Angela design reportedly won't be changed in the final verison of Silent Hill 2 despite negative internet reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Conspiracy theories aside, isn't it bad enough that Bloober Team is the developer of this game?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
All of the complainers didnt even play the game.

50% of them are people who just watched hours of video essays about pyramid head and trash on bloober becouse It's cool to trash on Bloober as of recent.
And the other 50% are internet activist who pretend to care about video games, but truely just drive fake outrage to print money off Twitter's traffic and donations to fight the boogeyman ghost.
It's Stellar Blade all over again. All of these internet activist later admited that they did not even plan to play the game, nor even own a PS5!
Having a fear that Bloober will taint Silent Hill 2 is a legitimate fear. They are mid developers and Silent Hill 2 is definitely not mid. If Bloober got a new Silent Hill sequel to make, I'd be disappointed but not as harsh as remaking one of the best games ever made.

I give zero shits about the Angela redesign, but I think Bloober didn't understand anything about Maria as they totally toned down her clothing. That is part of the overall schtick for her. That's why Bloober are shite.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
All of the complainers didnt even play the game.

50% of them are people who just watched hours of video essays about pyramid head and trash on bloober becouse It's cool to trash on Bloober as of recent.
And the other 50% are internet activist who pretend to care about video games, but truely just drive fake outrage to print money off Twitter's traffic and donations to fight the boogeyman ghost.
It's Stellar Blade all over again. All of these internet activist later admited that they did not even plan to play the game, nor even own a PS5!
what?
The 2024 in-game characters look way worse than cgi made by 1 japanese guy 23 years ago....
There was so much room to improve on the original character design based on cgi and art. But they just ruined it all.
The models not only look bad for 2024, the bigger problem is that the models throw away iconic designs.

It's like if you remade duke nukem and made his muscles way smaller

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and 2spooky5me

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Also, They know how to make very good characters in The Medium.
so this is clearly a design choice and not lack of technical skill.
Bloober is extremely competent technically

• thinking_hard
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Zo6Qa62.png

why couldn't they make her look like this? too sexualized?

instead she just looks weird.

not to mention that the facial animations of all characters are really terrible.

UmY44zi.png

This is fucking nightmare fuel. Remakes should be improvements, not downgrades.

Last edited:

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Also, They know how to make very good characters in The Medium.
so this is clearly a design choice and not lack of technical skill.
Bloober is extremely competent technically
one look at the facial animations in this trailer should put an end to that talk from anyone with eyes and a brain

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It really aint that bad folks

Screenshot_20240601-171630.jpg Screenshot_20240601-171718.jpg

Other than bloober not making good faces in general it's clear that people are just choosing bad angles to push an agenda.

Her boobs are pretty fucked up tho, saggy tits fr

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I like the leaves falling off the trees & flailing on the floor I think that's really cool
I think the art direction, the density of the fog and the environment is on point.

outside the drama of Angela's face, I don't see any ambition in terms of gameplay and mechanics.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I think the art direction, the density of the fog and the environment is on point.

outside the drama of Angela's face, I don't see any ambition in terms of gameplay and mechanics.
Doesn't really need to be ambitious along as it fun , I love the resident evil remake & it looks like that in terms of gameplay which is exactly what I wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.