August Circana: PS 5 was the best-selling hardware platform in both unit and dollar sales during Aug, Xbox dbl digits down trailing second.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Hope that PS5 will outsell XS in September because Starfield and its hype. That would quite a moment. Just like it was when PS4 outsold Xbone during Titanfall launch and all that mega hype ( Xbone bundle was even discounted to 450$ back then )

I thought ffx hd came wayyyy before the ps4. I vivdly remember replaying it but dont remember have a ps4 at the time, which i got at launch.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Hope that PS5 will outsell XS in September because Starfield and its hype. That would quite a moment. Just like it was when PS4 outsold Xbone during Titanfall launch and all that mega hype ( Xbone bundle was even discounted to 450$ back then )

The chances of Xbox outsell PS5 in September are pretty mininum.
Sony has even Spider-man special bundle that should mover at least some ks.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Or more…

Spider-Man.
Call of Duty.
EA Sports.
Baldur’s Gate.
Assassins Creed.
Mortal Kombat.
Starfield.
Super Mario Bros. Wonder.
Lord of Fallen.
NBA 2K24.
F-Zero 99

I think there a few more that will enter that TOP20.

Hopefully not, FFXVI deserves to be up there in the top 10 sales.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Or more…

Spider-Man.
Call of Duty.
EA Sports.
Baldur’s Gate.
Assassins Creed.
Mortal Kombat.
Starfield.
Super Mario Bros. Wonder.
Lord of Fallen.
NBA 2K24.
F-Zero 99

I think there a few more that will enter that TOP20.

F-ZERO 99? I think that’s subscription to Nintendo online only right?

Super Mario RPG remake will do huge numbers also. There’s a big win for square in that one too

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Xbox second place in August. That’s all the trolls need to hear to say Xbox is stepping on PS’ toes now.
That double digits sales fall will not help them, this is not like the series consoles were released in 2016 or they had a Mario game coming down.

They're willing to just wait until next month for the true sales bump to happen with all this good word of mouth:
- not as buggy as other Bethesda games
- it gets better after you do new game + 20 times
- space exploration without the space, or the exploration
- GoTG! (You can't argue with an acronym like that)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
F-ZERO 99? I think that’s subscription to Nintendo online only right?

Super Mario RPG remake will do huge numbers also. There’s a big win for square in that one too
I did not know… I just tried to list the ones I remembered.

IMO the chances to FFXVI stay in TOP20 are small… if it enters it will be like 19th or 20th.
But there are more like Super Mario RPG.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Huh? You think it'll fall another 10 spots??
Absolutely, with the upcoming games like Spiderman 2, Super Mario Bros Wonder, BG3, COD 2023, MK1, NBA2K, Starfield, EA FC 24, AC Mirage, SMRPG, LOTF, and etc.

Similar thing will happen in Europe and Japan where FF XVI won't be in the top selling chart by the end of the year.

A new mainline game used to be a juggernaut back then but now it's not much bigger than games like Pikmin and Kirby thanks to the lack of growth in this modern generation.

Kirby and the forgotten land is going to sell more than FFXVI on PS5 and the end of both games lifetime.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

The sale in USA started in August for 2 weeks I think and Mat said they were up YOY in units. Is that not good enough?

This David Gibson, isn't he the guy working with Takashi from Bloomberg? It seems like he's just another Sony hater, spinning the numbers to make it doom and gloom.

Worry about Starfield and Xbox instead. How come there's no articles about any of it.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The sale in USA started in August for 2 weeks I think and Mat said they were up YOY in units. Is that not good enough?

This David Gibson, isn't he the guy working with Takashi from Bloomberg? It seems like he's just another Sony hater, spinning the numbers to make it doom and gloom.

Worry about Starfield and Xbox instead. How come there's no articles about any of it.

If you look into his bio, he runs Tech section for MST

Screenshot 2023-09-16 163419.png

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Even Gran Turismo 7 got a boost with PS5 sales.

F6Em-kAa0AAwZi5

A new entry in the year to date racking.
And FFXVI couldn't pass Dead Inland 2 even after 3 months.

F6EnB0aaIAAPiL5
Holy shit, look at Armored Core in the yearly!

Reactions: Danja1187