Astro Bot Director rules out PSVR2 version but wants to hear from fans about potential PC version

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
The library is limited because they refuse to build it. The first Astrobot VR doesn't even have a port.
But no one's building it! The list of major VR games is small even outside of the Playstation ecosystem. It's novelty tech for people with money to spare.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Classic Sony would'v had the dev say: nothing to mention about it, we are focused on making the best PS5 version.
Jim Ryan was the last barrier, the OG's that built the brand are out or soon to age out. It's about bonuses and higher salaries instead of prestige & reputation.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
Talking about PC port before the PS5 version is even out? Gawd, I hate this dumbass company at times

sony saw xbox doing this with indiana jones and decided they arent going to let microsoft wins the dumbass competition that easily

images

• haha
  • fire
Reactions: Kokoloko and Danja

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Nice one Douchette way to tank whatever sales you were going to get for "hypothetical sales", at this point these idiots deserve their commercial failures

• thisistheway
Reactions: Neversummer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Just imagine every time Sony does marketing for a first party game, the media fusses about the pc version. I really hate this.
I don't even care about games gong to PC, I just dislike how much of the discussion revolves around it, and how much thinly veiled platform wars that ensues.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
This was the only game I was expecting to remain exclusive considering that Astro bot is basically the mascot and they are already talking about a PC port before the PS release 💀

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why buy this at $70 on PS5 when you can wait maybe 6 months to get it at $50 on Steam? They didn't even mention a PS5 Pro version, did they?
Actually the wait is around 2 years and Sony games are full priced on PC at launch.
If you want to wait then good for you.

I play day one with everybody else on PS5.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Every PS release is hijacked by PC talk and most of it bad news (see Concord).

Astrobot was supposed to be a big celebration of Playstation and now people are all angry talking about it instead of being hyped.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Ehh I think I’ll get this on PS5 instead of PC anyway. I have faith in Asobi getting this to run at a smooth 60 FPS on PS5, and you need to have the DualSense wired to get all its features on PC.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Man.... sony got no shame.
Game about playstation and old ps heroes... goes to pc.
And it will be 60$ there 100% because sony is afraid of pc gamers but want their money.

Just stand your fucking ground, release good exclusives and you will sell consoles. What a bunch of morons

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man.... sony got no shame.
Game about playstation and old ps heroes... goes to pc.
And it will be 60$ there 100% because sony is afraid of pc gamers but want their money.

Just stand your fucking ground, release good exclusives and you will sell consoles. What a bunch of morons
Na it will be 40/50$, they are selling for 60 on PS. At this point they are cucks, they can wait for the xbots to shift to their platform but instant gratification and profits are the name of the game

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Yup, there's a few people that dedicate all their spare time to advocate and push for pc ports of PlayStation games and even buy the game for other people just to accelerate this whole thing.

It's pretty disgusting. But they frame it like they are doing something positive... Their only motive is to undermine PlayStation as a platform.
"But pc is so amazing and you have to be a fool to have problems! Can't you INSTALL DRIVERS ?! YOU CONSOLE FOOL !!"

Meanwhile:
-expensive intel cpus crash when compiling shaders and overheat
-Nvidia does not give a shit about gpus, just cares for AI and treat pc gamers as 2nd class citizens.. but they still are happy to pay 1000$ for overpriced gpu that takes 400watts rather than actually being more efficient.
-Constant bios updates and being at the mercy of windows updates
-Peripherals like a fucking mouse costing 150$ (I have one, I KNOW lol) (to be honest, me new 8bitdo keyboard is amazing)

And this stuff is always happening. There is always something "little" happening. Was the same when I got my x570 and 3700x and it's the same with intel now and there is always some issue going around.
I don't want to be a hypocrite and pc hater even though I come as one. Obviously it can be great and I also game on pc but I just hate pc apologetic, one sided criticism pcmr people. Then just pirating games because they only buy gaas games since online games can't be pirated

Reactions: VillaiN

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I'm already preordered the deluxe on PS5 but I'm tempted to cancel the preorder so I can leave customer support with a message for them to actually value their platform
I too am tempted, I had pre-ordered both physical and the digital ones, Thinking of cancelling both. I am sure they will be "excited to hear about money" instead of actually getting it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I too am tempted, I had pre-order both physical and the digital ones, Thinking of cancelling both. I am sure they will be "excited to hear about money" instead of actually getting it.
The thing is I bet this is a directive from corporate to increase margins or else. fuck the current Sony leadership

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
He shuts down PSVR but wants to "hear" from PC players.

This pretty much confirms that a PC port is in the works but it's too early to announce. At this point everything will end up on PC.

They can barely sell their major AAA titles on PC, let alone something like this. But yeah, sure. Screw your own hardware, I guess. Port to PC for those 5 people that'll buy it. And people wonder why PSVR2 failed.

Maybe people didn't buy a psvr2 because VR is niche with a limited library range and a high cost of entry

The library is limited because they refuse to build it. The first Astrobot VR doesn't even have a port.

But no one's building it! The list of major VR games is small even outside of the Playstation ecosystem. It's novelty tech for people with money to spare.

There is a reason why PSVR 2 is ruled out. This Astrobot game is DESIGNED for flat screen from the start. You can play it on PSVR 2, but it would be in "theater mode".

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm already preordered the deluxe on PS5 but I'm tempted to cancel the preorder so I can leave customer support with a message for them to actually value their platform

Maybe. I think a big petition and some actual communication/media presence. @Bryank75 @Gods&Monsters @thicc_girls_are_teh_best
Not just a flash in the pan or plain FUD. But a actual message.

Just make it a one topic thing. Pc ports. Not other issues etc

Who was the guy on this forum that was dissecting all the MS contradictions during the FTP Activision thing was it you @thicc_girls_are_teh_best?

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Bryank75 and arvfab