BREAKING: Xbox is shutting down Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and two other studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Hermen Hulst is racist and hates Japan, so that's highly unlikely. Which is a shame because the Deviations studio game bombed and Sony still hired them back on under a secret team. PS "leadership" is a joke top to bottom.
What a completely normal, clearly rational take.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Maybe I'm just a hatter but I never understood why you would pay $17 a month when for pretty much 7 years you have been able to constantly get $1 trials of two weeks, one month and ever three months. To me it really seems like a service for suckers, specially if you are stupid enough to buy Xbox hardware.

A product absolutely nobody ever asked for, MS store on Android/iOS. Even on Windows people avoid MS store like it's the plague.

MS is just like Epic, they just feel entitled to be the middle man of everything.
Every time I start a new $1 trial on Gamepass to play a day 1 first party game, I look through the catalog and I'm always amazed at how at least 95% of it is shovelware and discount bin crap that I would never play unless I had a gun to my head. The fact that some people stay subscribed to this long term blows my mind.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I purposefully deleted the @ I'm not trying to engage them.
i was only trying to help FFS.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Common sense, plus theres been rumblings of it, plus hermen becomes head of ps studios, 1 year later, JP studios shuts down. The only JP exclusives PS gets are a result of deals made a decade ago (Ronin and Rebirth), and nothing else
What rumblings?

Also there are plenty of other explanations of japan studio closing, including inability to make a game, which is not something that hermen forced on them. You want incompetent studios as part of PS first party? I like japanese games but I can admit that there are basically 0 japanese studios that can release games that are PS first party quality - other than asobi, who they kept. Huge coincidence!

I think you're letting your hatred of Hermen cloud your judgment and allow you to tack on totally baseless claims to make him seem worse to you. I don't like him either but there is absolutely zero evidence of racism. If he were actually racist against japanese he wouldnt be working at a japanese company.

Status
Not open for further replies.