Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 66-69%

• 70-74%

• 75-79%

• 80-84%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
That'll go to Wukong, probably. Scores don't really matter when selecting GOTY.

Love seeing Tassi pissed, the braindead troglodyte.

Wait, what is that moron’s issue with Astrobot?

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024

He had this little nugget in his write up on the reviews this morning:

"While everyone was hoping that Sony’s Astro Bot would be good, I’m not sure anyone was predicting what’s happened here."

No, Paul, I'm pretty sure *EVERYONE* predicted exactly what happened here.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

Lol Wukong is not getting GOTY and scores absolutely matter in GOTY

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Jez Corden is a piece of work:

I mean....fans have been literally begging for a new Banjo-Kazooie for like a decade. They've been completely ignored and Xbox has cratered as a brand. I don't blame Jez for being bitter.

Imagine if Phil and co. had released an Astro Bot-style Banjo-Kazooie refresh as a launch title for the XSX? They would probably be in a different place today.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm getting this on disc, because it's a crime not being able to share it with my friends.
Hello Bestie.

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Main reviews in Spanish:
  • Vandal: 95/100 (mainstream site) "Astro Bot is what deserves to be called a video game, and a beautiful homage to the history of PlayStation. It’s full of creativity and designed to surprise the player and let them have fun. A must have for PS5 owners.
  • 3Djuegos: Recommended (mainstream site): "Masterpiece of the genre. Team ASOBI's talent has finally flourished with ASTRO BOT, which has grown into a standout in its genre and a key title for PlayStation, becoming its most unlikely mascot. The game showcases excellent design, artistic and technical detail, and endless creative ideas that keep the gameplay fresh throughout. Its imaginative levels captivate from the start, offering challenges, secrets, and a universe that rivals the best in the genre. Overnight, ASTRO BOT has become a strong contender for Game of the Year."
  • Meristation: 10/10 (mainstream site) "Astro Bot is one of the best platformer games ever made. It is a wonderful package that invest everything for the joy of the player. A love letter not only to PlayStation, but for the whole videogame history."
  • Hobby Consolas: 92/100 (mainstream, back in the day top selling printed magazine) "Astro Bot is the celebration of 30 years of video games on PlayStation, a tribute that does not remain only in nostalgia or the easy wink: there is room for the great sagas and hits, but also for forgotten games, and all are gathered around a great and no less fun platform game, that feels like it will be a classic in a not very distant future."
  • Eurogamer.es (mainstream): essential "An absolute delight of design, full of originality and care, that stands out as a platformer but also as a tribute to video games."
  • AnaitGames (indie focused Nintendo fans): 10/10 "Astro Bot is an extraordinary video game. Just as some consider Astro’s Playroom the best game on PlayStation 5, there will be those who regard Astro Bot as the best game of 2024, and I can’t deny it. It’s incredibly fun, exciting, and clever—combining technology and art, with an irresistibly joyful gameplay experience (you even blow into the controller, like in the good old days!). Astro Bot is a necessary reminder that video games, and by extension PlayStation, can represent creativity, craftsmanship, and pure play. While confirmation was needed, it’s reassuring to see that, yes, Astro Bot is a "true" video game. Asobi is far more than a studio specialized in tech demos; it could, and perhaps should, be a creative spearhead for PlayStation."
  • Areajugones (not very credible, sometimes reviewed games that apparently didn't played or completed etc): 93/100 "Astro has been a well known representative of the PlayStation brand for quite a few years now. Nevertheless, Astro Bot is the confirmation of the little guy as the go-to platforming experience within PlayStation, even on par with legends such a Super Mario. "

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
A new classic is born! Finally some nice anal cleansing for Hermen Hulst 😒

I know I voted 95-100 on the poll but it wasn't serious. 94 is beyond my wildest dreams. Team Asobi knocked it out of the park!

The feel-good story of the year after this terrible week. Sony really need to use Astrobot everywhere like it's their Mario 😁