BREAKING: Xbox is shutting down Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and two other studios.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
To those of you calling it "Rundhouse Studios", that was a Jason Schier typo, it was named Roundhouse Studios. And it was also of very debatable quality, in their past life they were known as Human Head studios, releasing some "hidden gems" like Prey and Brink for Take 2 and Bethesda but also the infamously awful The Quiet Man for Square.

No thoughts on the Mighty Doom guys, I can't even tell you what that is.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
yeah i know. But Prey was also a commercial failure and 70 percent of the staff that worked on that game left after it came out. 2 Triple A flops in a row can send a studio to hell. And thats what happen to arkane Austin.
That's true although I think that must've been down to some terrible advertising, I only bought when it was on sale in the ps store for cheap & was expecting it to be crap because of how cheap it was but to my surprise it was great

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why’re you making stuff up? Only person on this site that clowned HiFi Rush is @Gods&Monsters and opinion didn’t change after it was ported
The only reason I talked shit about Hifi is because it came out when Adamsapple was a big poster here and he did the same with Forspoken. Bodycount (Japan Hates Xbox on twitter) and me trolled him until he was permabanned 😁

I used this GIF so much at the time 😅

New York Knicks L GIF by Sidetalk

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The only reason I talked shit about Hifi is because it came out when Adamsapple was a big poster here and he did the same with Forspoken. Bodycount (Japan Hates Xbox on twitter) and me trolled him until he was permabanned 😁

I used this GIF so much at the time 😅

New York Knicks L GIF by Sidetalk
Will Smith Movie GIF

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Man, can you imagine what Xbox would have done to Square by now if the fanboys had gotten their way & they bought them? Especially with that string of underperforming games recently?

The same that square is doing right now. Focusing on AAA. Japanese studios have also started taking this approach, after their AA games bombed. It seems AA gaming will be for indies and much smaller studios. It's AAA or bust.

• haha
Reactions: Swolf712

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Man, can you imagine what Xbox would have done to Square by now if the fanboys had gotten their way & they bought them? Especially with that string of underperforming games recently?
Every acquisition they hoped for was about spite so killing off every beloved square IP would’ve been justice because it was probably a PlayStation exclusive at one point in time.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Bad Xbox news seems dime a dozen but today feels different. It seems like the industry itself has turned on MS today. Even some of their most vocal supporters are disavowing them. It’s hard to say if this too, is coordinated, like everything else they’ve done up until this point or this is actually the straw that broke the camels back?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They pretty much bougth Bethesda for $7B exclusivelly for Bethesda Game Studios, the studio that spent 8 years working on Starfield. :LOL:

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon

Arminius

19 May 2023
What made Timdog change his stance on Xbox so sharply, considering he was such a die hard fan?