Breaking: Concord is shutting down on September 6, full refunds. (Update: Servers Now Closed)

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
you are really splitting hairs here. it's all sony

if you believe these two entities had this interaction with zero participation coming from their business daddy, I've got a Concord Season Pass to sell you
Based on your logic we can congratulate Insomniac for making MLB The Show since they are all Sony? Your comment lacks any sense.

Bungie were bought in part to share their GaaS knowledge with other Sony studios. They shared their knowledge and experience with operating a GaaS. ND said no to GaaS with a proper understandingof what would be required of the studio. ND concentrated instead on single player games. Why would Sony want to cancel a GaaS with TLOU IP on Naughty Dog against ND's will? If anything Sony would push that one out underbaked to milk casual players.

A higher up in Bend Studios rejected a Days Gone 2 pitch out of hand and would not send that pitch to Sony. Did Sony reject a Days Gone 2 pitch or was it Bend Studio?

It's all Sony is misleading.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
66d07af56cf0d.jpeg
This is what you get when she-hulk gets nailed by a tiger.

• haha
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Ok, so, back to the drawing board. Here's what to do next:

You can keep all the game logic and stuff. Even the level layouts and most of the guns and what not. But:

• Make it free-to-play (obviously)
  • Introduce events/battlepasses
  • Create a progression system where players can unlock interesting stuff
  • Delete some of the game modes, if not all, keep it focused and don't spread your playerbase
  • Delete all characters except for the big robot (he'll be the Concord mascot)
  • Create a roster of Playstation-branded characters:
    • Kratos
    • Nathan Drake
    • Bloodborne Hunter
    • Gran Turismo driver
    • Jak
    • Some Destiny character
    • Joel & Ellie
    • Ape Escape monkey
    • Aloy
    • Ratchet
    • Killzone badguy
    • Dude from Ghost of Tsushima
    • Higgs from Death Stranding
    • Vip Ribbon bunny
    • Spider-Man / Venom
    • ETCETERA
  • Rename the game
  • Tie it to other Playstation games, like:
    • Some battlepass unlocks also unlock things in certain Playstation games (ie: new Aloy outfit in the game, but also in Horizon Forbidden West)
    • Getting 100 headshots on a monday with Gran Turismo Driver unlocks a Ford Mustang in GT7
    • Maybe the other way around as well: getting a platinum trophy in God Of War Ragnarok unlocks a new weapon for Kratos in this new game)
  • The narrative should be something like we're traveling the PlayStation Universe. Hence the space theme.
  • The lower you get on health, you'll visually drop a generation. So when you're almost dead you are playing at PlayStation 1 graphics, including those wobbly vertices and tank controls (nah, j/k)
Anyway, make it THE multiplayer PlayStation shooter. Also on PC of course. Make it the Marvel Rivals of Sony.

You can also tie it to any PlayStation published game, like in the weeks surrounding the Death Stranding 2 launch you'll get the 'Beached Event' where players can come back from death and you have to dodge invisible ghost enemies.
Almost free advertisement for both games!

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Based on your logic we can congratulate Insomniac for making MLB The Show since they are all Sony? Your comment lacks any sense.

Bungie were bought in part to share their GaaS knowledge with other Sony studios. They shared their knowledge and experience with operating a GaaS. ND said no to GaaS with a proper understandingof what would be required of the studio. ND concentrated instead on single player games. Why would Sony want to cancel a GaaS with TLOU IP on Naughty Dog against ND's will? If anything Sony would push that one out underbaked to milk casual players.

A higher up in Bend Studios rejected a Days Gone 2 pitch out of hand and would not send that pitch to Sony. Did Sony reject a Days Gone 2 pitch or was it Bend Studio?

It's all Sony is misleading.
Sony is losing touch with its brand identity & core audience 💅

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The one good thing that has come out of this has been the screeching going on the resetera concord OT, The cray cray is so high that people are calling it fascism lol

We are getting pearls like this LMAO
"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink."

and

Matthew 7:6: "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces"

So much tears for a mid game 🤭

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The one good thing that has come out of this has been the screeching going on the resetera concord OT, The cray cray is so high that people are calling it fascism lol

We are getting pearls like this LMAO
"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink."

and

Matthew 7:6: "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces"

So much tears for a mid game 🤭
I'm just glad the collective gaming community will finally be able to move on once it's shutdown. The toxicity was outta hand on both sides.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I'm just glad the collective gaming community will finally be able to move on once it's shutdown. The toxicity was outta hand on both sides.
Oh people will move on for sure, There is the ubisoft games to dunk on and the dragon age game seems to be not be doing hot as well. The only positive thing out of this has been the quick acting of Sony and instead of a slow death by a thousand cuts thankfully they went with decapitation.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
As long as developers give their main audience the finger, the toxicity won't subside. It's up to them, not the gamers.

BUT there is NO excuse for some of the things I've seen here, GAF, Facebook, X etc. Death threats seriously!? People calling each other names and wishing cancer upon those over different opinions? That shit is just not acceptable.

But seeing that devs also ridicule the gaming community or ignore them completely, they should expect a backlash and not perform an acted surprised Pikachu when it bites them in the ass.

Keep it civil and voice your concern in a constructive way.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
PS - Harry Potter Quidditch has launched as part of your basic ps plus subscription free for all subscribers. Ff16 on premium. Witness the damage control!

Sony pulled the CORD on one game a week into launch and a replaced it with last minute bet on a guaranteed thing. I assume reset is seething.

😂

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
PS - Harry Potter Quidditch has launched as part of your basic ps plus subscription free for all subscribers. Ff16 on premium. Witness the damage control!

Sony pulled the CORD on one game a week into launch and a replaced it with last minute bet on a guaranteed thing. I assume reset is seething.

😂
Never thought I could hear a forum in the distance, but the screams are deafening and music to my ears!

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

😂
Don't know that quidditch game seems to not being doing so hot, Its quality is not as good as hogwarts legacy

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Don't know that quidditch game seems to not being doing so hot, Its quality is not as good as hogwarts legacy

I don’t think that’s gonna stop it from being downloaded on ps plus by millions. Still serves as decent damage control.

Calverz

28 Mar 2023
I find it crazy how people spin this as a bad thing.
People move on to other games all the time and helldivers 2 still has a higher player count than 99% of most games do 6 months after launch.
If you look at the most successful live service titles player numbers, the graph usually peaks and troughs. When new content releases the player count increases again significantly then tails off as time goes on. Thats normal.
However currently Helldivers 2 has the odd peak but overall player count is decreasing over time and this is likely due to the team struggling to release new content on a regular time frame. If the game is to retain players or increase, they need to get new content.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

😂
Quidditch was announced for PS+ day one from back in May in the same State of Play they debuted the Concord trailer / gameplay 🤔

Is it even good tho? Wasn't planning to try it out honestly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

😂
I'm not sure what you trying to say here... what was last minute bet?

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
they need to get new content.
I agree but then again, this isn't a f2p game right? regardless if churn out new content or not (which they are doing it for free btw) the game sold a fuckton and they already made their money on it. The dropoff isn't ideal but its kinda expected for the kind of game that this is, specially since they aren't releasing as much content as theywould need to keep the playerbase high enough.
Also the whole psn account thing really hurt the game on PC because of the crybabies. Oh yeah the're also that, we're just taking in consideration PC players, lets not forget that thre is probably a LOT of people still playing it on console.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
They didn't even give him a chance to turn f2p lol. Will Sony learn anything from that or will it repeat that same mistake with Fairgame?