Astro Bot Releases September 2024 | State of Play

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Dragon's Dogma will win in 100%, despite all the issues. It's the media darling.
No chance. Loads of people I know stop playing for some weird reason. If astro is all of this I’m definitely seeing winning.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Is this a joke? 😂 dd2 is mid, most people are just finally realizing that now after the honey moon effect wore off. It doesn’t come remotely close to Rebirth, Prince of Persia has a better chance of winning goty than dd2.
No joke. Players might realize it's crap with but the media sure loves it. Everyone was drooling over it when it released, issues be damned. There's a huge difference between the media and user scores and the media decides on a GOTY.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
FF7 is definite front runner

Not sure what else will compete with it unless Nintendo have some surprise games
Last Year everybody thought it was gonna be Tears of the Kingdom as the guaranteed GOTY winner with Starfield a close second. Then Bauldur's Gate 3 came out of nowhere and made some tears from Zelda fans and Starfield was less well received as Spider-Man 2 which a lot of people laughed at the idea of it being compared to starfield at the beginning of last year.

Not a lot of people talk about this but in 2017 Divinity: Original Sin II didn't get a single GOTY nomination in a year where breath of the Wild dominated and yet 6 years later Baldur's Gate 3 comes out and dominates not only a year where a New Zelda releases but one of the strongest years in gaming ever. Truly one of the best studio glow ups ever.

I do wonder how FF7 rebirth will fair in GOTY, I felt FF7 remake got a bit snubbed but 2020 was a strong year of gaming.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
No joke. Players might realize it's crap with but the media sure loves it. Everyone was drooling over it when it released, issues be damned. There's a huge difference between the media and user scores and the media decides on a GOTY.
Nah, even the media has quickly moved on from it. I’ve barely seen any articles or videos about it since launch. But people are still talking about how amazing Rebirth is. BG3 was talked about non stop from launch til end of 2023, DD2 is already forgotten about.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Last Year everybody thought it was gonna be Tears of the Kingdom as the guaranteed GOTY winner with Starfield a close second. Then Bauldur's Gate 3 came out of nowhere and made some tears from Zelda fans and Starfield was less well received as Spider-Man 2 which a lot of people laughed at the idea of it being compared to starfield at the beginning of last year.

Not a lot of people talk about this but in 2017 Divinity: Original Sin II didn't get a single GOTY nomination in a year where breath of the Wild dominated and yet 6 years later Baldur's Gate 3 comes out and dominates not only a year where a New Zelda releases but one of the strongest years in gaming ever. Truly one of the best studio glow ups ever.

I do wonder how FF7 rebirth will fair in GOTY, I felt FF7 remake got a bit snubbed but 2020 was a strong year of gaming.
True but anyone who played Divinity Original Sin 2 knew that BG3 could very well be their Elden Ring moment. We talked alot on this forum how Larian should be an acquisition target before they hit it big

I dont see any games of that potential the rest of this year

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
True but anyone who played Divinity Original Sin 2 knew that BG3 could very well be their Elden Ring moment. We talked alot on this forum how Larian should be an acquisition target before they hit it big

I dont see any games of that potential the rest of this year
Metaphor Re Fantazio

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
You probably said the same thing last year with TOTK, before BG3 snatched that sh**t. Lol But yeah, it’s Rebirth’s to lose. Also. It seems like Nintendo is going to punt this year in preparation for Switch 2 next year.
Weird thing to say I actually argued multiple times (on GAF) that BG3 would win GOTY over TOTK

2024-06-03-21-01-www.neogaf.com.png

2024-06-03-21-07-www.neogaf.com.png

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Dragon's Dogma will win in 100%, despite all the issues. It's the media darling.

Naw, there was a lot of hype going into DD2 but it cooled off quickly after release.

I’ve even seen a lot of people in media have kind of a cold take on it since. There was a big influencer push at launch, maybe because there was some campaign to push it in front of Ronin, but I’ve even seen people more warm on the latter since. I will be very surprised if we even hear anything uch about it come award season because it doesn’t really excel in any award category.

Metaphor was a good mention. If it can live up to Persona. JRPG’s kind of get the short end of the stick on around award season though.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Final Fantasy VII rebirth is GOTY. It is unfathomable the incredible amount of exploration, combat, huge amount of quality content.

Please vote for it & play it.

I will be voting for Astro. Square Enix lost my loyalty 😉

Astro Grow GIF by PlayStation

• Shake

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
I will be voting for Astro. Square Enix lost my loyalty 😉

Astro Grow GIF by PlayStation
Its an incredible game, show them they can do exclusives and they even might begin an acquisitions talks with Sony if it works out.

It's seriously one of the best games ever created, show them exclusivity and Sony marketing can work out.

• Shake

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Its an incredible game, show them they can do exclusives and they even might begin an acquisitions talks with Sony if it works out.

It's seriously one of the best games ever created, show them exclusivity and Sony marketing can work out.

That ship has sailed, friend.