BREAKING: Xbox is shutting down Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and two other studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Maybe I'm just a hatter but I never understood why you would pay $17 a month when for pretty much 7 years you have been able to constantly get $1 trials of two weeks, one month and ever three months. To me it really seems like a service for suckers, specially if you are stupid enough to buy Xbox hardware.

Bitch, no one cares about your mobile store 🤦‍♂️

A product absolutely nobody ever asked for, MS store on Android/iOS. Even on Windows people avoid MS store like it's the plague.

MS is just like Epic, they just feel entitled to be the middle man of everything.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

This would have had a chance if they had their own hardware but we know how that went :ROFLMAO: . They can't get people to buy stuff on windows on store on pc what makes them think mobile will be any different

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024

This guy is one of the weirder xbots out there. His posts all sound AI generated because they all follow the same script: "Xbox execs are smarter than you. They know what they're savvy business geniuses and you're all dumbasses."

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

This guy is one of the weirder xbots out there. His posts all sound AI generated because they all follow the same script: "Xbox execs are smarter than you. They know what they're savvy business geniuses and you're all dumbasses."

this guy is trash, he must've got his MBA out of a cereal box. I've seen him say some truly retarded stuff and everytime Sony has earnings, he's there to spread FUD about how they'll go out of business any day now.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

probably one of their paid PR minions

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Sarah was asked about Tango and she replies a bunch of meaningless shit. I almost feel bad for her 😅

Look at that response. She's learned from the best - channelling her inner Phil!

Picture Spencer sat there offering the exact same vapid words, using the same empathetic gesturing and pauses with that truly genuine, heart-felt tone..

they'rethesamepicture.gif

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
All of sudden ppl care about Hi-Fi Rush.

Yeah right.
Hi-Fi Rush wasn't for me. That said, Tango is a great studio, very talented, was told they hit all the metrics for success. They brought Xbox First Party their first non-Forza awards in a hot minute. (They also produced Evil Within 1 and 2, which were great.)

They definitely deserved better than this. And if they can do all that and still get the ax, then is anyone else really safe? Is Ninja Theory next, especially given how reluctant Xbox seems to market their game now? That uncertainty, and the possibility any studio barring the Massive Franchise fellas could be next without warning is spooky.

EDIT: It's also a bizarre closing given it was their first step to making inroads in Japan if they were smart about things. Just torched that bridge. Pretty clear they're just writing it off now.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Spencer took a hell of a week to book down as annual leave. I'm sure it's just an unfortunate coincidence he's ghosted right before shutting down Tango and leaving BondSarahBond, the greatest rival to his position at Microsoft, at the reins and in the firing line for interviews and comment. He'd never do that purposefully...

Disaster_Girl.jpg

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
Status
Not open for further replies.