Astro Bot at Evo

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Name a single PS5 exclusive this gen that has sold 10 million that isn't Spiderman 2? Helldivers 2 isn't 10 million on PS5...

Ragnarok the most anticipated PlayStation release post 2020 was a given, also a cross gen.

Not you getting defensive over the truth

I mean it’s a very small sample size. Outside of year one sony studios haven’t released a lot of true ps5 only exclusives outside of Helldivers 2 and Spider-man 2 and they both sold well over 10 million, and will both probably go on to sell over 20 lifetime.

There’s a reason that sony said theey don’t have major ip releases this year because they don’t expect astro or lego horizon to sell 10 million.

You can be sure that Ghost of Tsushima 2 will, and the next naughty dog, insomniac, and Santa Monica game. Even just a venom spinoff is gonna sell 10 million

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I mean it’s a very small sample size. Outside of year one sony studios haven’t released a lot of true ps5 only exclusives outside of Helldivers 2 and Spider-man 2 and they both sold well over 10 million, and will both probably go on to sell over 20 lifetime.

There’s a reason that sony said theey don’t have major ip releases this year because they don’t expect astro or lego horizon to sell 10 million.

You can be sure that Ghost of Tsushima 2 will, and the next naughty dog, insomniac, and Santa Monica game. Even just a venom spinoff is gonna sell 10 million
So you're agreeing with that I said?? That I don't see Astro selling 10 million "comfortably"... I'm not commenting on sequel follows up where there is already pent up demand and IP establishment.

Helldivers 2 has not sold 10 million on PS5... Stop including it.

And for the record I am expecting Astro to sell decently. And I hope it does 10 million, but I am not convinced it will get there comfortably like that poster said.

The conversation is straying since y'all wanna drag a bunch of random games into the discussion for whatever reason.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Name a single PS5 exclusive this gen that has sold 10 million that isn't Spiderman 2? Helldivers 2 isn't 10 million on PS5...

Ragnarok the most anticipated PlayStation release post 2020 was a given, also a cross gen.

Not you getting defensive over the truth

Name them then? I have asked to do it 3 times now.

Ratchet? Returnal? Sackboy? They were expected 10 million sellers? Please.

What else is there?

You know very well that Sony’s major titles so far this generation have been cross generation and they haven’t failed.

Horizon FW selling less than expected has everything to do with dropping it on PS Plus early. Even Sony admitted that.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Name them then? I have asked to do it 3 times now.

Ratchet? Returnal? Sackboy? They were expected 10 million sellers? Please.

What else is there?

You know very well that Sony’s major titles so far this generation have been cross generation and they haven’t failed.

Horizon FW selling less than expected has everything to do with dropping it on PS Plus early. Even Sony admitted that.
Name what? There ain't a single PS5 exclusive outside of Spiderman 2... I've stated that many times...

Who in here have used the word "failed" except you just now?

I don't care how about Horizon being on PS+, we already know what happened there.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Name what? There ain't a single PS5 exclusive outside of Spiderman 2... I've stated that many times...

Who in here have used the word "failed" except you just now?

I don't care how about Horizon being on PS+, we already know what happened there.

And Spiderman 2 sold 10 million plus on PS5.

Gran Turismo has also sold well.

So what’s your point?

What PS5 exclusive are selling 10+ million this generation outside of Spiderman 2 and GT7? There has been a fall off that generation so far.

There haven’t been any other PS5 exclusives other than Ratchet, Sackboy and Returnal which weren’t expected to sell 10 million in the first place.

You don’t accept 10 million sellers like Ragnarok and Helldivers 2 cause they aren’t PS5 exclusive.

So don’t include Horizon FW either to support your argument cause that isn’t exclusive either.

Can’t have it both ways.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
And Spiderman 2 sold 10 million plus on PS5.

Gran Turismo has also sold well.

So what’s your point?

There haven’t been any other PS5 exclusives other than Ratchet, Sackboy and Returnal which weren’t expected to sell 10 million in the first place.

You don’t accept 10 million sellers like Ragnarok and Helldivers 2 cause they aren’t PS5 exclusive.

So don’t include Horizon FW either to support your argument cause that isn’t exclusive either.

Can’t have it both ways.
I've already mentioned Spiderman 2 and I threw in GT7 since it will get there being ever green on PS5... So I dunno why you're constantly repeating what I already stated as some sorta "got ya" trap 🤣💀

Why would I accept Helldivers 2 when it hasn't sold 10 million on PS5? Stop being delusional

Horizon sold around 9+ on PS5 / PS4..? The game isn't charting anywhere and hovers around #100 on the monthly NPD charts 🤣... Yes PS+ cut its legs short so I didn't mention it, you're the one who threw it in the mix for whatever reason.

Until we get another game from Insomniac, Sucker Punch or Naughty Dog... 10+ million isn't gonna come comfortably on PS5...

All the best to Astro, it deserves 10 million, just not sure the PS5 base buying taste will get it there comfortably.

I'm ending this as I don't see the point anymore.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Come on, Infinity m8. You have been doing so well over the last few months; let's not go back to the trolling.

You know as well as I do that this game is going to be huge, not only in scope but as a GoTY contender.

This is not game pass fodder. This is the real deal, and you know that.
I hope it does live up to your expectations. I have no interest in the game.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I've already mentioned Spiderman 2 and I threw in GT7 since it will get there being ever green on PS5... So I dunno why you're constantly repeating what I already stated as some sorta "got ya" trap 🤣💀

Why would I accept Helldivers 2 when it hasn't sold 10 million on PS5? Stop being delusional

Horizon sold around 9+ on PS5 / PS4..? The game isn't charting anywhere and hovers around #100 on the monthly NPD charts 🤣... Yes PS+ cut its legs short so I didn't mention it, you're the one who threw it in the mix for whatever reason.

I'm ending this as I don't see the point anymore.

So what exactly are you arguing here?

What PS5 exclusive are selling 10+ million this generation outside of Spiderman 2 and GT7? There has been a fall off that generation so far.

If they aren’t any other PS5 only exclusives which were expected to sell 10 million plus and didn’t, where is the fall off?

Exactly my point from the beginning. Name the other games. There aren’t any.

You don’t see the point anymore cause you never had a point.

Honestly.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I'm watching EVO and I'm seeing mostly good vibes from the chat when an Astrobot ad comes out, this is actually a pretty good sign when it comes to what the greater gaming community thinks about the game.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Yeah Astro garners a lot of positivity, if they can get a 90+ meta and a GOTY (nomination) hats off to Team Asobi. And hopefully fans support this, 2-3 million sales this year would be really excellent as well for them.
I wouldn't put stock in any PS rumors when it comes to legacy game revivals, because there's been so much BS over the years that never turned out to be true. Also, I wouldn't personally be interested in a new Parappa with someone like Playboi Carti or one of the modern "mumble rappers" involved because the song choice & styling'd be reflective of that, and I strongly dislike that kind of rap.

I'd rather it lean more towards Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Souls of Mischief etc. in terms of hip-hop, old-school and new-school, American and foreign. But I'd also really like a new UmJammer because you'd get all of that and the alternative & skater rock too.
It was so absurd when I read it, If they would hire one I could see them go with modern rappers as a draw for the youth under Sony Music. I agree but realistically I don't see them getting Q-tip, maybe as the sensei haha. Regardless hope they do one same idd with UmJammer just for the 30th would be dope.