Astrobot trailer receives 99% likes, while Concord trailer only gets 18% - VGC

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Well...

the-robot-in-concord-has-pronouns-v0-f78_jdBlPgT7i9svyheAimb6RZs_g1S7PO8Yr31BI5U.jpg

- A robot that uses pronouns in his bio.

- In a roster with 9 humans, 5 are black women and 2 are hispanic women.

- A studio that claims to "believe in a sustainable approach to game development". Proceeds to develop a PvP live service game that, like all other live service games, has a one in a thousand chances of success.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Yeah Concord looks like a safe Marvel-esque games, but let's see what gameplay is like. Surely story and graphics/art style are even less important in a live service game.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I don't know whether concord will succeed or not but I don't think that game is for us boomers and boomer adjacent crowd. They are going for the fortnite, pubg crowd with this

Reactions: Zzero and Hezekiah

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I don't know whether concord will succeed or not but I don't think that game is for us boomers and boomer adjacent crowd. They are going for the fortnite, pubg crowd with this
I'd say being more specific they are going for the Valorant, Rainbow Six Siege maybe a bit of Apex Legends and specially Overwatch audience considering this game is:
  • 5 vs 5 squad/team based MP
  • Hero, arena, tactical shooter
  • FPS GaaS
  • Futuristic fantasy but somehow realistic setting
I think they will take advantage of Valorant not being in consoles, Rainbow Six Siege being on their sunseting stage after so many years running and Overwatch 2 having had a troublesome transition from 1 to 2 having so many unhappy players.

I know several woke/feminist activists were fans of Overwatch when I never saw playing any other shooter, so I assume the woke part of it appealed to them and maybe this is what Sony is chasing in this game in particular.

I assume thaat on top of this, since Marvel stuff and narrative cinematics work very well for Sony games, they tried to keep some Guardians of the Galaxy vibe weekly cutscenes as reward for weekly engagement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zzero

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I didn't really think Helldivers stood a chance and its probably Sony's most successful/suprising launch since Spiderman 1, so I wouldn't count Concord out.

But I also said that about Foamstars, which was totally stillborn so ehh.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I didn't really think Helldivers stood a chance and its probably Sony's most successful/suprising launch since Spiderman 1, so I wouldn't count Concord out.

But I also said that about Foamstars, which was totally stillborn so ehh.

I can say that helldiver's humor and focus on laughing at the plot and not taking things serious was one big hook for me.

I can bet you I know exactly how Concord’s writers look like and what their agenda is.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
People bring foamstars like some kinda of lesson. Foamstar is the most uninspired game I’ve seen. This game on the other hand looks miles better than overwatch and valorant. And I’m saying this as someone who don’t care about these type of games

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Well...

the-robot-in-concord-has-pronouns-v0-f78_jdBlPgT7i9svyheAimb6RZs_g1S7PO8Yr31BI5U.jpg

- A robot that uses pronouns in his bio.

- In a roster with 9 humans, 5 are black women and 2 are hispanic women.

- A studio that claims to "believe in a sustainable approach to game development". Proceeds to develop a PvP live service game that, like all other live service games, has a one in a thousand chances of success.
Sustainable approach to game development. Goes ahead and invest in two completely unnecessary CGI trailers.

Maybe their target demographic is black and Hispanic women that are into 5vs5 shooters, that is definitely an untapped market.

People bring foamstars like some kinda of lesson. Foamstar is the most uninspired game I’ve seen. This game on the other hand looks miles better than overwatch and valorant. And I’m saying this as someone who don’t care about these type of games
You would not be saying that if this wasn't a Sony game. Please stop the cap. Were you also hyped for Hyenas and Fairgame$?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sustainable approach to game development. Goes ahead and invest in two completely unnecessary CGI trailers.

Maybe their target demographic is black and Hispanic women that are into 5vs5 shooters, that is definitely an untapped market.

You would not be saying that if this wasn't a Sony game. Please stop the cap. Were you also hyped for Hyenas and Fairgame$?
Damn, y'all really giving this game a hard time for no reason.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Damn, y'all really giving this game a hard time for no reason.
It's getting the same treatment as Overwatch or Valorant got, I'm not the one being inconsistent.

I never played a single second of those games and neither will I play a second of this garbage. This is not the type of game I was expecting when I bought a PS5.

Reactions: arvfab

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
One is a game designed by people who know what a game should be.
The other is a game developed by DEI tick-box committee who have no idea what a game is.

Sony should take note; more astrobot, less hero shooter.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

Where did I mention I’m hyped for this generic garbage?
Tell me the straight face the graphics in this game doesn’t look better than over watch and valorant. Fucking annoying every time you say something “it’s just because it’s Sony game” to say that you would assume I buy anything they make 🤡