Astro Bot Releases September 2024 | State of Play

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Not mad, I just disagree. I see this game as a direct competitor to Mario, I spent $60 on Wonder, I can sure as hell spend $70 on Astro. I think this game will be worth every last penny!
Mario and Astro are different. If you can't see why $70 would hold back this game... Then I dunno what to say.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Mario and Astro are different. If you can't see why $70 would hold back this game... Then I dunno what to say.

Is it going to sell like Mario? Nah. But can It achieve the quality of Mario? Yes.

If they achieve the latter it would be smart to make it fully priced. It shows confidence.

Reactions: TigerFang

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Is it going to sell like Mario? Nah. But can It achieve the quality of Mario? Yes.

If they achieve the latter it would be smart to make it fully priced. It shows confidence.
Or you can show confidence and price it correctly, so it has total mass appeal while you fully establish the character on its first major console release.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Just a hunch 2024 platformer game gona win GOTY again after It Takes Two in 2021

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
The more I watch the better it looks. I’m guessing is going to eat

Reactions: Sircaw

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
FF7 is definite front runner

Not sure what else will compete with it unless Nintendo have some surprise games
You probably said the same thing last year with TOTK, before BG3 snatched that sh**t. Lol But yeah, it’s Rebirth’s to lose. Also. It seems like Nintendo is going to punt this year in preparation for Switch 2 next year.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I think its pretty realistic that Astro can win if it reviews as well as Rescue Mission. It Takes Two won it in 2021, which was a weak year, but this year is kind of weak also. It’s another year of solid 8’s

As of right now its WuKong, which feels like an 80’s game even if its good like stellar blade and lies of P

Assassins creed is always a mid 80’s game at best.

Indiana jones, it’s done by machine games, they are good for high 8’s at best. Avowed is gonna be a low 80’s game. Outlaws is up in the air, but i doubt it’s like some big break out GOTY caliber title.

I guess we’ll have to see what else is left to be announced for this year after SGF and Xbox showcase but im not expecting a lot of major AAA surprises for this year

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Rebirth has my Game of the Year vote currently.

Just the grasslands were more exploration and content than midgar. The desserts & stuff, everything.

It's simply the game for me.

Reactions: arvfab

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I think its pretty realistic that Astro can win if it reviews as well as Rescue Mission. It Takes Two won it in 2021, which was a weak year, but this year is kind of weak also. It’s another year of solid 8’s

As of right now its WuKong, which feels like an 80’s game even if its good like stellar blade and lies of P

Assassins creed is always a mid 80’s game at best.

Indiana jones, it’s done by machine games, they are good for high 8’s at best. Avowed is gonna be a low 80’s game. Outlaws is up in the air, but i doubt it’s like some big break out GOTY caliber title.

I guess we’ll have to see what else is left to be announced for this year after SGF and Xbox showcase but im not expecting a lot of major AAA surprises for this year
Yeah, but there was no game like Rebirth in 2021. Astro can win the BAFTA GOTY if it reviews well. They seems to like those type of games. They gave GOTY to Vampire Survivors over Elden Ring.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think even if Astrobot is the best version of astrobot it can be Rebirth will still be my GotY. But I can see other people picking differently.

Reactions: TigerFang

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Rebirth will get it over astrobot 99% just to avoid giving it to a PS game not that rebirth is not deserving but the list goes like this multiplatform> nintendo exclusive> indie game> 3rd party exclusive> then at last PS 1st party. xbox exclusives not included because they are straight up garbage