DQ3kdDq.jpeg

tA9npxA.jpeg

1bnc3N1.jpeg

VoEnfpG.jpeg

XFaFzef.jpeg

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
PS actually making fun creative platformer who would’ve thought. So much charm.

Also I forgot the girls name from Parrapatherapper but great design. A new Parrapatherapper as a 3D platformer like HIFI RUSH would go so hard. Hope PS doubles down on platformers & Team Asobi. Bring back Parrapatherapper, Ape Escape, Wild Arms, Jeanne d'arc, Potopon one of these games per year would be wonderful.

Also these fun, charming games w universal appealing characters would do wonders when expanding to cross media like anime, movies, tv shows for a family/kid audience something PS lack & is trying to find by going & porting there games on Nintendo which just further secures Nintendo as the family/kid platform.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I love how much they’re pushing Astro. Hope this game does really well
Hopefully it does 1 million. I don’t think that’s to crazy with 60 million console + not much else for PS fans to buy. I do think pricing the game at $40/$50 would’ve significantly help instead of $60

What is Team Asobi best selling game?

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Hopefully it does 1 million. I don’t think that’s to crazy with 60 million console + not much else for PS fans to buy. I do think pricing the game at $40/$50 would’ve significantly help instead of $60

What is Team Asobi best selling game?

They only have one other full priced game, Rescue Mission

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Disc RetailBundledDigitalTotal
??204,5461.04m

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I don’t understand why Sony doesn’t release a public demo. It could go a long way with marketing the game.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
As they should and glad Sony is pushing this hopefully it becomes a big hit. It's good they showed they are diversifying the genres this year and not simply copy pasting the PS4 gen formula becoming a stale one trick pony.
Also I forgot the girls name from Parrapatherapper but great design. A new Parrapatherapper as a 3D platformer like HIFI RUSH would go so hard. Hope PS doubles down on platformers & Team Asobi.

That's Lammy! She had her own game, glad they didn't forgot her my fellow left handed guitarist.
8519_front.jpg

Agree hopefully a new one is in the works, with Hermen talking about experimental titles: doesn't take much time or budget to make one. There were rumours few days back from DJAkademiks that Plaiboy Carti signed a deal to voice the next Parappa but could be trolling so didn't post it here.

i guess no demo because this game will be like 20 bucks?
Why demo? 60 million people bought Astro and got a free PS5 with it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
They only have one other full priced game, Rescue Mission

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Disc RetailBundledDigitalTotal
??204,5461.04m

That's a PSVR1-only game, though. The total addressable market for Astro Bot will be what, 15x larger?

I think we're looking at a much greater success than 1M copies. IMO this will be reaching God of War and Spider Man levels of popularity.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
That's a PSVR1-only game, though. The total laaddressable market for Astro Bot will be what, 15x larger?

I think we're looking at a much greater success than 1M copies. IMO this will be reaching God of Warand Spider Man levels of popularity.
This seems a little bit too optimistic, I'm afraid. Sure, the user base of the PS5 respect that of PSVR1 is way way bigger, but the offer of games and the possibility of choice is also so. Plus, the VR game was a genre- defining experience, wich I doubt this new game has any ambition to be. I think it will sell between 6 and 8 millions copies, when all is said, and I guess Sony will be very pleased with these numbers.