Armored Core 6 is reportedly 50 - 60 hours long, 5 times longer than the previous game

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Wow. That's a LOT of time. I'll buy it but I'll wait to play it. That's even longer than Sekiro.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
How many main missions, how many optional missions? How many parts there is to collect?

The stupid hours bullshit is just annoying from the press.
Games reported hours of contents are made to be consumed, not play.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Pre-load is live for Xbox.

50~ Gigs.

F3HOFH-W8AAQCS7

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
That's too long.
I really don't want these elden ring long games... that's why IU am not playing Baldurs gate 3.
What was wrong with perfect, tight, no bloat souls trilogy length?

Are there any performance leaks? I am deciding ps5 vs pc

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
That's too long.
I really don't want these elden ring long games... that's why IU am not playing Baldurs gate 3.

Its fine for me, i just wish 3 of them weren’t coming out the same week

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I have this already pre ordered.
But recently wondering how it will turn out as Miyazaki didnt direct the whole thing. Just started the project. Gameplay it looks great for me.

Alot of Japanese devs apart from Kojima dont do a great job of western Military story lines. Vanquish still burns in my memory…..
And with it not having the typical openish level design FromSoft games like to tell there story, I wonder how this will play especially story wise.

I hope Miyzaki stayed involved for the story. More Evangelion than Vanquish and MGS Rising please

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's too long.

I feel you but alot of us love longer games, so Im totally fine with it. It actually bothers me when people downscore reviews because a game is too long Lol.

Ive heard Baldurs Gate story can be done in 30ish hours without any side quests etc.
How long did it take you to finish Dark Souls 1 and 3? Or Bloodborne? Sekiro?

My only advice for when a game is too long is: Just stop playing it. If you want the end of the story, then watch the ending online lol. I know its not great but its an alternative. For those of us who want a longer games we dont get an alternative

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Best FROM game ever made! I haven't finished Bloodborne though but even with the PS5 port, it's still contains jittery FPS.
I loved Sekiro. Maybe my favourite combat system of all time.

Even with the issues, Bloodborne was too good. Top 10 of all time for me. Slightly over Dark Souls 1 because of setting and story but I interchange them all the time

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
That's too long.

Don't buy long games then

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Its fine for me, i just wish 3 of them weren’t coming out the same week
what else comes out the same week?

I feel you but alot of us love longer games, so Im totally fine with it. It actually bothers me when people downscore reviews because a game is too long Lol.

Ive heard Baldurs Gate story can be done in 30ish hours without any side quests etc.
How long did it take you to finish Dark Souls 1 and 3? Or Bloodborne? Sekiro?

My only advice for when a game is too long is: Just stop playing it. If you want the end of the story, then watch the ending online lol. I know its not great but its an alternative. For those of us who want a longer games we dont get an alternative
Each souls is from 25-50 hours for me. I think ds1 was 55 hours for me because it was new and hard in 2011.
All next souls were about 30. Bloodborne also. Sekiro 35 hours.
Each Mass Effect was 23 hours for me. Making the whole trilogy replayable.

30-50 is already very long but it's shorter when you replay it. And I prefer shorter but more repayable games.
Elden Ring is not replayable. I don't want to go to these bloat dungeons another time. The world holds no secrets and it's just a wiki checkbox "oh yeah I've been there, reward not worth it"
Don't buy long games then
But if that long game is Elden Ring, fuck no I am not skipping it :p

Reactions: Kokoloko

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
what else comes out the same week?

Each souls is from 25-50 hours for me. I think ds1 was 55 hours for me because it was new and hard in 2011.
All next souls were about 30. Bloodborne also. Sekiro 35 hours.
Each Mass Effect was 23 hours for me. Making the whole trilogy replayable.

30-50 is already very long but it's shorter when you replay it. And I prefer shorter but more repayable games.
Elden Ring is not replayable. I don't want to go to these bloat dungeons another time. The world holds no secrets and it's just a wiki checkbox "oh yeah I've been there, reward not worth it"

But if that long game is Elden Ring, fuck no I am not skipping it :p

Games used to be too short, i like that a lot of games give you your bang for your buck. 30 to 60 hours is a great length. I want the game to be an awesome epic that takes months to complete