like almost two decades

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Still for the same price AMD is extremelly competitive, but most people lile you will just go with Nvidia no matter what.

If AMD was the one with DLSS and frame gen you would be going with Nvidia anyway and finding some other excuse to do it.

Years ago it was PhysX, 3D vision, claims that AMD had inferior drivers or some other thing.

I got my first Nvidia gpu in many years recently and I'm surprised by how much better Adrenaline is to whatever that Nvidia panel is.

It's just like with Intel, AMD had to completelly crush them to get recognition, but against NVidia iit'sgoing to be hard to ever pull that off.
Not at all. If AMD got better then Nvidia at making gpus then i would switch. But thats not the case. Nvidia are wizards when making gpus. They're the 3rd most valuable company in the world for a reason.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Not at all. If AMD got better then Nvidia at making gpus then i would switch. But thats not the case. Nvidia are wizards when making gpus. They're the 3rd most valuable company in the world for a reason.

Wizards don't release anemic trash like the 3050 in 2024. If they were wizards, they would have come with a GPU that runs circles over the 2070 super for the sub 180 USD market by now. It should be in their best interest to make cheap console killer builds a thing again as they are not in bed with MS/Sony like AMD.

The entry level GPU market is stagnant since 2019. There's lots of folks with perfectly capable builds that are waiting for a new disruptive GPU on that segment.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Wizards don't release anemic trash like the 3050 in 2024. If they were wizards, they would have come with a GPU that runs circles over the 2070 super for the sub 180 USD market by now. It should be in their best interest to make cheap console killer builds a thing again as they are not in bed with MS/Sony like AMD.

The entry level market is stagnant since 2019.
4090 and 4080 clears anything AMD. Nivida is the THIRD most valuable company in the WORLD. And it's because of their gpus and chips. Wizards.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well if that was the biggest issue then they should had left the GPU market decades ago.
Since when they brought Radeon.

Because only when Radeon was not owned by AMD they were beating nVidia in GPU tech.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
4090 and 4080 clears anything AMD. Nivida is the THIRD most valuable company in the WORLD. And it's because of their gpus and chips. Wizards.
So you have a RTX 4090?

I have a 4060, hardly any difrence between that and a 7600 in practice.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
You should upgrade to a 4090 if it is as good as you say. Support the brand.
nah 4080 is good enough for me. I bought it when it came out. upgraded from a 1080 ti. Massive increase in performance. I'll upgrade it when the 6000 series comes out. I always skip 1 generation.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
nah 4080 is good enough for me. I bought it when it came out. upgraded from a 1080 ti. Massive increase in performance. I'll upgrade it when the 6000 series comes out. I always skip 1 generation.
You skiped two gens, your letting the wizards down.

How did you survive so long without DLSS, RT and frame generarion?

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
You skiped two gens, your letting the wizards down.

How did you survive so long without DLSS, RT and frame generarion?
1080 ti was a beast of a card and was on par with a 2070 super. That's why I didn't upgrade.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's dumb af. AMD's top card is as strong as the 2nd strongest card in the nvidia lineup and is cheaper to boot. Pretending AMD can't be competitive in the GPU space is complete nonsense; they're just suffering from having a few years in the mid-2010s where they almost went bankrupt and couldn't put much money into R&D. Now with nvidia leaning towards servicing enterprise and business level clients with AI compute on their GPUs, gamers are being left behind. Both Intel and AMD have an opportunity to fill that void with well-priced offerings. Also, DLSS isn't magic. Intel got close with XESS on their first try, for some reason AMD is just being stubborn and refusing not to do things that aren't open source/take advantage of their own hardware. As soon as they do they can catch up in a reasonable time frame.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
That's dumb af. AMD's top card is as strong as the 2nd strongest card in the nvidia lineup and is cheaper to boot. Pretending AMD can't be competitive in the GPU space is complete nonsense; they're just suffering from having a few years in the mid-2010s where they almost went bankrupt and couldn't put much money into R&D. Now with nvidia leaning towards servicing enterprise and business level clients with AI compute on their GPUs, gamers are being left behind. Both Intel and AMD have an opportunity to fill that void with well-priced offerings. Also, DLSS isn't magic. Intel got close with XESS on their first try, for some reason AMD is just being stubborn and refusing not to do things that aren't open source/take advantage of their own hardware. As soon as they do they can catch up in a reasonable time frame.
Just seen Satya tweet they're 'extending their partnership with Nvidia' dunno what that means but I'm sure it's not good for Nvidia competitors

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Just seen Satya tweet they're 'extending their partnership with Nvidia' dunno what that means but I'm sure it's not good for Nvidia competitors
microsoft partners with everyone. they're such a large corporation, they even partner with sony in stuff. they have a partnership with intel and amd (probably multiple projects) as well.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Company valuation has as much to do with revenue and innovation as it has with feelings. Just look at Tesla before quoting "muh market cap".

And Nvidia is not getting this valuation because of their GPUs, but you know that, you just decided to come back from a ban and keep trolling around.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Company valuation has as much to do with revenue and innovation as it has with feelings. Just look at Tesla before quoting "muh market cap".

And Nvidia is not getting this valuation because of their GPUs, but you know that, you just decided to come back from a ban and keep trolling around.
They're the third most valuable company in the world via market cap. Keep coping.

Yes their ai chips and gpus. They also just announced their next ai gpus.

Also I was never banned.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
1080ti was a friggin unicorn of a GPU that beast will hold it own until the ps6 releases.
I heard it can run Minesweeper 3000 by then.

Truly a beast.
They're the third most valuable company in the world via market cap. Keep coping.

Yes their ai chips and gpus. They also just announced their next ai gpus.

Also I was never banned.

You know how market cap and IPO work right?

They sold A amount of shares for B value. They will hold that amount and pay dividend by shares.

If they screwed up market price shares will plummet overnight and they would have to buy back by that exact amounts or they will lose control. Those money are not on paper assets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satoru