Bloodborne Remake is not in development - Jason Schreier / Bloomberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I love how gamers can be outraged about a 10 year old remake and not getting a 7 year old remake in the same week

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I love how gamers can be outraged about a 10 year old remake and not getting a 7 year old remake in the same week
Nobody wants BB remake.
Just a 4k60 remaster... 60fps part is already done by lance mcdonald anyway... Minimal work is required to make this game 4k60 and reprint the discs

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Why? What if he dies, should the IP die as well?

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

BadBurger

3 Jul 2022
Was hoping BluePoint was working on this.

They are working on two projects IIRC; a remake and something original.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Wouldn't mind just a patch for the current version, but I would love a full remake a la Demon's Souls. But sounds like it's not happening.

Whatever is going on, I hope we hear what Bluepoint is doing soon. Demon's came out in 2020 ...

Katajx

8 Jul 2022
Colin Moriarty was right and I called it. Definitely was not the last we heard of Bloodborne 😂

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I may be misremembering, but didn't bloodbourne have it's physics engine or something to that effect tied to the FPS? Which means moving the FPS cap to 60fps impacts the gameplay itself?

Not an excuse, but considering the game is more of a cult classic and less of a massive franchise, it could justify the lack of development time for a patch, even though I think they should patch all their first party games.

Reactions: Swift_Star

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I may be misremembering, but didn't bloodbourne have it's physics engine or something to that effect tied to the FPS? Which means moving the FPS cap to 60fps impacts the gameplay itself?

Not an excuse, but considering the game is more of a cult classic and less of a massive franchise, it could justify the lack of development time for a patch, even though I think they should patch all their first party games.
The PC port of Dark Souls II once had an infamous bug where weapons would degrade twice as fast due to the engine resorting to frames as time units - an unfortunately common defect in games programming.

I think Bloodborne has similar defects, and Lance McDonald had to fix those too when he made his 60fps patch.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
An upres and 60 FPS port for PS5 PC seems inevitable some day.

Will probably only happen once Sony has ported most of the bigger older catalog games and have idle devs.

A true remake seems far less likely.

Reactions: rofif

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
The art style of BB is one of its strengths for me. A remake holds little interest for me because of that. A remaster/performance upgrade would be great if only so more people get a chance to play this stellar game.

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The art style of BB is one of its strengths for me. A remake holds little interest for me because of that. A remaster/performance upgrade would be great if only so more people get a chance to play this stellar game.
FOR SURE!
just make it 4k60 and that's all. The game will not age. Graphics barely age nowadays.
TBH, I kinda wish we got 4k60 demons souls too. I don't like all the art changes in remake either

Reactions: laynelane

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Always seemed like Bloodborne had a bigger budget than Dark Souls 3 following it. It may have… one was bankrolled by Sony. (Elden Ring being lightning in a bottle changes things moving forward of course)

It’s a more tightly packed game with level design but the amount of geometry in the architecture of all their cathedral like designs still rival and arguably surpass their later efforts.

Art direction is super strong in that game. So yeah I don’t think it’s in any need of a remake.

We’ve been asking for a performance patch or port since the PS4 pro launched…

Status
Not open for further replies.