Astrobot trailer receives 99% likes, while Concord trailer only gets 18% - VGC

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I think this game will be dead within 6 months of its release, if not dead, doing very low numbers.

And are they expecting people to pay money to purchase this? Surely, it needs to be free to play, with selling cosmetics/skin to make money.
I think it will come to if the game is F2P or not & whether the gameplay is fun has a good rank & good cadence content update.

Ultimately Sony will have to pull some finesse the beta needs to be received amazing even making it a open beta so people can stop calling the game a overwatch clone & instead a 5v5 hero shooter more inline w destiny/cod with multiple modes.

They should’ve showcase the many modes & rank mode aswell in the showcase also possible weapon/level progression will there be a COD style prestige system? Don’t know much from the game outside the base gameplay

Also part of the hate is coming from Sony fans not seeing any major singleplayer game in the showcase & annoyed Sony took a chance in a risky live service game instead of a singleplayer game or a killzone/tlou live service. Mind you the TLOU online live service was going to be a battle royale from the leaks now that would’ve been dead. There’s 4 established battle royal PUBG, Warzone, Fortnite & Apex there’s no room for a 5th

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
People bring foamstars like some kinda of lesson. Foamstar is the most uninspired game I’ve seen. This game on the other hand looks miles better than overwatch and valorant. And I’m saying this as someone who don’t care about these type of games
Foamstars is a game made by new hires of Square Enix, the game hardly must have had a budget more than 30 million. Concord looks like a polished 150+ million production. The chances of this succeeding is 10% and for Sony's sake I hope they find success but clearly this game is not for the enthusiast demographic

Reactions: SLB1904

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I'm not one of those anti woke people and I like diversity in games, but 5 out of the 9 human characters being black women isn't even diversity, it's just pandering. And it's pathetic, as well as having pronouns in the character select screen. What a joke, these 2 games perfectly highlight the contrast in east and west game development philosophies.

Purely from a gameplay standpoint it looks generic and boring, but with all this other forced political nonsense, it's probably doa. I can't believe Sony chose this over Factions 2.

Can't wait for Astrobot though 😁🔥

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Concord isnt for me, but Sony needs to try making MP and 1st person shooters. Try different genres. Let me them.
Some of you act like Playstation only releases MP games. Whereas they did more MP games on the PS3 then they done on PS4 and PS5.

Plus after Helldivers 2, it might be a good game.

If they fail, they learn from it and either try making a MP from an older IP (Killzone, Resistence etc)
If it succeeded, another successful IP, plus its a different genre

Im day one for Astro. Might buy Concord, Im more of a PVE person when it comes to MP but if there is some story elements Ill try Concord

Last edited:

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Concord:

- Cringe Humor
- Live Service
- Forced Diversity
- Same game as Destiny

Astrobot:

- Relaxing
- Fun
- Celebrates Playstation
- Creative

I dont know why they are even surprised. This will be Bleeding Edge 2.0
green people are now forced diversity?
GIF by Dragon Ball Super

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
Wait, let me get this straight. Bungie checked out the Factions game from Naughty Dog and Concord and decided that Factions is the one which is not promising enough?

And don’t let me get started to talk about Fairgames from Haven. Another ultra generic shooter.

I’m calling it, both of these studios will get closed in the next 3/4 years. Or their budget will be drastically reduced.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Of course @ToTTenTranz would have an issue with black and Hispanic people in a video game. This is the same type of person perfectly fine with publishers ass-fisting them with hundreds of dollars in overpriced digital garbage, or being a free beta tester for a game stuck 5 years in early beta.

But having some blacks and Latinos in a game? Nah that's the real and only problem with AAA gaming these days...apparently 🤣

Concord:

- Cringe Humor
- Live Service
- Forced Diversity
- Same game as Destiny

Was Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door restoring the trans character from the Japanese version also forced diversity?

I see the losers have chosen their next two pawns in the braincell-destroying culture war games. Don't you just love weaponization and ironically forcing politics into gaming thinking you're combating other people forcing politics into gaming? 🤣

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Concord is at 90% dislikes now lmao
What happened to you? Saw you were banned.

Also, lol at Concord. Honestly, don't they have some internal review processes for these games? How come no one saw the game will have poor reception? The game looks to be DOA.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Also, lol at Concord. Honestly, don't they have some internal review processes for these games? How come no one saw the game will have poor reception? The game looks to be DOA.

Apperntly Sony saw this game and decided to buy the entire company, which makes me really question their leadership

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Wait, let me get this straight. Bungie checked out the Factions game from Naughty Dog and Concord and decided that Factions is the one which is not promising enough?

And don’t let me get started to talk about Fairgames from Haven. Another ultra generic shooter.

I’m calling it, both of these studios will get closed in the next 3/4 years. Or their budget will be drastically reduced.

Like I said. I can’t believe Hulst bought this studio without proving themselves first.

Reactions: Evil Aloy

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man if this game is a hit by chance there will be a lot humble pie eating going around, fence sitters like me are safe who make fun of the game and praise some aspects of it in equal measure :ROFLMAO:

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
It is a questionable decision
How about we wait a bit. The game is coming out in August. Other than the pandering I really don’t see nothing wrong with it. If over watch is your thing I’ll probably like this to

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
How about we wait a bit. The game is coming out in August. Other than the pandering I really don’t see nothing wrong with it. If over watch is your thing I’ll probably like this to

Problem being, Overwatch is free, Finals are free, Xdefiant is fee….countless others are free and I’m not one to even play those. Expecting upfront cash on a multiplayer only game seems almost fantasy to be honest. In an already over saturated market where more games die out the gate than survive….

I don’t even feel the need to evangelise a message of boycott on paying for multi only games, I know it’s sent out to die before it even materialises.

Edit: the message will become all to apparent soon enough and it will be a monthly ps+ game like that silly car one they did where they tried preselling at full game price. 😂

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Problem being, Overwatch is free, Finals are free, Xdefiant is fee….countless others are free and I’m not one to even play those. Expecting upfront cash on a multiplayer only game seems almost fantasy to be honest. In an already over saturated market where more games die out the gate than survive….

I don’t even feel the need to evangelise a message of boycott on paying for multi only games, I know it’s sent out to die before it even materialises.

Edit: the message will become all to apparent soon enough and it will be a monthly ps+ game like that silly car one they did where they tried preselling at full game price. 😂
We heard the same thing helldivers 2 how it should be free and stuff. But again. These aren’t my type of games. So I never know how these things pan out.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Again I put this blame on Sony. They Beta should have been ready to go immediately after the SOP. So little is still know about the game but now an obvious smear campaign has taken place around this game.