BREAKING: Xbox is shutting down Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and two other studios.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
oh my bad then, but yeah there is no free gravy train even if xbots think so in their delusions

I actually agree and appreciate the info. There is no scenario where Xbox is allowed to freeload and keeps asking MS for money without giving back more.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Isn’t Sea of Thieves a big commercial success or something?
The PS5 sales maybe changed their minds at last minute?
It would make sense If the PS5 sales were like the final test for their studios, and hifi rush just didnt sell good enough...

Btw the same source who told me about those closures, also told me that the Ghost Of Tsushina sequel will feature a female lead, so the next showcase will be VERY interesting lol

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
I want Hellblade to do well. The team behind the game, Ninja Theory, have a massive passion for the projects behind mental health awareness. Even if the game is a loss leader, I love that they are approaching that subject. Which is why I will buy it on PS5. If they never release it on PS5, then I will buy it for PC or Xbox down the road to support the team (not the corporation).

Maybe MS will announce it to be day 1 on PS5 as well.
That's cool, but you're one of the 2% of people who care about Team Ninja as a brand and who will plop down $50 for the game. Most others will see the 90% discount method of Gamepass

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The PS5 sales maybe changed their minds at last minute?
It would make sense If the PS5 sales were like the final test for their studios, and hifi rush just didnt sell good enough...

Btw the same source who told me about those closures, also told me that the Ghost Of Tsushina sequel will feature a female lead, so the next showcase will be VERY interesting lol

Holy moly if Rare is closed. What a blunder.

Also, screw that.. I want Jin back but wouldn’t mind playing as Jin and Tomoe.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
The ABK deal going through, has made xbox frugal and ruthless. all because of that 70 billion dollar deal. Maybe it was too much?

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Some people's persistence is nothing short of formidable. This guy had been tweeting every single day since Prey 2017 came out.

Phil Spencer finally figured it out how to stop releasing Xbox on PS and Switch. By closing down studios. It is working, no Redfall then.

Oh no, now we're not going to get Redfall on our console!

- no Playstation owner, ever.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It was expected after redfail but Tango game works were great.

Sony, MS, Square and Capcom seem to think that for Single player games it's either AAAA or bust in most cases, which is sad.

Although if this helps to have TES VI earlier then it's for the better. But not at the expense of the evil within 3...

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
I'm afraid the next one could be Ninja Theory. I don't think Microsoft is going to spend 4-5 years paying salaries for the studio to do more than make great technical feats but mediocre games that will barely move hardware and subscriptions. The only thing that could save the studio is a hypothetical port to PS5 (although not even that). I fear the same with Sony's Media Molecule.
MediaMolecule only has a few people there, I don't think it costs much to run.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Redfall flopped hard. So I get why arkane Austin got merked. Tango closing down shop is a head scratcher since it was a "breakout" hit. Lol
Simple they wanted to give the game a chance since it was pretty much done at the time. Now they're just following their original plans of just wanting Bethesda and it's IPS. Now the the ABK acquisition is blown over they don't have to keep a front anymore. Sucks for the devs that are losing their jobs because of them.