As Dusk Falls has potential to be GOTY 2022 sleeper hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022

You might look at the title of the thread and laugh but don't
Let me explain this game is Massive in size 51GB & in scope
It has lots of story branches and lots of different paths and ending with tons of dialogue choices
it will suprised a lot of people

Reactions: Kokoloko

Theap99

Banned
21 Jun 2022
This is not a video game. This is a glorified version of that one type of game that released on PS4 a few years ago called Erica.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Not a game I’d pay for (i didn’t buy the Quarry either) but I’d be happy to play it on gamepass, especially since theres not much alternatives this summer.

It comes out the same day as Stray so I see it losing a lot of mindshare for indie titles this month

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
For games like this, it will strongly depend on the story if it is GotY material. But it surely is one of the very very very few interesting games out of Xbox E3. Might check it on PC.

Wondering about the reception from Xbox fans, after they have shat on games from Quantic Dreams (the studio is created by ex-QD and Sony veterans) or like Until Dawn for ages.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Xbox is not right platform for these types of games. It's similar to Quantic Dream and Supermassive. They both made exclusives for Sony and they were very popular. Man of Medan and Little Hope are also on PS+.

They will talk about it for 2 days because of the usual GP evangelism but it's too niche. Only 127k views for the trailer.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: nominedomine

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Xbox is not right platform for these types of games. It's similar to Quantic Dream and Supermassive. They both made exclusives for Sony and they were very popular. Man of Medan and Little Hope are also on PS+.

They will talk about it for 2 days because of the usual GP evangelism but it's too niche. Only 127k views for the trailer.

Well at least they are trying. If someone can throw money at risky projects, it's them.

OP
OP
Craig of War

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
This is not a video game. This is a glorified version of that one type of game that released on PS4 a few years ago called Erica.
Didn't Telltale The Walking Dead win GOTY and they are also just glorified version & not videogames

OP
OP
Craig of War

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022

It on Gamepass that is their secret weapon

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
This is why I dont like troll users that are just playing a caracther, what a waste of everyones times.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

You might look at the title of the thread and laugh but don't
Let me explain this game is Massive in size 51GB & in scope
It has lots of story branches and lots of different paths and ending with tons of dialogue choices
it will suprised a lot of people

Games like this , It takes TWO, Quantic Dream, Super massive titles I think have a good nitch. I like the art style, I hope we see actually more things in this genre maybe go more comic book style. This is like a painting.

OP
OP
Craig of War

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
Games like this , It takes TWO, Quantic Dream, Super massive titles I think have a good nitch. I like the art style, I hope we see actually more things in this genre maybe go more comic book style. This is like a painting.
You can call it shit if you want it fine im a big boy it won't hurt my feelings if you hate it
It cool just don't say im a troll by posting this though lol

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You can call it shit if you want it fine im a big boy it won't hurt my feelings if you hate it
It cool just don't say im a troll by posting this though lol
I'm being honest?

This is to me is in the same interactive narrative genre? Art style looks cool, reminds me of scanner darkly film.

Rewatched the trailer, and it does have multiple branches for choices made. Similar to Supermassive, Quantic Dream titles. Imagine this becoming like a novel genre where someone can write out story but you get to choose how the characters develop? Imagine that on your tablet in your amazon book app?

Like to see more of the choices, and consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.