Black Myth: Wukong' is delayed on Xbox for 'optimizations' — says Microsoft

Vergil

19 Jun 2024
I don't believe that the PlayStation 5 will have excellent game optimization because of UE5. If someone wants to get the best gaming experience with this game, they should take the PC version because it will have a much better optimization than the PlayStation 5. And this is the reason why Sony should soon announce PlayStation 5 Pro, which will be able to run such games made in UE5 at 60fps. Xbox and Sony made a mistake by not making their consoles much stronger, which will be able to run games made in UE5 at 60fps.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Yep, he is acting so oblivious. He tried to start this exact same witch hunt against Baldur's Gate 3, but they're a much more established and responsive team and quickly squashed his lies.

This is GameScience's first game, all they're focused on is launching the game. They probably don't know or care about what clowns like this have to say.

GQmxcMVXQAAx11R
I mean they also chinese amd probably don't care for what some nuts are saying on twitter

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I don't believe that the PlayStation 5 will have excellent game optimization because of UE5. If someone wants to get the best gaming experience with this game, they should take the PC version because it will have a much better optimization than the PlayStation 5. And this is the reason why Sony should soon announce PlayStation 5 Pro, which will be able to run such games made in UE5 at 60fps. Xbox and Sony made a mistake by not making their consoles much stronger, which will be able to run games made in UE5 at 60fps.

Playstation 5 has nothing to do with anything here. I don’t think GS delayed the game on Xbox because PS5 couldn’t have been more powerful.

Spoiler: It’s the 8 GB or RAM on the XsS. If we’re going to point fingers, let’s do it properly using logic and reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
PC better optimization than PS5?
Games on PC are not optimized to specific hardware… no developer in the world can do that… it is basically impossible.
PS5 is heavy optimized for a specific hardware.

There is no way any PC game will reach the level of optimization of that game on PS5… that is the base nature of each platform.

PC is able to reach high levels due brute force… not optimization.

PC (for 1% of the gamers): strongest hardware, brute force
PS5 (for everybody): balanced hardware, high optimized

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Vergil

19 Jun 2024
Playstation 5 has nothing to do with anything here. I don’t think GS delayed the game on Xbox because PS5 couldn’t have been more powerful.

Spoiler: It’s the 8 GB or RAM on the XsS. If we’re going to point fingers, let’s do it properly using logic and reason.
I also resent Microsoft because I think the Xbox Series S is a completely unnecessary console. I don't believe that PlayStation 5 will have a great optimization because of UE5 which is quite demanding for PS5, but also for XSX. I think that Black Myth: Wukong will run on PS5 only in 30fps.

Reactions: Entropi

Vergil

19 Jun 2024
PC better optimization than PS5?
Games on PC are not optimized to specific hardware… no developer in the world can do that… it is basically impossible.
PS5 is heavy optimized for a specific hardware.

There is no way any PC game will reach the level of optimization of that game on PS5… that is the base nature of each platform.

PC is able to reach high levels due brute force… not optimization.

PC (for 1% of the gamers): strongest hardware, brute force
PS5 (for everybody): balanced hardware, high optimized
I don't think PlayStation and Xbox are ready for games made in UE5 yet.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I also resent Microsoft because I think the Xbox Series S is a completely unnecessary console. I don't believe that PlayStation 5 will have a great optimization because of UE5 which is quite demanding for PS5, but also for XSX. I think that Black Myth: Wukong will run on PS5 only in 30fps.
?

The game ram stable at 60fps on PS5.
I have no ideia what are you talking about.

I don't think PlayStation and Xbox are ready for games made in UE5 yet.
What make you think that? We have UE5 games running very stable on PS5 at 60fps.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Imagine... several games are missing Xbox at launch or ever since mid last year (I believe Baldur's Gate 3 was the first).
And Xbots can only say that Sony paid for it :D

I wonder if they even thought about how the multi trillion dollar company could not pay too :unsure:

Which several games? I only remember BG3.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Which several games? I only remember BG3.
Just last week we had 4 retro games without Xbox version.
Marvel vs Capcom doesn’t have Xbox version.
JRPGs released doesn’t have Xbox version.
Final Fantsies.
Silent Hill 2.
Octopath 2

I mean a lot of games misses Xbox at launch.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Just last week we had 4 retro games without Xbox version.
Marvel vs Capcom doesn’t have Xbox version.
JRPGs released doesn’t have Xbox version.
Final Fantsies.
Silent Hill 2.
Octopath 2

I mean a lot of games misses Xbox at launch.

No, no. Not that. Delayed Xbox versions due to "optimization". Just like BG3 and Wukong. There were other games too.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, no. Not that. Delayed Xbox versions due to "optimization". Just like BG3 and Wukong. There were other games too.
When I said optimization?

It is just that is becoming a clear trending that developers are avoid Xbox at launch… or even ever.

I can understand some games have deal (eg FF) behind it but all of them?
And I’m sure some developers when are choosing the platforms looks at Series S and think “man ha will give us a lot of trouble) and just drop the Xbox from the start of the development.

But Xbots won’t even talk about that because it was not delayed due optimization… it was never announced at all.
You don't need to reach the optimization step to know a platform won't allow you to delivery the game in the scheduled time .

Last edited:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
When I said optimization?

It is just that is becoming a clear trending that developers are avoid Xbox at launch… or even ever.

I can understand some games have deal (eg FF) behind it but all of them?
And I’m sure some developers when are choosing the platforms looks at Series S and think “man ha will give us a lot of trouble) and just drop the Xbox from the start of the development.

But Xbots won’t even talk about that because it was not delayed due optimization… it was never announced at all.
You don't need to reach the optimization step to know a platform won't allow you to delivery the game in the scheduled time .
But i've asked at first which games were delayed like Wukong and BG3 due to "optimization". Didn't asked which games didn't appeared on Xbox.

• brain
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
But i've asked at first which games were delayed like Wukong and BG3 due to "optimization". Didn't asked which games didn't appeared on Xbox.
You didn't.

Plus you quoted and bolded a post not even talking about optimizations.

Reactions: Plextorage

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Yep, he is acting so oblivious. He tried to start this exact same witch hunt against Baldur's Gate 3, but they're a much more established and responsive team and quickly squashed his lies.

This is GameScience's first game, all they're focused on is launching the game. They probably don't know or care about what clowns like this have to say.

GQmxcMVXQAAx11R
Like I said, Jez's intention was always to start a witch hunt against GameScience and it worked. Many people now believe its a money hat 🤦‍♂️ These companies need to start suing liars like Jez

Reactions: Puff and laynelane

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Like I said, Jez's intention was always to start a witch hunt against GameScience and it worked. Many people now believe its a money hat 🤦‍♂️ These companies need to start suing liars like Jez

I don't understand why Sony doesn't take any action against these people. Sony should take Nintendo as an example.