Bloodborne Remake is not in development - Jason Schreier / Bloomberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I just wish Bandai Namco buys the IP from Sony, at that point you'll see the Remaster & a sequel for all platforms right away, because it's probably one of the most wanted games right now.
Hell no. That's a Sony IP and should remain so. Xbox community don't deserve this masterpiece. Sony is not blind, they are aware of it. I am sure we see a remaster or remake in the future!

• thinking_hard
  • haha
Reactions: Papacheeks and LED

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
Hell no. That's a Sony IP and should remain so. Xbox community don't deserve this masterpiece. Sony is not blind, they are aware of it. I am sure we see a remaster or remake in the future!
"Xbox community don't deserve this masterpiece"

This is such unexplainable fanboyism right there...LMAOOO

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
"Xbox community don't deserve this masterpiece"

This is such unexplainable fanboyism right there...LMAOOO
Call it like you want, but as I said it's a Sony IP so why I should care what they can play or not?
That very community is cheering for consolidation of the gaming industry and always celebrate it when bought Multiplatform franchises will never come to PS again. So of course I couldn't care less about the dear Xbox community.

• haha
Reactions: LED

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Don't know who to believe now.

If a remake isn't being developed then I doubt a sequel is.
A remake of a game from 2015 seems like a waste of time imo

Its better for them to just go straight go with bloodborne 2 instead

The longer the time they spent for a remake the longer it is for a new game to arrive

I mean the game is not that long ago you can still boot your ps4 and play it again if you want

Id rather them focus on making something new

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
A remake of a game from 2015 seems like a waste of time imo

Its better for them to just go straight go with bloodborne 2 instead

The longer the time they spent for a remake the longer it is for a new game to arrive

I mean the game is not that long ago you can still boot your ps4 and play it again if you want

Id rather them focus on making something new instead

Doesn't have to be a full remake. Simply improve the framerate and resolution.

I honestly don't know who is gonna make the sequel. Miyazaki has probably got his hands full with an Elden Ring sequel.

Reactions: Airbus

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It’s like Star Wars without George Lucas or Halo without Bungie. Fan fiction cover band trash.

Hey, don't you dare saying that! The best Star Wars movie (Rogue One) was made without Lucas.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's a game released 7 years ago, obviously they won't remake it. But I can see a Director's Cut (enhaced/remastered PS5 version with extra content) being released on PS5 and some time later in PC. And a sequel.

Reactions: Muddasar

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
Call it like you want, but as I said it's a Sony IP so why I should care what they can play or not?
That very community is cheering for consolidation of the gaming industry and always celebrate it when bought Multiplatform franchises will never come to PS again. So of course I couldn't care less about the dear Xbox community.
Bro why do you care if customers on other platforms are going to play it or not? You're conflating 2 completely different topics. my proposal was if Bandai Namco bought the IP from Sony, you'd see the game getting remasters right away just like they did for Dark Souls 1 Remastered & DS2 as well, it's Sony's utter irresponsibility to listening to their fans & not delivering on what they want.

Why the heck did you conflate that with "Other communities" getting to (POTENTIALLY) play Bloodborne? Are all of Xbox's community bad people? Or is the majority there good people? I mean what does that have to do with them not deserving a game in the 1st place? Please stop this foolish fanboyism.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Bloodborne sequel in name without Miyazaki isn’t that exciting at all. One of my favorite games of all time.

Bloodborne doesn’t need a remake. The game looks beautiful due to its stellar art direction. 4k 60 port pls. That’s all you need.

Yes, its one of my top 10 favourite games of all time. Bluepoint could help with a sequel/prequel but if Miyzaki isn’t involved I wouldn’t care for it.

And agreed again, a simple remaster could be done but it definitely doesn't need a remake

• thinking_hard

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
Yes, its one of my top 10 favourite games of all time. Bluepoint could help with a sequel/prequel but if Miyzaki isn’t involved I wouldn’t care for it.

And agreed again, a simple remaster could be done but it definitely doesn't need a remake
If Bluepoint made a sequel of BB, it'd be a shitshow, they don't have a sliver of credence to lead us to believe that they'll be able to make a Bloodborne sequel with all new designs, bosses, combat, art-style, OST, philosophy etc to the standards of quality as From Software does.

Bluepoint all they do is remasters & remakes, please don't do that Sony.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Bro why do you care if customers on other platforms are going to play it or not? You're conflating 2 completely different topics. my proposal was if Bandai Namco bought the IP from Sony, you'd see the game getting remasters right away just like they did for Dark Souls 1 Remastered & DS2 as well, it's Sony's utter irresponsibility to listening to their fans & not delivering on what they want.

Why the heck did you conflate that with "Other communities" getting to (POTENTIALLY) play Bloodborne? Are all of Xbox's community bad people? Or is the majority there good people? I mean what does that have to do with them not deserving a game in the 1st place? Please stop this foolish fanboyism.
It has nothing to do with being a fanboy. It's Sony's right to decide, what to do or not with the Bloodborne IP.
I don't care about Xbox and I never will. If BB is never getting a remaster then, we will have to accept it. Other Publishers have themselves plenty of their own unused franchises and no one complains. So why is it only bad if Sony does so?

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
It has nothing to do with being a fanboy. It's Sony's right to decide, what to do or not with the Bloodborne IP.
I don't care about Xbox and I never will. If BB is never getting a remaster then, we will have to accept it.
So you'd rather be accepting of the possibility that Sony might not be reviving Bloodborne than Bandai Namco purchasing the IP and reviving it? I mean that's you sir, if I made a proposition like this one, you'd see all of BB fans be with Bandai Namco at this point, they don't care if Bloodborne is with Sony or not, they just want the game remastered & a sequel of it, me included, but Sony seems to be sitting on it ignoring all the overwhelmingly huge demand by its fans, you just care if Sony owns it or not, and that can be deduced into only sheer fanboyism & nothing else.

Other Publishers have themselves plenty of their own unused franchises and no one complains. So why is it only bad if Sony does so?

Bro that's not the point, it's because BB stands as one of the most demanded games to be remastered, to have a deserved full-blown sequel, not to be ignored like Sony does, if you put into context, Bandai Namco seems to have an exponentially more interest in it if they had the Bloodborne IP as they're in deep strong partnerships with From Software. That's all.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If Bluepoint made a sequel of BB, it'd be a shitshow, they don't have a sliver of credence to lead us to believe that they'll be able to make a Bloodborne sequel with all new designs, bosses, combat, art-style, OST, philosophy etc to the standards of quality as From Software does.

Bluepoint all they do is remasters & remakes, please don't do that Sony.
Agreed. Bluepoint are great and might make some great new ip but no1 can replace Miyazaki.

I can see Bluepoint helping Xdev ( some former Japan studios staff who worked on Bloodborne/Demon Souls ) and Fromsoft (Miyazaki still directing) with making a Bloodborne 2.

So Miyzaku can work on few different projects at the same time ( like he usually does )

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
So you'd rather be accepting of the possibility that Sony might not be reviving Bloodborne than Bandai Namco purchasing the IP and reviving it? I mean that's you sir, if I made a proposition like this one, you'd see all of BB fans be with Bandai Namco at this point, they don't care if Bloodborne is with Sony or not, they just want the game remastered & a sequel of it, me included, but Sony seems to be sitting on it ignoring all the overwhelmingly huge demand by its fans, you just care if Sony owns it or not, and that can be deduced into only sheer fanboyism & nothing else.

Bro that's not the point, it's because BB stands as one of the most demanded games to be remastered, to have a deserved full-blown sequel, not to be ignored like Sony does, if you put into context, Bandai Namco seems to have an exponentially more interest in it if they had the Bloodborne IP as they're in deep strong partnerships with From Software. That's all.
This question will lead to nowhere dude. As I said Sony owns it, so their property and their decision. Sony never sold any any of their IPs and Bloodborne will not be the exception. Get rid of that hopeless dream.

• sad
  • fire
Reactions: Muddasar and LED

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
This question will lead to nowhere dude. As I said Sony owns it, so their property and their decision. Sony never sold any any of their IPs and Bloodborne will not be the exception. Get rid of that hopeless dream.
Of course it's a hopeless dream (and a dream you despise for some reason...), I was just making a suggestion for forums talk and all, nothing that would hope to change anything I guess...but it'd be a cool idea if it happened that's all.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony doesn't sell their IPs, the most similar they did was to give it to 2nd party studios who developed it or to allow them to port them these games in PC or mobile. But they never did something like to sell one of their IPs to an unrelated 3rd party publisher. In fact, it may be the opposite: Sony may be in talks to acquire From Soft, the whole Kadokawa or even Bandai Namco.

There is absolutely nothing that says Sony isn't interested on making a PS5/PC remeastered/improved port or a sequel when possible. We don't know anything about the current From Software projects or the current Bluepoint projects, or if someone else is working on a PS5 or PC version of Bloodborne. What we know is that From Soft was busy with Elden Ring so couldn't work back then on a Bloodborne sequel.

As I remember, the most recent Bloodborne sales number we saw was around 2 million copies, which isn't a huge sales success or "overwhelmingly huge demand". If something, there are a few loud fanboys due to " sheer fanboyism & nothing else" that aren't representative of the whole market. Elden Ring meant an unprecedented, huge and unexpected jump in sales for the soulsborne formula, meaning that now there has been a big interest on it. Which also means that now Sony will be more interested on soulsborne, so may push harder for something Bloodborne: a remaster, sequel or related acquisition.

Agreed. Bluepoint are great and might make some great new ip but no1 can replace Miyazaki.

I can see Bluepoint helping Xdev ( some former Japan studios staff who worked on Bloodborne/Demon Souls ) and Fromsoft (Miyazaki still directing) with making a Bloodborne 2.

So Miyzaku can work on few different projects at the same time ( like he usually does )
Bluepoint did a great job with Demon's Souls, so could do it with Bloodborne too. Bluepoint also has a ton of staff who did work making original games like the Metroid Prime Trilogy, World of Warcraft, Diablo II and ton of other top tier AAA games so make sure they'll also do a great job with original content.

Miyazaki also codirected many of his games and he's very happy with the work that Bluepoint did with Demon's Souls. They could do a Bloodborne II codeveloped by FromSoft and Bluepoint where FromSoft would codirect and focus maybe on the concept part, with stuff like art direction, world building and character/enemy/boss designs, while Bluepoint could handle the implementation side, tech stuff and hard work of everything.

That relationship and publishing could be managed via their XDEV Japanese team (who now have their own office) as they did with Demon's Souls (both the original and remake) or Bloodborne.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sony could outsource development of an IP to someone else. Would that be unheard of?

• brain
Status
Not open for further replies.