Astro Bot Director rules out PSVR2 version but wants to hear from fans about potential PC version

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Speaking to MinnMax, host Ben Hanson asked creative director Nicolas Doucet if there was any interest in a VR version of Astro Bot.

“No chance,” Doucet replied. “It’s designed for a different medium.”

When pressed by Hanson if there was a “zero percent” chance, Doucet reiterated that if the game was to be brought to VR, “it would be a different game”.

Later in the interview, the possibility of a PC version was brought up, with Doucet asked whether he had a message for PC players keen to play the game.

“Well, we want to hear from you,” Doucet replied. “Absolutely, we want to hear from you.”

24 Jun 2022
And there it is.

Why buy this at $70 on PS5 when you can wait maybe 6 months to get it at $50 on Steam? They didn't even mention a PS5 Pro version, did they?

Classic SIE is dead. Whatever this new iteration is, it's not the one that made the consoles (and community/culture around them) that I came to love. I don't recognize this SIE, but I do know I don't like it very much.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I'm glad he's listening but imma be real as a primarily PC player this game isn't really up there on things I want to play. Would prefer Gravity Rush or Bloodborne. Yeah, port it, the more the merrier, but I can't really promise a purchase of Astro Bot from me.

Last edited:

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
And there it is.

Why buy this at $70 on PS5 when you can wait maybe 6 months to get it at $50 on Steam? They didn't even mention a PS5 Pro version, did they?

Classic SIE is dead. Whatever this new iteration is, it's not the one that made the consoles (and community/culture around them) that I came to love. I don't recognize this SIE, but I do know I don't like it very much.

This sucks. this is the one game that should stay exclusive. Current Sony is weird.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Worst part is PC players will not support this game just like they didn't support Sackboy or Ratchet

Maybe that's why they've said they want to hear PC crowd because Sackboy bombed there. If Sackboy was successful, maybe Astro would appear later for PC without hearing anything from them. LOL

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Maybe that's why they've said they want to hear PC crowd because Sackboy bombed there. If Sackboy was successful, maybe Astro would appear later for PC without hearing anything from them. LOL
I don't really understand why they chose to port sackboy and not an actual little big planet. People would've cared more if it wasn't a spinoff

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I don't really understand why they chose to port sackboy and not an actual little big planet. People would've cared more if it wasn't a spinoff
Simple: they already planned the PC version during development, while LBP would have required a proper port from an old engine.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PC folks will beg for it just to take away from PlayStation but won't buy it.
Yup, there's a few people that dedicate all their spare time to advocate and push for pc ports of PlayStation games and even buy the game for other people just to accelerate this whole thing.

It's pretty disgusting. But they frame it like they are doing something positive... Their only motive is to undermine PlayStation as a platform.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
They can barely sell their major AA titles on PC, let alone something like this. But yeah, sure. Screw your own hardware, I guess. Port to PC for those 5 people that'll buy it. And people wonder why PSVR2 failed.
Maybe people didn't buy a psvr2 because VR is niche with a limited library range and a high cost of entry