BREAKING: Xbox is shutting down Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and two other studios.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Yeah evil within is the most dissaponting ip that has been lost.

Can't see MS do anything with it.

Definitely not, given their comments on what they want to focus on I don't see TEW being that big of an IP for them to even consider touching which reaaaaaaally fucking hurts. Wild that Xbox was sitting with a great survival horror and character action IP and just pissed it away because they probably wanna make more Fallout :/

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Sans_titre.png

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Yes but you need to be rational. This news about MS shutting down Tango, will be seen every small to big studio in Japan. There is no way Sega or any other Japanese pub who would sell to MS. Thou I still agree that Sony needs definitely to buy Square Enix as a defensive counter measurement, also because of other threats like Tencent.
I don’t think Sony needs to acquire Square Enix really Sony needs to lock both Capcom & Square to PS. Can PS acquire both without a regulatory battle doubtful. Acquiring Capcom will be better with synergies with EVO + VR & mainline AAA games with few AA gems like Mega Man & Ghouls & Goblin. Then you have Square who outside JRPG don’t have much synergies no EVO, no VR. A full acquisition of Capcom & a massive 40% investment of n Square so that there in PS circle & can’t be bought out easily. If Sony acquire Square they won’t be able to buy Capcom & I don’t think Capcom will take massive investment but who knows these are conversations that you simply can’t predict without being inside knowing what the strategy is for Sony/PS. Also with Square if Sony invest acquire the Dragon Quest ip. Sony has to worry about Tencent & Kadokawa/Fromsoft aswell

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Tango is surprising. Arkane after Redfall not at all.

Buying for IPs … LOLs. Anyone who’s been alive in the last two decades know this is what MS does… buy things and turn them to shit.

This is also further proof that gamepass cannot sustain game development. There’s no money to be made when you share a subscription fee with other games launching on the platform. Every game they debuted on gamepass has made less money for everyone involved than they would’ve if sold at cost. Would’ve debatably reached less players but hey… these devs may have not been forced to close up shop.

Phil is fully accountable. Yes the quality of software from MS is trash, and institutionally MS is incapable of fostering game development… but the problem is gamepass. It killed sales.

People who champion gamepass day one bullshit have always refused to accept this truth. It hurts the industry as a whole.

The full third party slate of software support is to backpedal on gamepass. It 100% is.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

The whole shadow drop thing was a strategy used for demos of estabilished IPs only an idiot like Phil Spender would think it was a good idea to do it to a game like HiFi Rush, that actually ended up being well reviewed.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It’s very, very upsettinh how much they claimed an in development game for themselves. Spencer talking about how he allowed Tango to do what they wanted. Bitch they were already busy with the game, the only thing he did was cancel PS5 ports. What fucking support are they providing in Asia? Paying for timed exclusive persona trailers? Fuck off, please.
Could've sworn hifi rush got rated for Nintendo switch not long aswell so it looks like they'll shut the studio before they release the switch version lol

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Not really a breaking news when everyone was expecting it...

Thou I still agree that Sony needs definitely to buy Square Enix

I currently hope not. With how Sony is copying all bad decisions of Xbox, they would close SE within 3 years.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Not really a breaking news when everyone was expecting it...

I currently hope not. With how Sony is copying all bad decisions of Xbox, they would close SE within 3 years.
Nah SE will live forever. FF, KH, DQ and even Nier are pretty important for Sony. They can't ruin SE, because it's not SIE who would buy them. If they buy them they will be under Sony Music Japan or the parent Sony Group Corporation I guess.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Lulblade 2 a 7 hr game for 50$, lol people didn't buy the new prince of persia , good luck getting this 7 hr migraine inducing game to sell more than half a million copies. Going to bomb big time in Asia where gameplay matters more than visuals and this game has no gameplay.