Angela design reportedly won't be changed in the final verison of Silent Hill 2 despite negative internet reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
seriously though.

which version looks better?

NOXsT6u.png
I'm guessing you never played Silent Hill 2?
If you have then
why do you give a shit about how a victim of incest rape looks like?

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
I'm guessing you never played Silent Hill 2?
If you have then
why do you give a shit about how a victim of incest rape looks like?
I care about how character models look and how their animation looks.

It's not just that character, and it's not about some kind of sexual attraction. I want a remake to look better on a technical level that the game it's based on. Crazy idea, right? But yeah nice gotcha.
Who gives a fuck what she looks like
Remakes should look better on a technical and artistic level than the games they are based on. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp? These models look embarrassingly terrible and they animate even worse.

Again, this isn't some "I can't fap to this" nonsense, no matter how badly some of you want to mischaracterize my argument to be that. The character models in this game just look absolutely horrible and are not up to modern standards for character models in video games.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I care about how character models look and how their animation looks.

It's not just that character, and it's not about some kind of sexual attraction. I want a remake to look better on a technical level that the game it's based on. Crazy idea, right? But yeah nice gotcha.

Remakes should look better on a technical and artistic level than the games they are based on. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp? These models look embarrassingly terrible and they animate even worse.

Again, this isn't some "I can't fap to this" nonsense, no matter how badly some of you want to mischaracterize my argument to be that. The character models in this game just look absolutely horrible and are not up to modern standards for character models in video games.
it's bloober team, that's how their characters look
go tell them to make their artists take a class on face proportions or something

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The one on the left is an art work. In game she looks like a crackhead
It's a remake. We are talking about ideal version of the game.
It's a remake to a 20 years old game. All that fans wanted was to finally make it LOOK LIKE ARTWORK AND CGI of original game

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
It's a remake. We are talking about ideal version of the game.
It's a remake to a 20 years old game. All that fans wanted was to finally make it LOOK LIKE ARTWORK AND CGI of original game
The dude doesn’t look like him either. Just just look avarage. Do you just throw hands every time a character doesn’t look bangable?

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The dude doesn’t look like him either. Just just look avarage. Do you just throw hands every time a character doesn’t look bangable?
my point totally flew by you. didn't even scrape you lol

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
It really aint that bad folks

View attachment 5176View attachment 5177

Other than bloober not making good faces in general it's clear that people are just choosing bad angles to push an agenda.

Her boobs are pretty fucked up tho, saggy tits fr
Nothing wrong with this. Hell she actually looks like a collegue of mine but she's a blonde.

Not all characters have to be beautiful. At least she doesn't have purple hair, 500 piercings and a pet Iguana......

This is fine.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Main issue is the original’s graphics are what help make it unnerving.

Still buying to support the genre. Hopefully Konami doesn’t snooze the franchise moving forward due to low sales.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Main issue is the original’s graphics are what help make it unnerving.

Still buying to support the genre. Hopefully Konami doesn’t snooze the franchise moving forward due to low sales.

Isn’t this remake a Sony partnership? I’m guessing expectations and budgets were in check. It’s not Resident Evil so doubt they’re expecting too much. 2 - 3million LTD would probably be reasonable and optimistic.

Same kind of goes for Until Dawn. These games probably aren’t expected to be heavy hitters but they’re needed for a diverse library.

• brain
Reactions: BroodCorp

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
my point totally flew by you. didn't even scrape you lol
no it didn’t. Resident evil ramake has the same changes. Not of them look even remotely the same as the older games but there isn’t no outrage. I wonder why

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
no it didn’t. Resident evil ramake has the same changes. Not of them look even remotely the same as the older games but there isn’t no outrage. I wonder why

Capcom designs most if not all of their characters as sexy and good looking. And most are pretty decent recreations of older designs too. That monster hunter trailer hit you with like 3 waifus within the first seconds 🤣

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Character can be good or bad looking without attaching it to sexiness

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
In motion she honestly looks fine. The character models in here in general look kinda off but there’s really nothing so egregious about her face to warrant this kinda backlash. I thought James looked weird initially but he animates quite well.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
In motion she honestly looks fine. The character models in here in general look kinda off but there’s really nothing so egregious about her face to warrant this kinda backlash. I thought James looked weird initially but he animates quite well.
This pretty much sums up how I feel.

I worry if for the rest of this gen and maybe all of next gen we are going to be going thru gamers cherry picking bad angles of every game character out there to complain about how someone looks

Reactions: Ico
Status
Not open for further replies.