Angela design reportedly won't be changed in the final verison of Silent Hill 2 despite negative internet reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Yesterday brought a terrifying new Silent Hill 2 remake trailer during the PlayStation State of Play showcase, unveiling an October 8 release date. Outside of the release date, combat, and protagonist James Sunderland, the trailer also gave us a new look at returning characters Angela and Maria.

You can see Maria's redesigned look just below, the first character that James meets during the new trailer:

MiMwxscRfhFZC8tZv4Qewf-970-80.jpg.webp

According to Klein Harvey, a horror content creator with contacts on Bloober Team, Konami, he reports that a Bloober Team representative confirmed this is the final version of Angela

they-wont-be-changing-angelas-design-the-one-from-the-v0-S14dawoyhlfbhqGjFFrTGAyEvgk1uwIgG-yzBxxFbA4.png

As for why the character of Angela was redesigned from the original game, Mangalawyer speculates it’s due to the influence of game consultancy Hit Detection. He posted on X,

“Bloober Team has hired Sweet Baby Inc 2.0 (Hit detection) a sensitive consulting company, for Silent Hill 2 Remake + ESG Konami. Ever wonder why Maria looks so sanitized? Not spoiling the game, but it’s over, bros. Pack your things. When they said modern audience, they mean it.”

Information via Gamesradar and Dark Place

• angry
Reactions: 2spooky5me

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Seriously?
Am i the only one that thinks she looks like a girl now?
silent_hill_2_angela.jpg

She looks like a dude in the old game.
Every game will have bad angles.
I think she looks more appropriate in the remake since she's supposed to be 19, and in the OG she looks like she's 30. I understand why people would be upset that her looks changed, but don't understand any of the woke accusations

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Seriously?
silent_hill_2_angela.jpg

Should be compared to original game cgi. Not game model.
They had only to recreate characters from the iconic pre-rendered scenes. Not change them. They had it all on a plate

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Was wondering when the next fake outrage will come.

There's more to the game than her face :ROFLMAO:
Exactly who cares? Literally she just look like a normal person. In fact no one looks like some top model in the game. They look depressed

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I don't know if woke or not.but it looks subpar technically and artistically

Team Silent where the Naugthy Dog of their time. Boober team is doing a huge disservice to the legacy and significance of the game.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Exactly who cares? Literally she just look like a normal person. In fact no one looks like some top model in the game. They look depressed
All of the faces just look stupid though. It's not about being ugly. And Angela's dialogue was also really poorly delivered, and seemingly changed for the worse (including a small point that is actually important to the story, but would have to wait to see the final). Nothing about the remake looks good IMO.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
All of the faces just look stupid though. It's not about being ugly. And Angela's dialogue was also really poorly delivered, and seemingly changed for the worse (including a small point that is actually important to the story, but would have to wait to see the final). Nothing about the remake looks good IMO.
I’m gonna go blind and bet is the nostalgia talking. Silent hill games were like resident evil games with stupid dialogue and somehow I doubt it got worst. Anyway the gameplay looked absolutely fantastic better than these cinematics anyway

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: xollowsob

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I don't know about woke but she looks like she was on a hamburger diet prior to arriving in silent hill :ROFLMAO: . This is would have hardly mattered if the game was looking good, but this is a pooper team game + looks low budget effort with poor animations. So people will start to nit pick things like fat angela, If they had put a hot maria front and centre of the promotions people would give them more leeway.

Now they have to go to launch with the double whammy of being a bloober production + woke accusations LMAO. These companies make it harder for themselves when it is frankly unnecessary.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Whatever that logo is under “Our partners” and Remedy is the Ped* logo isn’t it? The triangle spiral thing?

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
If this is the worst thing Bloober do to Silent Hill 2, I'd preorder this. This feels like the Aloy outrage playbook being used. Genuine question, would there be the same outrage if Silent Hill 2 was shown on an Xbox show? There never seems to be any of these pathetic complaints after their shows. I wonder why? 🤔

However I don't trust Bloober as they are a mid developer and I expect them to fumble Silent Hill 2 hard. I don't think they understand the Maria/Mary situation based on what they've shown of Maria and the character model

Reactions: Dabaus

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Bullshit baffles brains.
If they've changed this one thing, what else have they changed, and why?

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Seriously?
silent_hill_2_angela.jpg

All of the complainers didnt even play the game.

50% of them are people who just watched hours of video essays about pyramid head and trash on bloober becouse It's cool to trash on Bloober as of recent.
And the other 50% are internet activist who pretend to care about video games, but truely just drive fake outrage to print money off Twitter's traffic and donations to fight the boogeyman ghost.
It's Stellar Blade all over again. All of these internet activist later admited that they did not even plan to play the game, nor even own a PS5!

Status
Not open for further replies.