MetaCritic - 73/100 - Xbox Series X - 13 Reviews

aHNrsKC.jpg

MetaCritic - 75/100 - PlayStation 5 - 25 Reviews

jdEaCVb.jpg

MetaCritic - 78/100 - PC - 15 Reviews

HAMCjUf.jpg

Critic Reviews​

AltChar - Asmir Kovacevic - 68 / 100
Atomic Heart may be summarised in a single statement as a game with amazing ideas but lousy execution. I cannot say that Atomic Heart is a bad game, it's just that I expected a lot more from it, and as a result, I got disappointed.
Cerealkillerz - Nick Erlenhof - German - 8.4 / 10
Atomic Heart looks great and the overall design is amazing. From the extensive environments over some small ideas, every works really well. Also the gameplay elements shines with a lots of variety in combinations that don't need to hide behind the games that inspired them. Some tedious collecting, unbalanced swarms of enemies and the only "ok" story scratch the paint of this well thought out art piece.
Enternity.gr - Giannis Archontidis - Greek - 8 / 10
Atomic Heart is a title that seems to have been made with care, with its shortcomings only focusing on the parkour which is not often required, the character movement and with a bigger problem the English voice acting
MonsterVine - Diego Escala - 4 / 5
Despite the questionably tasteless tone its narrative takes at times, there’s a lot of fun to be had with Atomic Heart.
One More Game - Vincent Ternida - Wait
Atomic Heart is a mixed bag of weird design choices and gameplay mechanics, and while the combat loop is satisfying when everything comes together, there’s also a lot of jank that comes along with it.
Several parts of Atomic Heart feel like they’ve been made to be unnecessarily complicated, adding layers of interaction that do not feel fun. The game does look very pretty, and the world and its inhabitants are interestingly unique, but the payoff at the end is predictable and ultimately disappointing.
Given a chance, Atomic Heart is a frenetic first-person shooter with a great visual style and some set pieces that pack a punch. Yet just like its overwrought themes and its poor attempt at profound existential exploration, they feel ultimately superficial and shaky.
PowerUp! - Leo Stevenson - Unscored
So far, Atomic Heart is a solid spin on the BioShock formula though it does seem to be a little lacking in cohesion. I'm not quite sure whether a more open-world approach really suits this style of gameplay and I'm not quite sold on the combat or the way it's been implemented. That being said, I'm still enjoying it and am looking forward to finishing it, so that's always a good sign.
Stay tuned as we update our review and give Atomic Heart a final score over the next couple of days.
TechRaptor - Samuel Guglielmo - 5 / 10
Atomic Heart has some fun combat and a soundtrack that absolutely slaps. Unfortunately, it's glitchy, has a terrible open world, becomes a slog in the late game, and has the most aggressively awful writing I've ever seen.
We Got This Covered - David Morgan - 4 / 5
Atomic Heart is, most surprisingly, exactly what I expected. Its biggest strengths are the ones that treat the eyes, but great writing and exploration are welcome in an otherwise overstretched experience.
XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 8.4 / 10
Atomic Heart is an excellent game, and it’s an incredible debut title from Mundfish. Clever storytelling, massive set pieces, fun combat, and more make this one easy to recommend. Hell, it’s on Game Pass Day One, so go pre-install it already and enjoy this ridiculous ride.
eXputer - Huzaifah Durrani - 4 / 5
While the narrative leaves a lot to be desired, Atomic Heart is nonetheless a great FPS set in a beautifully realized Soviet setting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

I wonder if this game will get stealth bad reviews, because the dev is part of the team 'on the wrong side history' during #current trend.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I wonder if this game will get stealth bad reviews, because the dev is part of the team 'on the wrong side history' during #current trend.

That is no doubt a factor for many hacks in the industry. Can’t wait for Wired’s review. I’m sure it asks for another 100 billion to fuel a proxy war in the last sentence.

Gonna have to wait for actual real gamers to give impressions. I trust Skillup mostly tho.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
75 sounds good to me. I'll pick this and ishin up once I finish up Wild Hearts.

Reactions: EN250

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Xbox ERA 8.4 out of 10 lol.

Atomic Heart is an excellent game, and it’s an incredible debut title from Mundfish. Clever storytelling, massive set pieces, fun combat, and more make this one easy to recommend. Hell, it’s on Game Pass Day One, so go pre-install it already and enjoy this ridiculous ride.

Is anyone thinking what I am thinking?

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You know it's Meta score is higher than Days Gone, a game that this forum loves and adores ;)

Days Gone was the only 1st party game I couldnt finish. It was average with some decent gameplay loops, but overall Bend showed they are not on the level of the other WWS Studios.
Well I didnt play concrete genie either

• angry
  • fire
Reactions: EN250 and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Days Gone was the only 1st party game I couldnt finish. It was average with some decent gameplay loops, but overall Bend showed they are not on the level of the other WWS Studios.
Well I didnt play concrete genie either
I really liked days gone, bar the last act which made the game feel way too long.

Also, there were too many bugs and glitches in it, From a technical, polish, and quality title, 100% agree with you on not the same level as other sony studios

I saw flying zombies, and supersonic wolves and even got stuck inside the fabric of a tent with some sort of strange no-clip error.

• Surprised
Reactions: EN250 and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I really liked days gone, bar the last act which made the game feel way too long.

Also, there were too many bugs and glitches in it, From a technical, polish, and quality title, 100% agree with you on not the same level as other sony studios

I saw flying zombies, and supersonic wolves and even got stuck inside the fabric of a tent with some sort of strange no-clip error.

Yeah it was decent but I played it after going through a bunch of games like Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman, TLOU2 etc. Wasn’t as delicious as those games, Melee, Combat, attention to detail etc. Voice acting and facial animations though were better than more studios worldwide

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Agreed, also it looks like some people don't realize that this is actually a multiplatform game, not a console exclusive.

So it really doesn't matter if a platform exclusive site gives it a good score, it reflects on all the versions unless one of them is severely broken like Bayonetta PS3.
Yep agree, I just get seriously worried about games when I hear the words, overheating problem, that shit should never ever happen.

I don't even think a game should be released anywhere if that is an issue.

Besides, there have been so many excellent games this year that have already been released,

Reactions: EN250

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

And yet the reviewers were more hung up on the main character being a straight white male than any glitches or pacing issues…

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
We're talking about meta scores fishy!

This is an under rated gem

3lei5b.png

-

and this is game pass financed mediocrity

Ou0jZbv.png

1f921.png
1f30d.png
The opposite... Days Gone has design issues and at launch had several bug issues.
Deserved the Meta.

Now sites giving high scores to a game that is a bug festival is indeed "interesting".

P

peter42O

i will not risk my system buy buying a game that has been touted as having or causing overheating problems. Would you?

Which game? And this has to do with Skill Up? Please elaborate.

P

peter42O

The game that is the name of this Thread.

I did not mention skill up, you brought him into the conversation with me.

@adamsapple said that the game was causing heating issues.

You quoted my entire post so that's why I mentioned Skill Up. As for Atomic Heart, probably needs a patch or two to resolve the heating issues.