Astrobot trailer receives 99% likes, while Concord trailer only gets 18% - VGC

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
We heard the same thing helldivers 2 how it should be free and stuff. But again. These aren’t my type of games. So I never know how these things pan out.
Helldivers is a coop Campaign game it must be noted

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It would be so much better single player. But oh well
If it had a single player mode, it would of been received much better. I dont know how long they have developed for and how big the staff is, but they should of definitely considered it

Reactions: SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Helldivers is a coop Campaign game it must be noted
Tbf I knew it would be amazing cause I put over 40h of n the first one with some peeps from old gaf. I just didn’t know was going to be popular

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Wow the top comments on Concord's gameplay trailer are brutal.

Just call it "Modern Audience: The Game"
I know Sony gets alot of hate. But Personally, I dont think they get enough of it.
Finally, Overwatch 0.5
-How generic you want your game?
-Yes
My pronouns are Not/Buying
Its like someone sucked all the ESG out of every game released in 2023 and injected it into this one.

Thankfully there's like... dozens of people willing to pander to corporations' ESG diversity I mean buy innovative and imaginative games.

Of course @ToTTenTranz would have an issue with black and Hispanic people in a video game. This is the same type of person perfectly fine with publishers ass-fisting them with hundreds of dollars in overpriced digital garbage, or being a free beta tester for a game stuck 5 years in early beta.

Imagine the absolute mental retardation in accusing another user of having issues with skin colors without knowing what skin color they have, and then proceeding to project their own self-ass-fisting defending corporate forced diversity by committee for easy ESG money.

Let's just hope there's at least a cheque being cleared to compensate for the lube cringe.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Imagine the absolute mental retardation in accusing another user of having issues with skin colors without knowing what skin color they have,

I don't care what color you are, you miscreant.

and then proceeding to project their own self-ass-fisting defending corporate forced diversity by committee for easy ESG money.

Dummy, I'm not defending anything. I dislike politics getting crammed into places it doesn't belong, too.

I'm just not as anal about it as you or certain other people here (or in this hobby, many as hanger-ons), and I don't use my dislike for that stuff as an excuse to mask thinly-veiled animosity and hate at people who ultimately aren't the ones funding and producing the stuff with these forced political

Guess that's the benefit of having a mental state not stuck in late '00s teen edgelord angst, eh?

Let's just hope there's at least a cheque being cleared to compensate for the lube cringe.

You seem to know a lot about fisting, almost as if it's a hobby of yours. You like shoving it down people's throats, too, y'know like your political views?

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I dislike politics getting crammed into places it doesn't belong, too.

Sure you do. Which is why you're fighting tooth and nail to defend 80% representation of darker skinned women in the game's roster.
Makes total sense if you really think about it.

I don't use my dislike for that stuff as an excuse to mask thinly-veiled animosity and hate at people who ultimately aren't the ones funding and producing the stuff with these forced political

Oh yes, I'm totally masking my thinly-veiled animosity and hate at people like.. checks notes... imaginary characters in a videogame.
Those goddamn rasterized pixels...

You like shoving it down people's throats, too
Not everyone's. Only yours.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Inappropriate language
Sure you do. Which is why you're fighting tooth and nail to defend 80% representation of darker skinned women in the game's roster.
Makes total sense if you really think about it.

If I gave even half a shit about that as you want to desperately imagine I do, I'd have a ResetERA account and do it there. And noticing BS points from people like you doesn't mean I can't notice a forced agenda when it shows itself.

I just do this thing called "getting the facts" and "gathering evidence" before doing so. Meanwhile the lot of you jump around pointing fingers shouting "ESG DEI!!" the moment there's more than one darker-skinned character in a game or you see one that isn't a stereotype.

And you lot do that for virtually every single minority character in a game now. You'll even change the criteria just to use the game as a soapbox for your politicalized takes. The problem with people like you, is now your Overton Window is so narrow, you instinctively see anything that's even a tiny bit outside of your preferred range as symbolic of an entire ideology you've both made your enemy, and ironically built your identity around.

So fundamentally, you're no different than the far-left extremists who react the same way, only towards straight cis white hetero male characters. And just like them, apparently "representation matters" after all to people like you, too. But at least the other ones openly admit it, even if it's bullshit no matter who's saying it. You even weaponize entertainment for your stupid culture war just like they do, as well.

You're just mad I don't buy into the idea you're "fighting the good fight", because there is no fight. It's just a bunch of woke & anti-woke crybabies who never mentally developed past the age of 15, seeing who's the bigger moron online.

Oh yes, I'm totally masking my thinly-veiled animosity and hate at people like.. checks notes... imaginary characters in a videogame.
Those goddamn rasterized pixels...

More disingenuous BS from a complete coward who's afraid to reconcile that their views on those "rasterized pixels", are consciously & subconsciously driven by views they have of real people they equate those "rasterized pixels" as representations of.

To not even understand your own psyche or tendencies. Sad.

Not everyone's. Only yours.

It's Pride Month, buddy. So go join the parade...or go to some S&M club in Germany. I don't care. Just keep your fist over there, okay?

@Sircaw Just seen your post. Okay from here on, no more in that back-and-forth from me.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Ahh sheesh just as this was getting interesting
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

I nearly had new category for a new fighting category , Sadly Yurinka and Ookami are taking a breather before the next round of the chat gpt championship

The people demand to be entertained
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

• haha
Reactions: Umar

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Sustainable approach to game development. Goes ahead and invest in two completely unnecessary CGI trailers.

Digital Foundry had their take on the CGI trailer as well:

(timestamped)

Basically, unlike what we had 20 years ago we're now in a time where CGI trailers aren't that much better than what we can do in real-time rasterization.

So while in e.g. the original Final Fantasy VII we had CGI videos with decent quality that would then transition to the blocky assets the PS1 could show at the time, nowadays we see the CGI videos and then in real-time we see a slightly shittier version of the same assets in a shittier-looking environment. It just makes the real-time stuff look bad in comparison.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Digital Foundry had their take on the CGI trailer as well:

(timestamped)

Basically, unlike what we had 20 years ago we're now in a time where CGI trailers aren't that much better than what we can do in real-time rasterization.

So while in e.g. the original Final Fantasy VII we had CGI videos with decent quality that would then transition to the blocky assets the PS1 could show at the time, nowadays we see the CGI videos and then in real-time we see a slightly shittier version of the same assets in a shittier-looking environment. It just makes the real-time stuff look bad in comparison.
CGI in 2024 is inexcusable unless it's something you really couldn't pull off in game. For this type of game it's even worse and the most insulting thing of all is that it also sucked.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Ahh sheesh just as this was getting interesting
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

I nearly had new category for a new fighting category , Sadly Yurinka and Ookami are taking a breather before the next round of the chat gpt championship

The people demand to be entertained
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF
it's a pity we can't just settle all this with a round of mortal combat.

mortal kombat 90s GIF

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I would like to know if this applies to when I see this post, or to when I pretend to see this post after being a fucking coward who makes a gigantic piece of turd post composed of insults to the other party.
I have asked everyone to relax before the personal attacks get out of hand; we are all adults here and should know our limits.

You two are big enough, ugly enough, and reasonable enough to know when to walk away.

If you have genuine grievances, please feel free to use the report function.

Let's keep the chat friendly and discussions moving forward.

Peace
xxxxx

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Love to see people calling "CGI trailers" when the fucking gameplay is also "CGI". Can we at least use proper terminology like "pre-rendered trailers"?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Love to see people calling "CGI trailers" when the fucking gameplay is also "CGI". Can we at least use proper terminology like "pre-rendered trailers"?
Well, pre-rendered lets people cheat and use "in-engine" trailers as non-prerendered. Because disabling all of the NPC AI and pre-choosing which exact camera angle to use is so comparable to a game's real performance.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
"CGI" is a term that has always been colloquially used by game developers, publishers, press, etc. to mean "offline rendered".

For example:
It not uncommon to start a campaign with a CGI trailer that reveals the setting of a game and subtly hints at the game experience — and the Dead Island short film does that perfectly,” said Deep Silver’s Georg Larch. “I think gamers are well aware that a CGI teaser trailer is not intended to be a 100% duplication of gameplay.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Man, even the music of this game is Overwatch copy. I can't believe Sony would ever go this low.
I cannot predict if this game will fail or succeed. These games are generally shitty, but some fail and some succeed. It's totally random