Astro Bot at Evo

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
i guess no demo because this game will be like 20 bucks?
Come on, Infinity m8. You have been doing so well over the last few months; let's not go back to the trolling.

You know as well as I do that this game is going to be huge, not only in scope but as a GoTY contender.

This is not game pass fodder. This is the real deal, and you know that.

Reactions: JAHGamer
24 Jun 2022
PS actually making fun creative platformer who would’ve thought. So much charm.

Also I forgot the girls name from Parrapatherapper but great design. A new Parrapatherapper as a 3D platformer like HIFI RUSH would go so hard. Hope PS doubles down on platformers & Team Asobi. Bring back Parrapatherapper, Ape Escape, Wild Arms, Jeanne d'arc, Potopon one of these games per year would be wonderful.

Also these fun, charming games w universal appealing characters would do wonders when expanding to cross media like anime, movies, tv shows for a family/kid audience something PS lack & is trying to find by going & porting there games on Nintendo which just further secures Nintendo as the family/kid platform.

Her name's Lammy, and she's technically from the spin-off, UmJammer Lammy. Which IMO is the best installment in the entire series, and certainly the most robust/feature-rich.

I'm not 100% sure rhythm game mechanics can work in a platformer at scale, but I've said for a while now a Parappa/UmJammer new entry as a light pseudo-Paper Mario style JRPG with stylistic rhythm elements in the combat. There was a JRPG back on the PS1 that did something like this, blanking on the name though.

As they should and glad Sony is pushing this hopefully it becomes a big hit. It's good they showed they are diversifying the genres this year and not simply copy pasting the PS4 gen formula becoming a stale one trick pony.

That's Lammy! She had her own game, glad they didn't forgot her my fellow left handed guitarist.
8519_front.jpg

Agree hopefully a new one is in the works, with Hermen talking about experimental titles: doesn't take much time or budget to make one. There were rumours few days back from DJAkademiks that Plaiboy Carti signed a deal to voice the next Parappa but could be trolling so didn't post it here.

Why demo? 60 million people bought Astro and got a free PS5 with it.

I wouldn't put stock in any PS rumors when it comes to legacy game revivals, because there's been so much BS over the years that never turned out to be true. Also, I wouldn't personally be interested in a new Parappa with someone like Playboi Carti or one of the modern "mumble rappers" involved because the song choice & styling'd be reflective of that, and I strongly dislike that kind of rap.

I'd rather it lean more towards Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Souls of Mischief etc. in terms of hip-hop, old-school and new-school, American and foreign. But I'd also really like a new UmJammer because you'd get all of that and the alternative & skater rock too.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes we should.

I reckon it will do 10 million lifetime sales comfortably.
I highly doubt this considering PS5 exclusives aren't selling like they did on PS4. MAYBE the price will help it however

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I wouldn’t say “comfortably”. If it does that it will probably sue to heavy discounts years later.

I said lifetime so discounts will happen and naturally will help it.

Launch sales will be interesting. 2-3 million in first month wouldn’t surprise me.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
What PS5 exclusive games are you talking about?

Spider-Man 2 did 11 million at a full 70 dollars, so not that

I predict if Astro is as good as we think it is it may do 3-5m this year. It will probably be the big holiday pack-in title as well

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
What PS5 exclusive games are you talking about?
What PS5 exclusive are selling 10+ million this generation outside of Spiderman 2 and GT7? There has been a fall off that generation so far.

MrAss

24 May 2024
It will sell more than Death Stranding 2, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
What PS5 exclusive are selling 10+ million this generation outside of Spiderman 2 and GT7? There has been a fall off that generation so far.

Name the PS5 exclusive games then? Returnal? Ratchet? Sackboy?

These were released on PS5 when only a few million PS5s were in circulation.

Neither were they expected to sell 10 million plus copies.

There has been no fall off. Games this generation have been breaking all time Sony Playstation records.

Ragnarok, Spiderman 2 and Helldivers 2 come to mind.

Go on tell me what PS5 games have sold worse than expected and proved sales have fallen off.

Honestly this is the first time I have heard this point of view.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Ragnorok sold much faster than 2018. I reckon horizon 2 is past 10m as well, 8.5m a year ago.
Not a PS5 exclusive??? And Horizon is not past 10 million unfortunately on PS5.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Not a PS5 exclusive??? And Horizon is not past 10 million unfortunately on PS5.

Horizon FW isn’t a PS5 exclusive either.

Secondly Sony have already said putting Horizon FW on PS Plus so early was a mistake cause it killed sales.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Horizon FW isn’t a PS5 exclusive either.

Secondly Sony have already said putting Horizon FW on PS Plus so early was a mistake cause it killed sales.
What does this have to do with PS5 exclusives haven't pushing 10+ million this gen?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Name the PS5 exclusive games then? Returnal? Ratchet? Sackboy?

These were released on PS5 when only a few million PS5s were in circulation.

Neither were they expected to sell 10 million plus copies.

There has been no fall off. Games this generation have been breaking all time Sony Playstation records.

Ragnarok, Spiderman 2 and Helldivers 2 come to mind.

Go on tell me what PS5 games have sold worse than expected and proved sales have fallen off.

Honestly this is the first time I have heard this point of view.
Name a single PS5 exclusive this gen that has sold 10 million that isn't Spiderman 2? Helldivers 2 isn't 10 million on PS5...

Ragnarok the most anticipated PlayStation release post 2020 was a given, also a cross gen.

Not you getting defensive over the truth