Baldur's Gate 3's Dev On The Reception Of PS5 Version: "We've Never Had Something Like This Before."

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I grew up on them but they just really bore me and kills immersion for me but I've played some solid ones like Cosmic Fantasy in my youth but tht was more of the story immersing me, loving the anime and less of the combat keeping me glued.
Man, this is different bro. You will LOVE it because it's no longer monotonous. I rolled a barabarian/fighter and there are several animations for the actions that I choose. The game's combat is epic for a turn-based game.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Man, this is different bro. You will LOVE it because it's no longer monotonous. I rolled a barabarian/fighter and there are several animations for the actions that I choose. The game's combat is epic for a turn-based game.
All you guys have convinced me! I will get it when I see a sale bcus my backlog now is crazy.

• Shake
Reactions: Frozone

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
He actually thought anyone would care about him not buying the game and felt the compulsion to post about it.

Turn-based is probably too hard for him to grasp, he needs more Fortnite.
Did i hurt your favourite game feelings perhaps? I ll post what i want. Seems u also love to post ironic trash posts.

I platinumed games harder than ur life. Let alone old school pc stuff. Never touched fortnite.

"But, but look at me, i ll be smartass for every different opinion".

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
All you guys have convinced me! I will get it when I see a sale bcus my backlog now is crazy.
Tell me about it man..

Here's mine:
BG3
Starfield
Hogwarts Legacy
Remnant 2
Callisto Protocol
System Shock
RE4
R&C
Trine 5
Diablo 4
Expanse
Dead Island 2

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Tell me about it man..

Here's mine:
BG3
Starfield
Hogwarts Legacy
Remnant 2
Callisto Protocol
System Shock
RE4
R&C
Trine 5
Diablo 4
Expanse
Dead Island 2
Bro half those games including Starfield and Hogwarts are 30 hours or better games lol get to it!!!

• haha

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Don't get swept up by fomo, I think it's the best game I've played in the last couple years but not every game is for everyone. It's got a 95% positive rating on Steam but that still means 5% of people didn't like it. If watching gameplay videos didn't convince you then just wait for a sale to try it or see if you can pick up a cheap copy of divinity original sin 2, the game is similar enough (although bg3 is better in a lot of ways) that you can get a feel for how the combat works and if it works for you.

• they're_right_you_know

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Baldur's Gate 3 genre is definitely not "mainstream" and can appear daunting to lots of folks but the game alleviate this by allowing so much agency to the player. The game encourages experimentation hence why the game allows you to save in the middle of combat for example. If you're one of those that are on the fence bout getting into this game cause of its genre, I recommend watching contents on Youtube. There's so much guides and informative videos bout Baldur's Gate 3 from content creators over there it'll help you on your decision.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
All this "turn based" whining.

Do you guys complain when you have to take turns in real life, such as at stop signs? Does someone challenge you to a game of chess and you respond "I ain't doing' nuthin that requires takin' them turns!"

Good grief man.
Dr. Bass, when he gets hit is the face in real life, like

Hei, it is my turn, yours after mine..

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Not to mention it’s real-time with pause, not pure turn-based combat, isn’t it?
It depends. If you have characters outside of combat it's real time, but it's turn based for the characters already in combat (and if you are in real time mode it will skip your turn for characters in TB mode while enemies keep taking turns if all of your characters in TB mode have finished their actions)

• they're_right_you_know

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
It depends. If you have characters outside of combat it's real time, but it's turn based for the characters already in combat (and if you are in real time mode it will skip your turn for characters in TB mode while enemies keep taking turns if all of your characters in TB mode have finished their actions)
As he said.. the game is absolutely turn-based when you are in combat. The engine is still running turn-based when out of combat if you force it to pause for things like traps.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Wish this were getting a physical release on PS5. I was actually just about to order it but couldn't find it on Amazon, so I searched to see if it was being released by one of those scummy companies like Limited Run Games who seem to get way too many big games that don't need the backing of Limited Run to get a physical release. Turns out only Japan is getting a physical release, and everywhere else has to buy it digitally. No physical, no buy for me.
Aren't PS5's region free, unified X/O confirm backwards button design language since PS4 gen, and Japanese games usually have an English track in the options for the East Asia market? You're able to have what you want by importing the game, aren't you?