BREAKING : Electronic Arts to lay off five percent of workforce

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
SEGA already laid off probably close to 200+~ folks from Relic/Rovio/Creative Assembly from their Europe branch last year.
They're also going to lay off 61 people from the US branch in March so they're one step ahead of you.
And I was guessing Sega of Europe too, lol. The Japanese studios haven't really been hit yet, it seems.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Moving away from licensed IPs...

No more Star Wars or any other Disney stuff.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I remember reading an article where they interviewed a lot of people within the industry. They expect things to get pretty bad this year in terms of layoffs and their plan is to just survive until next year. Most of these people seem to really be banking on GTA 6 being so popular that it single-handedly revitalizes the entire games industry. I'm personally not sure that's a healthy attitude to have.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
The sad thing is none of these companies are doing bad. They just had stupid projections and employees are paying the price

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The sad thing is none of these companies are doing bad. They just had stupid projections and employees are paying the price
Not even stupid projections, they just want to increase their bottom line and know that flooding the market with people of a certain skillset will decrease salaries.

This is a concerted effort to further take from those who work to those that exploit. Meanwhile you have people calling these workers useless, bloat, etc. I'm going to love in a few years what will happen when people can't buy products because they can't find work.