Another PC flop: Until Dawn underperforms on Steam with 2.5k CCU at launch. Hermen flees the country

Is Sony going to recoup the total cost of the project with the PC sales?

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Gabe and Phil are smiling as Sony kills itself

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Who the fuck though that it's worth 60$ to downgrade from amazing decima to fucking unreal.
Seriously, the game looked amazing and now it looks like an unreal engine game. Original even is 60fps on ps5.

And what's funny is that every streamer that exists plays this new remake on steam. They spent A TON on marketing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Gabe is laughing at both Xbox & PS slowly killing the selves & making Valve/Steam the defacto platform & storefront to access & play games

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
The verdict is in and it's not looking good for Until Dawn on PC 😬

The peak is only 2,541 and number 22 on Steam😬

It's also getting review-bombed with a rating of 58.42% 😬

Below 3k for a Day 1 AAA is a massive underperformance but for Sony this is one of the biggest flops. Worse than Ratchet (8,757), Returnal (6,691) and Uncharted (10,851). Even Hellblade 2 got 3,982.

What's particular with Until Dawn is that it's Day 1 on PC so the whole budget needs to be recouped on that version according to our experts Yuri and Mibu. There's no PS lifeboat in this case.

What's next for Hermen? Where is he hiding as his studios and IPs are sinking into irrelevancy and laughing material?

Stats for similar games by Supermassive:
What a disaster under 3K for a ground up remake using unreal engine is a mega flop holy hell this thing doing worse then concord. I don’t see console or PC players getting this game especially for $60.

Also who at Sony/PS thought remaking this game & making an Until Dawn 2 was smart? No one cares about until dawn, until dawn was one of those games on console that was a hit on console as a streamer game & it being exclusive to PS allowed the viral aspect of streamers/youtubers making videos of a pretty good “cinematic” game promoting & selling PS consoles. But with this remake it’s not exclusive so it’s not even selling PS consoles & at the very least if it was exclusive PS fans would champion a decent to ok remake (if it was $40 or if it had $10 upgrade)

Until dawn 2 will fail & I would be surprised if it was day one on PC since PS & Herman leadership are only worry about the short term & are already seeing another failure w Until Dawn 2. Btw that Until dawn movie will fail who tf gonna go to theaters to watch that? Until Dawn would be better as a tv show.

Bungie imploded causing Sony to loose money

Firewalks imploded supposed Herman baby w concord

Firesprite will also implode w Until dawn, likely day n date causing more damages to the PS platform & storefront

Haven will implode w Fairgames that game is already in the eyes of grifters ready to see the ccu in steam & continue the “PS live service initiative has failed wasting billions” etc etc

What else

Naughty Dog TLOU online cancel
Twisted Metal online cancel (tv show was amazing showing potential in the ip)
Continue to ignore Killzone, Socom, Warhawk, inFAMOUS, Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, Ape Eacape, Gravity Rush etc

Oh no naming Gravity Rush that suppose remake will fail on PC & because it will likely be day 1 on PC PS gamers won’t co sign.

Freedom wars day n date on PC wil be a mega flop those type of niche japanese games don’t do good on PC, should’ve been a exclusive game brought back & revive to see if a freedom wars 2 would do well on PS it could’ve even been a hybrid live service anime style “monster hunter” type game

What a disaster how is Herman ceo & how did he get a promotion with all of these failures, a waste of time & resources & damaging the PS brand, platform/hardware & storefront. N

Oh I forgot the completely lack of investment in VR. What was the point in making PSVR2 if you knew you wouldn’t support w first party? Just wasting more time & resource (I think long term investing in VR is smart don’t wana give that whole market to Meta & one day could be the way access the internet similar to phone but through glasses)

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Another bad PC port
How did that day n date work out?

It being Ps exclusive would’ve brought more hype, less negative, less fiasco w PC players/woke grifters & cut numbers wouldn’t be public so this game could’ve slid of as a cheap remake w a $10 upgrade for existing owners.

Personally in general I wouldn’t even green lighted this remake a the sequel like the first game was a niche hit that sold well but in a time where PS games weren’t on PC + live service games weren’t that massive like they are now in the market.

Until dawn remake should’ve been a remake w $10 upgrades & PSVR2 players could play the game in VR giving more reason for existing players to replay it & new players to cough up the $40-$50 (the game should’ve never been $60 that’s insane for a niche no name game that no one asked for also poor advertising.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Yooo wtf? Just peeped some comparison shots.
Jesus Christ Chris shooting the gun the entire time of day lighting has changed, and Id argue with it the... Tone/atmosphere of that scene?

#ReleaseTheSnyderCut Justice Leauge type whiplash on those scene lighting changes.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
How this game is a flop when it was huge success almost 10 years ago? :D
Timing, the original game release in 2015 where live service , PC weren’t huge & these type of games where huge in the let’s play YouTube era. Also it was exclusive & was one of the better exclusive on PS that year. Also I’m guessing the original game was not $60 & likes around $40.

No one is asking for until dawn now. It has a niche fanbase & that fanbase is certainly not on PC. Until dawn 2 will be a mega flop, again no one especially PS gamers are asking for a Until Dawn 2. $60 for a game like this is insane poor pricing choice this remake should’ve been a $10 upgrade w maybe PSVR2 compatibility at most this remake should’ve been $30-$40 max & until dawn 2 will have to be $40 to have any chance. Also that Until dawn movie is gonna flop unless it’s a extremely cheap movie w a budget of 5-10 million & 10 million is stretching I don’t see who Sony/PS think will watch that movie. This would be a better tv show then movie imo

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
2.5k CCU means how many sales at full price?
That is the only way to have a ideia if the game payed it development costs & marketing or not.
Likely worse then concord since concord was $40 & this game is $60.

Given this remake is likely more leaning to PC since PC gamers haven gotten this game I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s worse on PS (PS gamers likely waiting for Silent Hill 2)

I’d guess 10K max maybe pushing 15k on both platforms either way it’s a mega flop & wont recoup if anything it’s likely loosing a fuck ton of money. This game been in development for what 4-5 years? It’s a full remake using unreal engine 5 with many changes (that people aren’t liking) & the PC version seems to be buggy/having bad performance + the anti woke/dei detected people going after the game

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
30-40 million Until Dawn remake that hardly sells 1 million copies = nice investment, big success
30-40 million jrpg/rpg that will probably sell 1-2 million copies = waste of time, failure of an investment

You cant make this shit up
Bruh this game is not selling 1 million it’s looking to perform worse then concord & people guess that game sold 25K. I’d give until dawn selling 10k-15k with many gamers forgetting about the game when Silent hill 2 drops.

At max until dawn remake in 5 years will sell 25k-50k either way it’s a mega flop & wont recoup

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024
How did that day n date work out?

It being Ps exclusive would’ve brought more hype, less negative, less fiasco w PC players/woke grifters & cut numbers wouldn’t be public so this game could’ve slid of as a cheap remake w a $10 upgrade for existing owners.

Personally in general I wouldn’t even green lighted this remake a the sequel like the first game was a niche hit that sold well but in a time where PS games weren’t on PC + live service games weren’t that massive like they are now in the market.

Until dawn remake should’ve been a remake w $10 upgrades & PSVR2 players could play the game in VR giving more reason for existing players to replay it & new players to cough up the $40-$50 (the game should’ve never been $60 that’s insane for a niche no name game that no one asked for also poor advertising.
it has nothing to do with day and date, it's got everything to do with the amount of remasters and remakes absolutely no one is asking for.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Nothing but Sheer Fucking Hubris, They just dumped billions in GaaS with no research and forethought. You can pick 4 random posters on icon era and they would have done a better job in coming up with a better roadmap for the foray and push into GaaS games.

And coming to Single player games they really thought the consumers are mindless fat sheep that will consume whatever slop of a remake they serve gladly. SIE is creating their panderverse and just like Marvel they will be put in their place by the market
Sony is slowly looking like a long lost Xbox/Ubisoft cousin with the brains dead short sighted decisions they’ve been making since the beginning of the PS5 gen.

If it wasn’t for Xbox shitting the bed & Nintendo Switch not having the power to play 3rd party PS would’ve been in big trouble. Even as we look at the future w Nintendo Switch 2 & Steamdeck 2 those platform & storefront are only getting stronger by Nintendo & Valve decision to double down on exclusive while PS is essentially doing the same thing Xbox & Sega did. PS is gonna fuck around & loose everything & unlike the PS3 gen where PC/Valve wasn’t a huge player & nitendo was in there own island rn & in the future PC & Steamdeck & Switch 2 will be perfect replacements for PS own hardware especially as we see there ten pole singleplayer games go to PC/Steam & even Nintendo (which if they continue w there current brain dead short sighted leadership at PS I don’t put it past PS ten like games being ported to Switch 2) aswell as PS further loosing importance 3rd party partners ie Sega, Square, Capcom etc

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
That means $1.5-3 millions.
I don’t think it cover the costs.
1.5-3 million alone is likely the promotion + a list actors not to mention this game was also likely positioned to sponge the cost of the Until Dawn movie which will no doubt have a higher budget then 10 million which would be the minimum imo.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Stevivor single handedly tanking this creatively bankrupt turd's metascore with their score of 35, You love to see it 🤭

So if I make a website and start reviewing scores, I can be like Stevivor?
Its clear his opinion shouldn't be counted

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Bruh this game is not selling 1 million it’s looking to perform worse then concord & people guess that game sold 25K. I’d give until dawn selling 10k-15k with many gamers forgetting about the game when Silent hill 2 drops.

At max until dawn remake in 5 years will sell 25k-50k either way it’s a mega flop & wont recoup
Na I expect this to sell around 100k by this time next year, with steam maybe it hits 150k in a year but still the sales will be shambolic. They have the delusion to think they will have a hit movie with Until Dawn and millions will buy the game 🤭 , In search for gold all they will land up with is pigeon shit in their hands.

They have this weird dichotomy where the 3rd party games and partnerships are fucking fantastic and planning for the future with their hero projects and then the first party is creatively bankrupt with talentless hacks leading the charge, Maybe they should put that Christian Svensson dude in charge of the games division at least he seems to know to do his job properly.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
What a sad list. Until Dawn is number 19 in a sea of flops and we're supposed to be impressed? If Sony was a regular publisher they would be dead long ago with these stats.

Guns Up! got beat what an achievement 🤣
Guns up! Is actually a fun mobile game 😭 but that game is hella hella niche.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
So if I make a website and start reviewing scores, I can be like Stevivor?
Its clear his opinion shouldn't be counted
Well in this case that score is justified, there is no genuine reason for this remake to exist except Sony trying to finesse people with a cash grab

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The funniest thing is that a friggin Bloober team game will launch with 100k+ ccu on Steam in the next week instead of the "high quality" remake of very popular "fan favorite" game like Until Dawn with the Playstation seal of approval of "game quality" 🤭

Playstation today shits on the very fanbase and legacy which put them at the top in the first place

Reactions: arvfab

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
> "creatively bankrupt turd"
Are you speaking about Stevivor?

See I agree that Stevivor is known for its bias against playstation game but a broken clock is also right twice a day, In this case the score of 35 for until dawn remake is totally justified.