AMD can't win against NVidia in the PC space, so they should stop making discrete GPU's

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They're the third most valuable company in the world via market cap. Keep coping.

Yes their ai chips and gpus. They also just announced their next ai gpus.

Also I was never banned.
Why would I have to cope with any company being valued highly or not? Seek treatment, please. That's early onset schizophrenia.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I heard it can run Minesweeper 3000 by then.

Truly a beast.

You know how market cap and IPO work right?

They sold A amount of shares for B value. They will hold that amount and pay dividend by shares.

If they screwed up market price shares will plummet overnight and they would have to buy back by that exact amounts or they will lose control. Those money are not on paper assets.
And stock value nowadays is mostly driven by feelings and not by actual value. People need to look no further than tesla.

Reactions: Entropi

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
4090 and 4080 clears anything AMD. Nivida is the THIRD most valuable company in the WORLD. And it's because of their gpus and chips. Wizards.
The 4080 clears the 7900 XTX in Ray tracing alone, they're basically even matched in raster renders.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
The 4080 clears the 7900 XTX in Ray tracing alone, they're basically even matched in raster renders.
I am Joe...

Hey Joe... Me Joe too mate...

I like blueberry.

Yea yea Joe like blueberry too mate...

Lol can you get a bit less obvious lol.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
One other thing that Bryan isn't really understanding is that while these consoles may be using custom APU's the underlying framework which is driving the GPU portion of the chip is pulled from their discreet GPU development pipeline.

I did leave the possibility of making far less cards and charging more, so it would improve their margins..

But that might not make sense either depending on how many they have to produce to cover their R&D & other investments in fabrication. It's complicated enough...

But pushing for the health of their console business is very much in their interest.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
4080 also has frame generation and DLSS 3. So it edges it out. Also it's slightly faster.
And the 7900 XTX has FSR3 and frame generation itself... Those aren't native throughput but that's neither here nor there.

The latter point is also completely incorrect. The 4080 Super isn't even reaching its capability.

Screenshot-20240318-192125-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240318-192133-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240318-192148-Chrome.jpg

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
And the 7900 XTX has FSR3 and frame generation itself... Those aren't native throughput but that's neither here nor there.

The latter point is also completely incorrect. The 4080 Super isn't even reaching its capability.

Screenshot-20240318-192125-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240318-192133-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240318-192148-Chrome.jpg
so its a little faster but the 4080 has better tech.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I did leave the possibility of making far less cards and charging more, so it would improve their margins..

But that might not make sense either depending on how many they have to produce to cover their R&D & other investments in fabrication. It's complicated enough...

But pushing for the health of their console business is very much in their interest.
Well AMD does not actually make much cards.

They make chips, suggest price and design initial design PCB blueprint, in their "founder" consumer version.

OEM manufacture most those consumer cards with suggested memories, fans, and PCB. That is why graphics cards price inflated so much since OEM need to make profits.

Those chip could be bundled in APUs, customers like can modify the packages. Well Navi or Polaris is the name for consumer lineup, and RDNA or GCN is the name for chip architecturs.

• Informative
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Well AMD does not actually make much cards.

They make chips, suggest price and design initial design PCB blueprint, in their "founder" consumer version.

OEM manufacture most those consumer cards with suggested memories, fans, and PCB. That is why graphics cards price inflated so much since OEM need to make profits.

Those chip could be bundled in APUs, customers like can modify the packages. Well Navi or Polaris is the name for consumer lineup, and RDNA or GCN is the name for chip architecturs.
OEMs still have to design in accordance to guidelines set by the manufacturers like AMD and nvidia, nvidia allows very little control by OEMs, and AMD is starting to creep towards that too (although nowhere near as controlling)

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
OEMs still have to design in accordance to guidelines set by the manufacturers like AMD and nvidia, nvidia allows very little control by OEMs, and AMD is starting to creep towards that too (although nowhere near as controlling)
what gpu u got?

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
its a little faster but 4080 has better tech. So i will give it to the 4080.
The thing you're missing here is you're not in control of what is what. The 7900 XTX is a more powerful GPU than the 4080 and 4080 Super at rasterization workloads.

Rasterization is still the primary method of rendering in 9/10+ games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Well duh. If they clocked the 4060 a bit higher, using 8-pin instead of 6-pin, who gonna buy 4060Ti?

Also the dude running userbenchmark got a deep hatred for AMD. Quite funny to see, especially for CPUs side.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
The thing you're missing here is you're not in control of what is what. The 7900 XTX is a more powerful GPU than the 4080 and 4080 Super at rasterization workloads.

Rasterization is still the primary method of rendering in 9/10+ games.
i already said its a little faster. im still picking the 4080 over that card for the better features.