Asking All Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
If you have a piece of plastic, a PC, whatever that you're currently standing behind, defending and even attacking for in some cases... how long have you been by the company behind it? How long have you been for SONY, Microsoft, Nintendo or just been PCMR? Have you ever switched sides?

Here's my trajectory...

Nintendo from NES to N64
During N64 I got a PC which split my time and allegiance
Early 2000s saw me splitting my time between Gamecube and XBOX, Halo and Metroid Prime being the rival games, but more 3rd party time spent on XBOX, my PS2 largely gathered dust, my PC was a Counter-Strike machine (unable to handle anything else)
Got the 360 at launch and until 2009 I was 100% behind it and then the PS3 decided to steal the exclusive argument despite running behind on multi-plats, but for me exclusives are the key, Wii collected dust besides the underrated Metroid Prime 3
2011 was my re-entry into the PCMR with exclusives being my only interaction with consoles
PS4 I got right away, the XB1 was in the house but not mine, I barely touched it that generation, not much reason to, played exclusives on PS4 and multi-plats on PC
Got a new GPU before a PS4 Pro, but did get both
Making this PC meet current gaming standards would be too rich for my blood at the moment, PS5 is my main gaming station by default, I've long stopped caring about Nintendo or XBOX

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I had a Nes
Then went to Mega Drive II
Then back to N64
Then got a PC and a GPU (one of the early GPU at the time, think it was a Maxi Xentor or something)
Then I got a PS2 a little after launch and a Gamecube soon after it launched too. (mostly played on PS2 cause I loved MGS, Tekken, DMC and lots of other games)
Went to 360 as I loved GRAW and got into COD too this gen.
Bought a PS3 for MGS4 and moved all gaming to PS3 due to exclusives after 2009.
Went to PS4
Now on PS5 (Have several Switches too)

OP
OP
Explosive Zombie

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
I had a Nes
Then went to Mega Drive II
Then back to N64
Then got a PC and a GPU (one of the early GPU at the time, think it was a Maxi Xentor or something)
Then I got a PS2 a little after launch and a Gamecube soon after it launched too. (mostly played on PS2 cause I loved MGS, Tekken, DMC and lots of other games)
Went to 360 as I loved GRAW and got into COD too this gen.
Bought a PS3 for MGS4 and moved all gaming to PS3 due to exclusives after 2009.
Went to PS4
Now on PS5 (Have several Switches too)

So similar to my trajectory you just missed out on the SNES (amazing system) and weren't playing Halo on XBOX apparently.

P

peter42O

My rundown -

3rd Generation / 1
- NES only

4th Generation / 2
- SNES (primary) and Genesis (secondary)

5th Generation / 4
- PlayStation (primary), 3DO (secondary), Nintendo 64 (third) and Saturn (fourth)

6th Generation / 4
- PlayStation 2 (primary), Dreamcast (secondary), Gamecube (third) and Xbox (fourth)

7th Generation / 3
- Xbox 360 (primary), PlayStation 3 (secondary) and Wii (third)

8th Generation / 3
- PlayStation 4 (primary), Xbox One (secondary) and Switch (third, owned it for about two years, dec 2017 to oct 2019)

9th Generation / 2
- Xbox Series X (primary) and PlayStation 5 (secondary)

That's my gaming history in regards to my primary, secondary and beyond consoles. Only game I ever played on PC was at a friend's house in the mid-90's called Virtual Pool which was awesome but other than that, never had any interest in PC gaming. I did own two handhelds. The original GameBoy for a few years or so. Honestly, don't remember how long. And 3DS which was for a month or so to play RE Revelations and SM 3D Land. I dropped both halfway through and sold it all on Ebay.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
PC (usually my primary plataform)

PSP, PS3, PSV, PS4, PS5

360 (by far the worst console I ever had, it actually made me want to buy a PS3)

GBC, 3DS, Switch

Master System

I did play a lot of SNES, Mega Drive, PS1, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, but never owned them.

Last edited:

DarkMage619

Verified Gamepass Reseller
15 Jul 2022
Nintendo->Sega Genesis(CD, 32X), Super Nintendo->PlayStation, Nintendo 64-> Dreamcast, XBOX, PS2, GameCube-> 360, PS3-> PS4(Pro), X1X, Switch->XSX, PS5

Had a decent PC through all of it especially after PS3 era.

It's nice to be able to play games on all platforms.

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
1 / N64, played my brothers (superior) PS1 all the time.

2 / Dreamcast

2.5 / Xbox and PS2 Slim, preferred the PS2 though can't lie Xbox held its own. Brother had a PC I used for unreal, doom 3, counterstrike, console games that I just wanted to play on PC

3 / PC and 360, by the Slim Remodel I dumped Xbox for PS3

4 / PC and PS4 Pro

5 / PC and recently re-acquired a PS5, got a switch because I was in Japan when it launched and it presented an opportunity but eventually sold it.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Master system
Mega drive
Saturn
Game gear

Snes
N64
Gameboy color
Gameboy advance
Switch

PS1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PSP

PC

Don't think I'm missing any
Xbox? Not even once?

5c9b8cd53eab6d1a53d66eadcb7b5de5.gif

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
ZX Spectrum

PC

PC, Game Gear, Mega Drive, 32X

PC, Sega Saturn, PS1

PC, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast

PC, PS3, X360, PSP

PC, PS4, PS Vita

PC, PS5, Xbox Series X.

Never was really a Nintendo guy, probably because it was SUPER expensive here in Portugal. Otherwise I'm pretty balanced all round, just skipped Xbox One generation, and that gave a bit of hate boner for Microsoft.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I played most of the older consoles but I became a massive Xbox fanboy and for close to zero reasons, I was in denial really

I loved Gears and a few others but PlayStation 1 was my favorite console. I came back to PlayStation in 2017 and got Uncharted 4 (favorite game ever)

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I played most of the older consoles but I became a massive Xbox fanboy and for close to zero reasons, I was in denial really

I loved Gears and a few others but PlayStation 1 was my favorite console. I came back to PlayStation in 2017 and got Uncharted 4 (favorite game ever)
Xbox does that to people, I almost quit gaming once I made the mistake of buying an Xbox it gave me the impression I didn't like games anymore, turns out that was just because the Xbox didn't have most of the best games in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.