Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Official Review Thread.

What do you think it will score?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1701454772815.png

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is an upcoming open world action-adventure game based on the Avatar film series developed by Massive Entertainment and published by Ubisoft.The game is scheduled to release for PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S on December 7, 2023.

The Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora review embargo will likely lift on Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Trailers:

Previews:

Reviews:

1701862270234.png

1701862390768.png

GameSpot
8 / 10
Destructoid
9 / 10
Shacknews
5 / 10
God is a Geek
8.5 / 10
VideoGamer
8 / 10
GamingTrend
80 / 100
Gameblog
7 / 10
Press Start
7 / 10

Critic Reviews​

Atarita - Eren Eroğlu - Turkish - 75 / 100
Despite the fact that Avatar Frontiers of Pandora manages to captivate the player from the very first minute with its masterfully designed world, it misses its great potential by having serious shortcomings within itself.

But Why Tho? - Kate Sanchez - 8 / 10
Even with its faults, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is a stunning visual achievement, much like the films on which it's inspired. Only here, a rich narrative pulls you deep into the Na'vi and explores more tangible means of fighting back against a colonial power that offers a cathartic experience... Blow up a pipeline, save an animal, and explore the vast world of Pandora. That's a heck of a way to close out a year.

Cultured Vultures - Jimmy Donnellan - 6 / 10
While it has some novel ideas, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora's extremely repetitive quest design, underwhelming progression, and wholly monotonous gear system make it one of the most forgettable open world games of 2023.

Destructoid - Steven Mills - 9 / 10
If you walked away from Avatar wishing a world like Pandora actually existed out there, here you go. This is that world. Seeing Pandora is one thing, but being able to scale its massive treetops, soar high above its floating mountains on an Ikran, and traverse its wide open plains on the back of a Direhorse is really something special. This is the best version of Avatar yet.

GGRecon - Dani Cross - 3 / 5
There are lots of design choices I didn’t mesh with in Frontiers of Pandora. I love the world, but barriers blocked me from fully immersing myself in it, and it’s littered with activities and outposts plucked straight out of the 2010s and planted in Pandora’s soil.

Gamer Guides - Ben Chard - 80 / 100
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is a gorgeous open-world adventure that, despite having some similarities to Ubisoft’s own Far Cry, has its own identity that begs you to explore every nook and cranny. That exploration won’t be for everyone, but for those of you tired of having your hands held, there’s a lot to see, do, and enjoy.

Geek Culture - Jake Su - 7.8 / 10
As far as we are concerned, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is more than a serviceable open-world action-adventure experience, made better for fans who cannot get enough of James Cameron’s masterful sci-fi franchise. That said, for an adventure on a distant moon, it continually hints at a potential to do things differently and with a dose of freshness, but retreats into well-trodden territory to bring us crashing back to Earth. There is always going to be a fascination with the Na’vi, but you just might find yourself backing the RDA this time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnittedKnight

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
83% on PlayStation. 96% on Windows Central.

Art Love GIF by Trippyogi

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Of their games keep getting reception like this, I doubt ubisoft will be independent for much longer.

I could see Tencent buying them.

Reactions: KnittedKnight