BREAKING: Xbox is shutting down Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and two other studios.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Redfall flopped hard. So I get why arkane Austin got merked. Tango closing down shop is a head scratcher since it was a "breakout" hit. Lol
Redfail is a game that most & if not all of the Devs didn't want to make , they were forced to work on it & it shows , when Microsoft bought zenimax they were really hoping they'd come in & cancel the game & let them make a game they actually wanted to which they clearly didn't , Phil 'the gamer' Spencer visited the studio played the game knew it was dog shit & still released it then threw them under the bus after & acted like they'd never seen the game before

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Aww…Poowr Spencewr’s feewings are getting hurt. Meanwhile, all of those laid off workers and their livelihoods.

God, he has such a resting douchebag face.

Where is Ybarra to sabotage the next to?
He is doing good job for m$.

Phil will be hurting? While getting tens of millions? Really? That's you message?
Fucking douchbag.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Dayumm. MS be killing more studios than EA.

Though I seem to remember hifi rush getting slammed on this website when it launched, with it being referred to as toilet-flush. Now it's an ace game and it's sad the studio closed down?

I wonder what changed 🤔. It couldn't be that it launched on playstation, no, that would be hypocritical and as we've seen, die hard Sony fans are not hypocrits.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Ohhhhhh thinking a big more about...

I won't be surprised if all the fake concern in Helldivers 2's linking account was not orchestrated to take a bit from today news :oops:
It's more likely that Sony knew the studio closures were coming, so they did a quick reversal to have HD2 controversy in the rear view mirror before MS dropped their bad news.

• fire
Reactions: ethomaz

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
would it be far to say that HD2 ''boycott'' was orchestrated by m$ to cover up these news?
I don't think Xbox leadership is anywhere near clever. To combat this bad news, MS needs to create another top role in Xbox and then... promote everyone up one level. It worked before. 😂

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Evil Within 2 is fantastic. What a shame.
I still have ghostwire tokyo in my backlog.

Funny stupid psn login gets WAY MORE internet drama than xbox ruining the whole industry
Meh wasn't a huge fan of 2 I'm afraid , the 'open' world approach just didn't feel good for me it should've remained linear also thought that camera dude was a really crap boss

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I really don't understand why they didn't try to sell Tango Games and everyone else and kept Bethesda since that's all they wanted anyways

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Redfall flopped hard. So I get why arkane Austin got merked. Tango closing down shop is a head scratcher since it was a "breakout" hit. Lol
Redfall was set up to fail from the start because they forced them to announce the game before it was ready and gave them a tight leash to get it out whether finished or not.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Redfail is a game that most & if not all of the Devs doing want to make , they were forced to work on it & it shows , when Microsoft bought zenimax they were really hoping they'd come in & cancel the game & let them do make a game they actually wanted to which they clearly didn't , Phil 'the gamer' Spencer visited the studio played the game knew it was dog shit & still released it then threw them under the bus after & acted like they'd never seen the game before
yeah i know. But Prey was also a commercial failure and 70 percent of the staff that worked on that game left after it came out. 2 Triple A flops in a row can send a studio to hell. And thats what happen to arkane Austin.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I really don't understand why they didn't try to sell Tango Games and everyone else and kept Bethesda since that's all they wanted anyways
They had to keep up their smoke and mirrors for the ABK acquisition and besides their sleeper hit wouldn't have net them any money if they sold Tangoworks pretty much anything that wasn't going to generate Elderscrolls level revenue was going to be trimmed out. More than likely this is also another result of them throwing money out the window for the ABK acquisition. I know it's been stated that some devs were going to be repositioned to other games but most are going to be laid off. As for why they didn't try to sell the others simple they don't want anyone making money from those studios if they couldn't do it. That's just the game Big America Corpo's play especially Microsoft if they can't have them no one else can. The only reason games outside of the West don't receive that treatment is because they haven't found away yet to do it.

24 Jun 2022

Though I seem to remember hifi rush getting slammed on this website when it launched, with it being referred to as toilet-flush. Now it's an ace game and it's sad the studio closed down?

I wonder what changed 🤔. It couldn't be that it launched on playstation, no, that would be hypocritical and as we've seen, die hard Sony fans are not hypocrits.

FWIW, I never trashed HiFi Rush. I did say it was maybe getting somewhat overrated/overhyped, which was true, but that was never to say it was bad.

In fact I remember saying it was a good example of what SIE could be doing more of with AA efforts of their own, preferably internally. Or just for SIE to return to doing more AA output, something I still stand behind.

Reactions: xollowsob
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Wait, Arkane Austin made Prey? That's an excellent game. Excellent. How'd they go from that to RedFall?
The live service hype made the bosses greedy so instead of a great single player game they were forced to make a shit online only multiplayer game (they reversed course eventually to make it playable in single player but it was too late by that point)

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Why’re you making stuff up? Only person on this site that clowned HiFi Rush is @Gods&Monsters and opinion didn’t change after it was ported