Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

• 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
YMspzAa.jpeg

PklYLVN.png

uva9vlx1v3

mBNY75j.png

9d5qyyO.png

tUwNMN9.png

ComingSoon.net - Tyler Treese - 10 / 10

Filled with brilliant small touches that will leave a smile on your face, Astro Bot is one of the best 3D platformers ever made and a true celebration of gaming.

Console Creatures - Luke Williams - Essential

Team ASOBI again perfectly demonstrates why they are a first-party PlayStation Studio with Astro Bot. While the DualSense implementation is lovely, Astro Bot delivers on its promise of something we rarely see: straightforward, linear games that don't promise the world but deliver an experience that's out-of-this-world, astronomical fun. Every time I zipped through its glorious galaxy, I was joyful and excited throughout the playthrough. It's rare to feel so much joy today, but that's precisely what Astro Bot has provided.

Digitec Magazine - Domagoj Belancic - German - 5 / 5

Astro Bot impresses with its ingenious level design, detailed visual presentation and flawless controls. The game lets me feel every step, every jump and every attack with haptic feedback, visual feedback and sound effects. No other game feels so damn satisfying to control.
The game is bursting with original ideas in its level design and creative power-ups that deserve their own games. This perfect platformer package is rounded off by a host of guest appearances from well-known gaming legends and levels inspired by iconic PlayStation games. Astro Bot is a love letter to PlayStation history and a must-play for anyone who owns a PS5.

Echo Boomer - David Fialho - Portuguese - Essential

If there were any doubts, Astro Bot is the answer: PlayStation finally has a big exclusive platformer that can rival the charm and magic of Nintendo's Super Mario games.

Enternity.gr - Platon Peppas - Greek - 8 / 10

With Astro Bot we finally have a proper, complete release of a game from Team Asobi that has nothing to envy from other platformers.

Evilgamerz - Jeroen Janssen - Dutch - 10 / 10

Astro Bot takes the great inventive approach of the demo games and takes it to new heights. The result is fantastic and beautifully packaged in a full game with lots of surprises for Playstation fans. The game sounds nice and cheerful and looks fantastic. The game makes full use of all the features of the Playstation 5, game design is of the highest quality and the special powers are fresh and innovative. Astro Bot is a must-have for any Playstation 5 owner and it hasn't been since the Playstation 2 that Playstation has shown Nintendo how to make a 3D platformer.

GRYOnline.pl - Adam Zechenter - Polish - 8.5 / 10

Besides Nintendo there aren’n many companies developing big-budget platformers. Astro Bot is a part of a dying breed that delivers tons of pure dopamine shots. If games should first and foremost provide fun, then Astro Bot is a Game with a capital G.

GameBlast - Victor Vitório - Portuguese - 10 / 10

Astro Bot continues the good work of representing the history of PlayStation and opening smiles with countless adorable references, but it has much more than that to offer, being a fun, creative, dynamic and beautiful game in every detail, deserving a place in the pantheon of the best 3D platformers of all time.

Gameliner - Rudy Wijnberg - Dutch - 5 / 5

Astro Bot is a must-play that showcases the PlayStation 5's features with engaging gameplay, making it perfect for all ages.

IGN Korea - Jieun Koo - Korean - 9 / 10

The general intention of the development was to focus on easier difficulty, even if you never played platformers. So when players expect an easy and average game, they will be positively surprised by how thoughtful the experience would be. The intensity of details in the DualSense's haptic feedback and adaptive triggers allow some of the most dynamic gaming experiences ever. The players will be in for a ride for the 30 plus years of PlayStation titles and the console legacy, which were naturally blended within its gameplay.

Nerdburglars - Dan Hastings - 8.5 / 10

Astro Bot on PS5 is a delightful expansion of everything fans loved about Astro's Playroom, offering more levels, power-ups, and impressive DualSense features. The game showcases stunning visuals that fully utilize the PS5's hardware, making each level a visual spectacle. With sharp controls and creative level designs, Astro Bot provides a fun, polished platforming experience that’s both accessible and engaging for players of all ages. If you enjoyed the original, this game is a must-play.

Nexus Hub - Ryan Pretorius - 9 / 10

Astro Bot is an absolute must-play - Team Asobi delivers one of the most wildly creative and enjoyable PS5 games to date, packed with charm, sincerity and outstanding game design.

One More Game - Chris Garcia - 10 / 10

PlayStation has once again worked its magic, delivering a confident GOTY contender and one of the best experiences this year. Despite its simplicity, the game is supremely fun, and perhaps the highest compliment I can give is that you’ll play through the entire game with a smile on your face. Astro Bot proves that games do not need extremely bloated budgets and development times to succeed when you are laser-focused on fun and quality.

PPE.pl - Wojciech Gruszczyk - Polish - 10 / 10

This is more than a 3D platformer. It's a sentimental journey that will allow you to meet many old friends. Astro Bot is a real must have for PlayStation fans.

Rectify Gaming - Henry - 9.5 / 10

Team ASOBI did an outstanding job with Astro Bot, a delightful yet playful platformer that is sure to capture the hearts of many gamers and one that I found difficult to put down once I started playing. Its innovative use of the DualSense controller, stunning visual design, engaging audio, and charming narrative make it pure bliss to play and most definitely give Nintendo a run for their money!

Sirus Gaming - Lexuzze Tablante - 10 / 10

Astro Bot not only drives you back down memory lane, but it successfully captures your heart by bringing your beloved franchises into one, big adorable package that brings a lot of experiences back from the depths of our core memory. Astro Bot is lovable, charming, and most importantly, an incredible game.

TechRaptor - Andrew Stretch - 9.5 / 10

Astro Bot is a must-play title for anyone yearning for a classic 90s platformer and collect-a-thon. With vibrant levels and additional challenges, this game will be a blast for those of all skill levels. Fans of PlayStation since the PS1 will adore all of the references packed in.

Too Much Gaming - Carlos Hernandez - 5 / 5

Astro Bot is a phenomenal 3D platformer that elevates the PlayStation 5 experience with its charm, creativity, and engaging level design. From vibrant worlds to clever nods to PlayStation classics, every moment feels like a celebration of gaming. This is one adventure you won't want to miss—a true gem among PlayStation's recent offerings.

XGN.nl - Rox van der Helm - Dutch - 8.5 / 10

If you love PlayStation and its franchises, you will absolutely love this game. The levels are unique, and you will have a smile on your face the entire game. What a brilliant experience.

1DN1LMN.jpeg

Mod Note: Do not derail this thread.

Last edited:

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
low 90's to me, a good score to a game that will sell a botillion copies

Reactions: Sircaw

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I think it will get high 80's... But it will deserve 90+.

I can't underestimate some in the media to low-ball it, they want Mario to be untouchable. It's just a section of the media but their influence is felt.

I'm incredibly excited for the game though.
True. I think it’ll be better than odyssey even if it scores high 80s. If it’s low 90s I’m fully expecting this to be Galaxy tier .

Anything 93+ id be quite surprised tbh.

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
If it scores over 90. I think it will score closer to Wonder and 3D World, instead of Galaxy or Odyssey. I expect 9’s from big sites like IGN and GameSpot. I love Mario games, but they tend to get inflated a bit because of nostalgia and Mario’s iconic status. The gaming media can be weird. There might be some A hole reviewer that gives it a 7 just because it’s using old PS IP’s? Or because the game is too short. There already is an article from TheGamer, complaining about Astro using old PS IP’s. https://www.thegamer.com/astro-bot-isnt-a-celebration-its-a-graveyard/

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Yobo and The Icon

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Due to the PlayStation-tax, I guess it won't go over 90.

Hope to find a cheap used copy soon after launch in order to see for myself.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I was thinking 90 plus but then again I thought Astros Playroom deserved that considering it was a free pack in for 5 hours of content - yet a dozen reviewers gave it 7s like they'd spent $70 for it

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I was thinking 90 plus but then again I thought Astros Playroom deserved that considering it was a free pack in for 5 hours of content - yet a dozen reviewers gave it 7s like they'd spent $70 for it
Yeah, it made no sense at all. There are full blown games shorter, which gets proper score.

It was easily one of the best highlights of PS5 gen and excellent game.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly