Another PC flop: Until Dawn underperforms on Steam with 2.5k CCU at launch. Hermen flees the country

Is Sony going to recoup the total cost of the project with the PC sales?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Gabe and Phil are smiling as Sony kills itself

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024
It's a totally new game for PC. Day 1, not an old port. We have to stop making excuses.

So what? I'm talking about the budget of this project from Ballistic Moon. The same way Silent Hill 2 from Bloober is a separate project with his own goals for Konami.
No we ARE going to be smart about this, no one gives a fuck if its new to PC, no one wanted this remake and the port's quality is dogshit, they changed several things that didn't need to be changed. Have you even SEEN the menus and all the unnecessary changes? The original is 100x better regarding the UI, and atmosphere.

How the fuck are they going to add ray tracing (said by themselves) and the setting does NOTHING. 🤣 it's broken.

Sony needs better QA on these things and they should stop wasting time, as @John Elden Ring said, people want Resistance, Killzone, Bloodborne, and Infamous remakes.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
As of now Until Dawn is:
  • Top 17 in best selling
    • (Top 11 in best selling if only counting paid games)
  • Top 4 in trending games
  • Top 6 in popular releases.

image.png
image.png

image.png

It's too early and CCUs aren't reliable to estimate sales, but in any case if you're curious these are the CCU peaks for Sony's games on Steam including those published by other labels (if I don't forget anything):
  1. Helldivers II 458,709
  2. Destiny 2 316,750
  3. GoT 77,154
  4. GoW 73,529
  5. Spider-Man 66,436
  6. HZD 56,557
  7. HFW 40,462
  8. TLOU 36,496
  9. GoWR 35,615
  10. Days Gone 27,450
  11. Spider-Man Morales 13,539
  12. Uncharted 10,851
  13. Ratchet 8,757
  14. Detroit: Become Human 8,222
  15. Helldivers 1 6,744
  16. Returnal 6,691
  17. Death Stranding 6,093
  18. Journey 3,313
  19. Until Dawn 2,572
  20. Guns up! 2,277
  21. Predator Hunting Ground 1,504
  22. Beyond: Two Souls 1,246
  23. Concord 697
  24. Heavy Rain 747
  25. Sackboy 610
  26. Flower 193
  27. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture 191
  28. Unfinished Swan 121
  29. Hohokum 24 (this is vert sad, this game is awesome)

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I used to lean more towards the anti woke side and followed guys like Endymion and Grummz.

Truth is, they're just as repetitive and annoying as these they/them idiots.

Both sides are just trying to force their crap on everybody.

It's like fascists vs communists.
Main reason I like to keep politics to a minimum as much as possible.

It's easy to fall into these traps and lose sight of the enjoyment of gaming.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I used to lean more towards the anti woke side and followed guys like Endymion and Grummz.

Woke vs anti woke is just politics for people too dumb to understand politics

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Exactly.

I tried to say it here but people can’t understand.

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
As of now Until Dawn is:
  • Top 17 in best selling
    • (Top 11 in best selling if only counting paid games)
  • Top 4 in trending games
  • Top 6 in popular releases.

image.png
image.png

image.png
Don't start with your pollution here too. Even if it's number 1 in Zimbabwe the peak is still 2.5k and that's not gonna change. Realm of Ink and Liar's Bar are selling more.

55% rating. Less than 50k copies sold worldwide. These are the facts. It's a total loss.

Top worst port. Top laughingstock. Top most useless. Top review-bombed. Top ugly. I have lots of tops if you want.

No we ARE going to be smart about this, no one gives a fuck if its new to PC, no one wanted this remake and the port's quality is dogshit, they changed several things that didn't need to be changed. Have you even SEEN the menus and all the unnecessary changes? The original is 100x better regarding the UI, and atmosphere.

How the fuck are they going to add ray tracing (said by themselves) and the setting does NOTHING. 🤣 it's broken.

Sony needs better QA on these things and they should stop wasting time, as @John Elden Ring said, people want Resistance, Killzone, Bloodborne, and Infamous remakes.
On one hand you pride yourself that PC is so diverse all games are welcome and then you're the first to let us know PC gamers have no interest in these games 🤡

Why would care if something changed if you never had access to the game before? Oh no the lighting on PS4 was more blue 🥴

Why is Sony wasting so much energy with these ungrateful cunts that's what I wonder 🤔

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Lets not blame Sony's incompetence on the DEI detected or other curators, I have heard people say they don't matter and have no power over the common players. The devs brought culture warring into the picture with their asinine tweets so dont blame people for playing the same game as them.

This should be squarely blamed on SIE trying to make a mediocre IP a thing with a movie/tv show, They abandoned Japan to whore themselves out to peak western degeneracy with the San Mateo losers gaining decision making control. Karma will come knocking for abandoning their own roots, its hilarious that they made themselves irrelevant in a highly nationalistic market such as Japan lol

This is the same company that thinks Concord and Fairgame$ are the next big things, they are cooked and what we are going to see is a death by a thousand cuts. I would suggest we just enjoy the ride and see SIE of America bring about the downfall of the brand within one and a half generations.

Next stop the Borizon games on 31st Oct and 14th Nov

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Remaking game from early 2000's like silent hill 2 make sense

Remaking game from 2016 does not

Not to mention the quality is poorer than the original game

Also people are start to get bored with remake/ remasters

The intern at sony need fresh new ideas to bring new game instead of milking the same op over and over again

Recently we got the last of us remaster, horizon zero dawn remaster, until dawn remaster all these game are way too recent to be remastered

People began to questioned are the sony intern is curently being creative bankrupt what people need is fresh new game for ps5 owner

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Butchered the OST, lighting, character design and changed the semi fixed camera sections for the tired one size fits all over the shoulder camera...

This is a Twin Snakes level remake. This game needed nothing more than a port of the orginal and free patches for PS5 pro at most.

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024
On one hand you pride yourself that PC is so diverse all games are welcome and then you're the first to let us know PC gamers have no interest in these games 🤡

Why would care if something changed if you never had access to the game before? Oh no the lighting on PS4 was more blue 🥴

Why is Sony wasting so much energy with these ungrateful cunts that's what I wonder 🤔
mate these games do not do well on PC, even the Casting of Frank Stone, which is basically the same thing, didn't do that well. I will always let you know Sony is dropping the ball on what they're porting, they don't listen to the audience and proceed to do things no one asked for, even on the PS side, who the hell was asking for a REMAKE of Until Dawn???

Stay mad about the truth, I know you're mad because you're calling people cunts for zero reason. "Ungrateful" is insane, why are you acting as if they are royalty?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Butchered the OST, lighting, character design and changed the semi fixed camera sections for the tired one size fits all over the shoulder camera...

This is a Twin Snakes level remake. This game needed nothing more than a port of the orginal and free patches for PS5 pro at most.
Again, why would you care about any of that? This is a total new experience for you on Gabe's brothel. Until Dawn is not some untouchable classic like Metal Gear. It's an interactive movie.

The OST lol who is even the composer? Does anyone care 🤡