Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This logic "game X sold less than game Y, so game X is a flop" makes no sense
How come? We're directly comparing sales numbers for the same game, for 2 different platforms. And Sony's keeping track of the same numbers.

How is it possible that some of the biggest franchises in gaming, Sony IPs, that sell well over 10 million on one platform alone, are struggling to break even 2 million sold on PC, with a much bigger install base?

PC players talk big but aren't big spenders.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
How come? We're directly comparing sales numbers for the same game, for 2 different platforms. And Sony's keeping track of the same numbers.

How is it possible that some of the biggest franchises in gaming, Sony IPs, that sell well over 10 million on one platform alone, are struggling to break even 2 million sold on PC, with a much bigger install base?

PC players talk big but aren't big spenders.
I was referring to the comparison between GoW and Helldivers 2, not the same game. But about PC sales: what's too much? the console audience knows these games well, so they sell well, but the PC, is different, GoW practically did not exist on the PC until 2022. And we are also talking about different audiences, on PC, indies game and multiplayers dominate, on consoles, casual and campaign-focused games are more present (incrusive I play more multiplayers on PC and singlepayers on consoles for these reasons I mentioned)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ratchet and Clank, God of War. While not PS numbers, did quite well.

Argument null and voided.
R&C did well on PC?

GoW is probably their best selling single player title there.

BTW single player games that sold well on PC:
  • GoW > 3m
  • HZD > 2m
  • Days Gone > 1m
  • Spider-man > 1m
Everything else failed miserably.
Uncharted, TLOU, R&C, Returnal, etc didn't break 500k in over a year.
Sackboy didn't break 100k in over a year.

Reactions: Luffy123

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
It's so fucking simple

F6Mk6N6.jpeg

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It's so fucking simple

F6Mk6N6.jpeg
I don't think that's it.

All the DEI crap contributed to the game failing but I don't think that was the biggest problem.

TLOU2 leaked before release and was made out to be a much bigger woke clusterfuck. It still sold millions on release.

Casuals don't follow development. They don't follow the drama. The game simply wasn't marketed and it wasn't that good. It's a game you've seen a hundred times before and none of it stands out.

We'll see how the other 2 do.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
Seriously though if any of yall like this game @voke @ethomaz I really think yall should consider harassing Sony about the possibility of private servers. If enough people make a fuss they may be willing to assist in making such tools available, thus allowing the game to not completely die
PC players are the scum of the gaming community, so yes!
The irony of knowing that the only way this game will ever be revived in any way shapee or form is if PC dudes reverse engineered the source code and added self hosting capability

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The irony of knowing that the only way this game will ever be revived in any way shapee or form is if PC dudes reverse engineered the source code and added self hosting capability
Who cares? I wouldn't play it that way either way lol. Same way I yearned for an Uncharted 3 Multiplayer revival and they eventually revived it but I ain't playing it.

The game flopped, it will be shutdown, I got my money's worth with almost 40 hours of game play, met quite a few cool buds who I'll game with again.

And will move on when servers are gone.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This game was dead on arrival from PlayStation side more then anything

Look at how they are hyping up Astrobot in comparison to this

They effectively left this to die

They had no confidence in this project at all sadly. Gameplay wise and Functionality wise it was a good product

It was for the best. The entire rollout was so unlike PlayStation, it was like such an after thought even during the State of a play. But at least they didn't sink huge amount of money into marketing as that would have totally instantly sealed the deal with the studio. Well I'm hoping their fate isn't sealed lol.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
It was for the best. The entire rollout was so unlike PlayStation, it was like such an after thought even during the State of a play. But at least they didn't sink huge amount of money into marketing as that would have totally instantly sealed the deal with the studio. Well I'm hoping their fate isn't sealed lol.

They market every single game in the UK they release. I always see it going to work around London

This game literally had no advertising at all

That’s why I find it funny when I hear the people on here say the consumers rejected it. No lol PlayStation themselves rejected it. It saved them a ton of money I guess. And they definitely positioned it next to Astrobot so everyone would forget

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023

the gameplay is solid. I really hope they let them have another crack at a game instead but maybe give them an existing IP to use instead

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They market every single game in the UK they release. I always see it going to work around London

This game literally had no advertising at all

That’s why I find it funny when I hear the people on here say the consumers rejected it. No lol PlayStation themselves rejected it. It saved them a ton of money I guess. And they definitely positioned it next to Astrobot so everyone would forget
PlayStation and FireWalk both absolutely screwed this game. And maybe they'll attempt to write it off by doing a soft relaunch and see what happens before their fiscal year ends next March.

They are definitely banking on Astrobot. Concord didn't even need a big marketing rollout just needed a state of Play deep dive and then announce the beta immediately after... And it getting announced right after the Helldivers 2 PC outrage was just another nail in the coffin lol

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
the gameplay is solid. I really hope they let them have another crack at a game instead but maybe give them an existing IP to use instead
Well their community manager says they'll be following up with another update on the studios future last night, let's hope they get a second chance or at least go help Jason Blundell team in the mean time.