Avowed Runs at 30fps on Xbox Series X and S, Obsidian Confirms

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
That's indeed quite sad. I can get the "artistic decision" to prioritize visuals effects over frame rate but... Why not giving the choice ? Even lower the resolution or I dunno what but a 60fps mode is mandatory.

Well the "game of the moment" Black Myth Wukong frame rate's mode runs at 37/40fps and it doesn't seem to bother many people though.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That's indeed quite sad. I can get the "artistic decision" to prioritize visuals effects over frame rate but... Why not giving the choice ? Even lower the resolution or I dunno what but a 60fps mode is mandatory.

Well the "game of the moment" Black Myth Wukong frame rate's mode runs at 37/40fps and it doesn't seem to bother many people though.
it doesn't run at 37/40fps all the time. it is rare occurrences.
second, the game has 3 different modes.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Why is it so hard for gamers to understand as the console generation progresses, performance dwindles? This is completely normal and will continue to be until 60fps becomes a standard benchmark/mandatory for developers. And when that happens.... prepare for gamers to complain about graphics hardly getting better,

Pretty much this. Especially if games are using Unreal Engine 5. But with that said, Avowed looks great to me but not to the point of where Obsidian shouldn't be able to offer a 60FPS mode at launch at least on Xbox Series X. Series S I get 30FPS due to the lack of RAM but Series X should easily be able to handle a 60FPS performance mode. Best part is that they say that 60FPS isn't needed but all the previews were playing on PC at 60FPS. If 60FPS isn't needed then the game should be 30FPS on PC too. And they should have let those who previewed the game play it on Series X.

Reactions: Senki Dala and voke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Prioritize visual effects? Are we talking about Avowed?