Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Official Review Thread.

What do you think it will score?

• Total voters

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
They are very middling, mediocre level. They really need to switch shit up and stop focusing so much on open world, fetch quest bs.
I remember a time when they had real variety, when Splinter Cell was its own thing with a very specific feel to the gameplay.

Back then Assassins Creed was really their only big open world game but it hadn't reached the levels of bloat that have been seen in recent entries.

Where is Rayman gone?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
My review in Spanish (6/10). Definitely one of the most boring games I've played in years: https://www.pcmrace.com/2023/12/06/avatar-frontiers-of-pandora-pc-review/

In the review there are fifteen 4K screenshots at max settings and a DLSS Vs FSR 3 image comparison (FSR3 looks on par with DLSS and works quite well in this game.).

afop.exe-Screenshot-2023.12.04-02.08.09.99.jpg

Afop-Screenshot-2023.11.30-01.35.19.78.jpg

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I really liked the trailer for this game. I think it was in the last SOP?

I preordered it on physical but I can already see it half-price for the Christmas sale. I'll think about it tonight if I go pick it up or not 🫤

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Bland and casual gameplay, uninspired storytelling and tedious tasks. There's nothing good about this game and its mechanics (it's a watered-down version of a Far Cry game). Every steep you take is a snorefest.
As a reference, are you the type of player who likes Far Cry, AC, Watchdogs / other open world Ubisoft games?

Do you think his one is at similar quality level or noticiably below them?

without having played it seems an Avatar themed reskin of Far Cry.

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
As a reference, are you the type of player who likes Far Cry, AC, Watchdogs / other open world Ubisoft games?

Do you think his one is at similar quality level or noticiably below them?

without having played it seems an Avatar themed reskin of Far Cry.
I played all AC, Far Cry and WD games. IMO, some of them are bad, boring or bloated (like FC5 or Valhalla) and some of them are great (like AC2, Black Flag, FC3, Primal or even FC6). This Avatar game is worse than all of them when it comes to gameplay and the pacing is truly atrocious. Quality wise is also worse and feels way less polished. I would avoid it at all costs. Worst of all is that there's a $130 edition, but the game is FILLED with microtransactions. It's nasty.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I played all AC, Far Cry and WD games. IMO, some of them are bad, boring or bloated (like FC5 or Valhalla) and some of them are great (like AC2, Black Flag, FC3, Primal or even FC6). This Avatar game is worse than all of them when it comes to gameplay and the pacing is truly atrocious. Quality wise is also worse and feels way less polished. I would avoid it at all costs. Worst of all is that there's a $130 edition, but the game is FILLED with microtransactions. It's nasty.
Ok, I see

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Bland and casual gameplay, uninspired storytelling and tedious tasks. There's nothing good about this game and its mechanics (it's a watered-down version of a Far Cry game). Every steep you take is a snorefest.

So basically a must play for Avatar fanatics.

Wait for a sale if you like Far Cry or Avatar midly.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
So wait for a 70% sale
Going straight for $40 free shipping on eBay soon. Let me know. :ROFLMAO:

Damn, I'm on the hook. All the worst fears.

This is what happens when you go blind on the likes of Ubisoft. Not gonna day 1 their new Star Wars game after this for sure.

They are very middling, mediocre level. They really need to switch shit up and stop focusing so much on open world, fetch quest bs.

On the Bethesda path.

Last edited:

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Game looks incredible!

I haven't played very far, but my first comments on the game was when the caharacter escapes the ship and goes into the wild - "Wow" was my first words.

We have a true next-gen looking forest with RTGI. The game supercedes any other environments this generation and all due to ray tracing.

Last edited: