Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Concord fans — we’ve been listening closely to your feedback since the launch of Concord on PlayStation 5 and PC and want to thank everyone who has joined the journey aboard the Northstar. Your support and the passionate community that has grown around the game has meant the world to us.

However, while many qualities of the experience resonated with players, we also recognize that other aspects of the game and our initial launch didn’t land the way we’d intended. Therefore, at this time, we have decided to take the game offline beginning September 6, 2024, and explore options, including those that will better reach our players.

While we determine the best path ahead, Concord sales will cease immediately and we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased the game for PS5 or PC. If you purchased the game for PlayStation 5 from the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Direct, a refund will be issued back to your original payment method.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Damn I was wrong…

Explore other options? Im guessing they are gonna make it FP2? Fingers crossed they change the character designs if they rerelease it

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Damn. I hope Firewalk can find a way to make a game with an appealing design because the gameplay and polish were solid.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Damn I was wrong…

Explore other options? Im guessing they are gonna make it FP2? Fingers crossed they change the character designs
Well you were not wrong, as you agree with me that if they closed it down they would need to refund everyone.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Damn. I hope Firewalk can find a way to make a game with an appealing design because the gameplay and polish were solid.
It's going to re-launch as F2P with battles passes and skins. That's pretty much the only option at this point.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well you were not wrong, as you agree with me that if they closed it down they would need to refund everyone.

I just didnt think they would close it down because they’ve kept games like Destruction All Stars and even Driveclub on :(

My only hope is them saying they are taking it off for now to explore other options to reach more players. I just hope thats not fluff talk.
Good thing would be they learn there lesson with the character designs, but until then its just crow eating lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
People on ERA are guessing they will relaunch it as F2P with MTX focus sadly.

That is why are removing it immediately.

So what things would we be paying for? I literally just play lol, dont care about the clothes and weapon changes

And they would need to change the character designs otherwise the same people wont even try it lol